55k repair bill

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP has a point. The Repair bills are a bit high in this game. It would be one thing if the Dailies were not so dam spread out because doing them as a healer is a *****. It takes a few hours to complete the dailies, therefore I dont care to do them all anymore. If they all were on 1 planet it would not be so much of an issue, spread out like they are. Honestly Its not fun.

Full Heals here w/dps or tank companion (I switch out depending on what quest) and it takes about an hr to complete all of the Belsavis dailies. With another 30-45 minutes to do the Ilum ones. That is only due to needing to find another to do the H2 mission.

At the start of the week I had less than 30k. Now nearing the reset I have well over 700k. From just doing dailies and Ops. 55k is easy to make. I regularly have 30-60k repairs and I've never been unable to repair.

This complaint is more so about people who want to spend the least amount of time in game (and complete a fraction of what's offered) and feel that they should be rewarded the same as those that spend more of their time in-game (who complete all that is offered). It's an MMO and follows the Time=Reward model.

Running Ops should be expensive if you keep wiping and excessively rewarding if you can manage to complete in one go. There has to be a negative to failure.

I don't exactly agree with this. 500k in a day is a lot.

Although you can make 100k easily in a day just from dailies.

This I believe. However, according to the numbers, I don't think you can make 100k in one hour unless you are really fast and have no down time at all.

I see a lot of people talk about "spend a night wiping".....on what!? Nightmare Soa maybe if you don't have the DPS at the end...

We haven't spent more than ~8pulls on anything in the game, at any difficulty. Not to come off as an elitist or anything but this is the first tier or raiding. Just wait for the real grinds I'm sure are coming.

As a biochem you can send your companions out to collect grade 5 bioanal mats and sell on GTN if you have the proper two support skills for it. This alone can generate 200-400k a day depending on the time you are logged in. I also craft the pruple lvl 49 implants and sell those, on an average day I have well over 750k coming in from the GTN and never do dailies unless I am bored.

I see a lot of people talk about "spend a night wiping".....on what!? Nightmare Soa maybe if you don't have the DPS at the end...

We haven't spent more than ~8pulls on anything in the game, at any difficulty. Not to come off as an elitist or anything but this is the first tier or raiding. Just wait for the real grinds I'm sure are coming.

You like many others are coming off as an elitist and it makes reading your posts very unpleasant. Your condescending tone is not helpful to this discussion.

As a biochem you can send your companions out to collect grade 5 bioanal mats and sell on GTN if you have the proper two support skills for it. This alone can generate 200-400k a day depending on the time you are logged in. I also craft the pruple lvl 49 implants and sell those, on an average day I have well over 750k coming in from the GTN and never do dailies unless I am bored.

Unfortunately Artifice mats and items are practically worthless.

This is excessive BioWare. I lead a progression end game pve and pvp guild, we wipe a lot on new content. 55k per shot is just too much. I only have so much time to grind for credits.

My dps sage uses a mix of Columi, Tionese, Centurion, Champion and Rakata gear. How much is the repair cost going to be when I am in full Rakata gear? 75k? 100k?

Repair costs should be cut in half at a minimum.

You get 55k just dancing in one spot - it is not a lot of money at all.

Crit Crafted Lightsabers and 1.2

Perhaps but that does not help me now. The blue light sabres I can make are far eclipsed by even Tionese and Centurion light sabres. I cannot sell the Rakata relics I can make because they are BoP. I am trying to get a purple crystal schematic but no luck on boss drops so far. So far Artifice is more of a credit loser than a credit maker.

I absolutely LOVE how we have operative healers in here telling nonstealth classes to suck it up. When you can just disappear after a wipe!

I am a pt tank and I die first, everytime anyone dies at all. that is my job. I lead a guild, we have players getting to 50 all the time and learning new mechanics.I sometimes have to go cred farming for 2-3 hours, just to spend 1 hr teaching newer members hm content! It's just exhausting how much it costs me to repair. and its not like finished 50s w/ gear who know mechanics hang out long in this game..

If you are an op healer or anyone else who can survive a wipe, you have NO valid point on repair costs.

Repair costs have cut my groups night short far too early far too often. When we're not done playing for the night but we have no choice but to log, or to stop grouping and go back to soloing dailys.. that sucks

Edited by Prolyfic

I absolutely LOVE how we have operative healers in here telling nonstealth classes to suck it up. When you can just disappear after a wipe!

I am a pt tank and I die first, everytime anyone dies at all. that is my job. and I sometimes have to go cred farming for 2-3 hours, just to spend 1 hr teaching newer members hm content. It's just exhausting how much it costs me to repair.

If you are an op healer or anyone else who can survive a wipe, you have NO valid point on repair costs.

I am a dps sage which puts me high on the bosses threat table. I can sometimes exit area but when the tank goes down, I am usually second or third in line.

I am a pt tank and I die first, everytime anyone dies at all. that is my job. I lead a guild, we have players getting to 50 all the time and learning new mechanics.I sometimes have to go cred farming for 2-3 hours, just to spend 1 hr teaching newer members hm content! It's just exhausting how much it costs me to repair. and its not like finished 50s w/ gear who know mechanics hang out long in this game..

Stop whining and run some dailies. Run the heroic modes. Not only are they 10k+, you can solo half of them (you don't even need to be stealth). Then you can sell the rewards for $20k or more each on the maketplace. That is over $100k for a handful of dailies. That should be enough for the week. Plus you can buy mods with the daily tokens or built up to 120 dailies and sell the implants for about 1 million credits.

On top of that, HM raids should be giving you money through drops (the alien data cube + schematics and mod drops). You can literally spend a couple of hours in one week to make up for the repair costs.

There should be a penalty for wiping, and honestly about 10k per wipe is about right. I too run multiple runs with multiple toons helping people. Yet dailies and columi implants pay the bills and then some.

Stop whining, get off your butt, and run a handful of dailies to pay for your repair bills. That is your penalty for wiping. If you don't want to run dailies, then you simply have to stop wiping. Let someone else who won't complain about it teach people and stick to a group that rarely wipes if you can't handle the few dailies you need to run a week in order to pay for repair bills.

BTW...I don't have a single stealth toon.

Stop whining and run some dailies. Run the heroic modes. Not only are they 10k+, you can solo half of them (you don't even need to be stealth). Then you can sell the rewards for $20k or more each on the maketplace. That is over $100k for a handful of dailies. That should be enough for the week. Plus you can buy mods with the daily tokens or built up to 120 dailies and sell the implants for about 1 million credits.

On top of that, HM raids should be giving you money through drops (the alien data cube + schematics and mod drops). You can literally spend a couple of hours in one week to make up for the repair costs.

There should be a penalty for wiping, and honestly about 10k per wipe is about right. I too run multiple runs with multiple toons helping people. Yet dailies and columi implants pay the bills and then some.

Stop whining, get off your butt, and run a handful of dailies to pay for your repair bills. That is your penalty for wiping. If you don't want to run dailies, then you simply have to stop wiping. Let someone else who won't complain about it teach people and stick to a group that rarely wipes if you can't handle the few dailies you need to run a week in order to pay for repair bills.

BTW...I don't have a single stealth toon.

Sorry, I am not buying what you are selling. Few work harder than I do in this game and I have steadily been going broke. A handfull of daylies will not cover my repair bills.

Edited by Samaul

Sorry, I am not buying what you are selling. Few work harder than I do in this game and I have steadily been going broke.

Each of my toons have a million credits. Seriously, you run dailies and you are going broke? Do you wipe 200 times per toon per week?

Dailies are 7k to 13k each. There are, IIRC, 16 or 17 dailies (not including the space dailies). Add in the mods you get (3 of them) and dailies can give you over 200k per day (you can also sell the implants or mods you buy with daily tokens...also belsavis tokens build up and you can buy purple items to sell). Even more if you do the space dailies. Then add in progression weekly and raid drops. You can do a speed flashpoint runs to get that daily and weekly. On top of that, PVP dailis/weeklies if you want. If you really worked hard, then you can make about 2 million credits per week per toon. Please tell me you are not spending 2 million per toon on wipes. At around 10k per wipe (I am full Rakata, and I have repaired after 1 wipe from fully repaired...it's costs a little over 10k) that means you have to wipe 200 times per toon each week in order to be broke.

In other words you are not running the dailies on a regular basis, and therefore no where near one of the hardest workers in this game.

Edited by McGarnagle

Run Boarding Party and Foundry in normal mode (or the Repub equiv) by yourself. Its quick, its easy, you have no chance of dying, and you can run them an infinite amount of times, on your own time, while you are watching tv, feeding the baby, or dancing with Rosey Palm and her 5 sisters.

Each of my toons have a million credits. Seriously, you run dailies and you are going broke? Do you wipe 200 times per toon per week?

Dailies are 7k to 13k each. There are, IIRC, 16 or 17 dailies (not including the space dailies). Add in the mods you get (3 of them) and dailies can give you over 200k per day (you can also sell the implants or mods you buy with daily tokens...also belsavis tokens build up and you can buy purple items to sell). Even more if you do the space dailies. Then add in progression weekly and raid drops. You can do a speed flashpoint runs to get that daily and weekly. On top of that, PVP dailis/weeklies if you want. If you really worked hard, then you can make about 2 million credits per week per toon. Please tell me you are not spending 2 million per toon on wipes. At around 10k per wipe (I am full Rakata, and I have repaired after 1 wipe from fully repaired...it's costs a little over 10k) that means you have to wipe 200 times per toon each week in order to be broke.

In other words you are not running the dailies on a regular basis, and therefore no where near one of the hardest workers in this game.

The ability to read minds remotely over the internet must be a terrible burden.

Run Boarding Party and Foundry in normal mode (or the Repub equiv) by yourself. Its quick, its easy, you have no chance of dying, and you can run them an infinite amount of times, on your own time, while you are watching tv, feeding the baby, or dancing with Rosey Palm and her 5 sisters.

What is the money making gain in this?

OP are you just trolling in here?

Several guys told you that dailys from Belsavis and illum can grant you up to 150k creds EACH DAY.You dont raid each day, you maybe raid what 3 times a week?So if you get 55k repairs each time you go to raid(which i doubt very much) its 55*3=165k.Now do dailys 2 (TWO) days in a week and you will get 300k creds.

I've been farming dailys with 1(ONE) friend of mine every day and we had no problem at all and it may have took us a max of 2h(it may have been alot less but i dont remember anymore) each day.

If your problem is putting some effort into the game then i agree with 90% of the posters here telling you that this is not a game for you and i dont think any MMO will be.

Bad math is bad. If I am losing 100-150k per night on repairs in new content and I am making 50-60k from daylies, if that, the math just doesnt add up. I think some of you are just making things up about how much you make off of daylies.

Lets take a look at the actual math. There are about 4 or 5 Ilum daylies that you can do in about 30 mins to an hour. Those daylies pay about 12k credits each.

4 x 12,000 = 48,000 credits

that can be wiped out by a single 50-60k repair of yellow gear. Sorry but your numbers just dont add up. According to the numbers, anyone who does daylies a few days a week and hardmode flashpoints and Ops content a few days a week will steadily lose credits until they have nothing left within 2-3 weeks.

This is completely false. I raid 2 - 3x per week between normal and hard mode...I do 2 - 3 HM instances on the nights I am not raiding. My bankroll is steadily growing.

You can make 65 - 70k a day just doing the 3 space missions that are not grey at level 50...it takes 20 min to do all 3 of them. You can invest 20 min in your character to support raiding...can't you? If not, you have no right to ask the rest of your raid group to invest in your character by getting it raid loot.

If you add on to that 20 min per day a few days of running dailies a week on the nights you are not raiding...your bankroll will only grow.

Credits are not hard to come by in SWTOR.