A Day in the Life of a Republic pvper

GingerMagician

I present a list of warzone matches played over the course of a day on 24/2/12 Chuundar server.

Huttball

lost 6-1

won 2-1 (rep team was oppo)

lost 6-0

lost 6-0

won 6-0

won 3-3 (rep team oppo)

lost 5-1

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

won 3-2(rep team oppo)

lost 3-1

lost 3-2

Voidstar

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

won

Alderrran

lost 415-0

lost 400-0

lost

lost

won 65-0

lost

won 330-0

won 120-0

lost 300-0

lost 200-0

lost 300-0

won 300-0

lost 305-0

Ok so 36 matches during 24/2.I am a level 50 gunslinger with 634 expertise gear mostly now champion.

36 matches played won 9 lost 27

So that works out to a 75% loss 25% win record.

This was pretty average for the server overall and although there are many players on my server who deny that republic are at a disadvantage and always claim that warzone matches are about 50/50 the evidence above is there for all to see.

As a world famous mmo gamer and pvp legend I know that these losses are not because I or the rest of republic side are bad players its merely that we are massively disadvantaged by ingame mechanics and the appalling bias toward imps overall.

It is now more or less prime time on a sunday on one of the major european servers.There are 28 republic players in the fleet and this number is not uncommon.

SWTOR is a failed game with unbelieveably bad balance and pvp problems and its no surprise that the population of Chuundar server has dropped so low on the republic side.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I present a list of warzone matches played over the course of a day on 24/2/12 Chuundar server.

Huttball

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

lost 6-0

won 6-0

won 3-3 (rep team oppo)

lost 5-1

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

won 3-2(rep team oppo)

lost 3-1

lost 3-2

Voidstar

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

won

Alderrran

lost 415-0

lost 400-0

lost

lost

won 65-0

lost

won 330-0

won 120-0

lost 300-0

lost 200-0

lost 300-0

won 300-0

lost 305-0

Ok so 36 matches during 24/2.I am a level 50 gunslinger with 634 expertise gear mostly now champion.

This was pretty average for the server overall and although there are many players on my server who deny that republic are at a disadvantage and always claim that warzone matches are about 50/50 the evidence above is there for all to see.

As a world famous mmo gamer and pvp legend I know that these losses are not because I or the rest of republic side are bad players its merely that we are massively disadvantaged by ingame mechanics and the appalling bias toward imps overall.

It is now more or less prime time on a sunday on one of the major european servers.There are 28 republic players in the fleet and this number is not uncommon.

SWTOR is a failed game with unbelieveably bad balance and pvp problems and its no surprise that the population of Chuundar server has dropped so low on the republic side.

Stop talking ****.

I'm on your server and can safely say I win a LOT more than I lose.

Hell, I'll even dare any imperial lvl 50 from our server to challenge me on that statement.

Oh and there isn't any "evidence"

It's just a bunch of random numbers you've posted.

Edited by stevesetoe

Yeah dream on and keep believing you are a good player just cause you play imp.

You should join up with the reps on my server who say its all fine and perfectly balanced.

Mind you the number of holocaust deniers worldwide is pretty low now too.

Guess this is why they say, never trust a ginger.

Its not really evidence. It's just your personal experience from one day of playing. . .not nearly enough to make an accurate win/loss ratios from

The word "bad" is missing from the thread title.

Im not 100% agreeing with this guy, but it could be true. Just cause you're level 50 and have some expertise doesn't mean that you're good. . .and it doesn't mean that your team will be good either.

I saw someone mention something in another thread and it really is the case. Someone has to lose in a warzone. Not everyone can take a loss to the chin and enjoy it(in some way or another).

I think a lot of people just rage too much about losing. Dont get me wrong, I understand how losing a lot can be aggravating(especially when all you want to do is complete a daily), i've had my fair share of loses.

Less rage, more haste

Its not really evidence. It's just your personal experience from one day of playing. . .not nearly enough to make an accurate win/loss ratios from

Im not 100% agreeing with this guy, but it could be true. Just cause you're level 50 and have some expertise doesn't mean that you're good. . .and it doesn't mean that your team will be good either.

I saw someone mention something in another thread and it really is the case. Someone has to lose in a warzone. Not everyone can take a loss to the chin and enjoy it(in some way or another).

I think a lot of people just rage too much about losing. Dont get me wrong, I understand how losing a lot can be aggravating(especially when all you want to do is complete a daily), i've had my fair share of loses.

Less rage, more haste

If it's the Ginger I know then he is bound to think he's the best pvper in swtor, using logic against him is pointless.

I've been playing on multiple servers since early access. I've done the same thing as you. Test a number of matches, multiple times, to see how much i would win/loose on either side. It's a perfectly fine little test to get a feel of how the bigger statistics would look like if you would actually test it scientifically. I also noticed this same trend. It was pretty shocking to me at first how easy it was to win playing on imperial side. I didn't even really have to try. The class, population and gear imbalance is just reaaaaally out of hand. Unfortunately it can't be fixed very quickly. Oh, and i've noticed the same thing on my fleet. It's becoming more and more empty. Most of my friends i leveled to battlemaster with in PvP already quit out of frustration and it's been getting harder to get warzone pops who don't start with 4-5 people :(

Rofl.

Huttball

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

lost 6-0

won 6-0

won 3-3 (rep team oppo)

lost 5-1

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

won 3-2(rep team oppo)

lost 3-1

lost 3-2

Voidstar

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

won

Alderrran

lost 415-0

lost 400-0

lost

lost

won 65-0

lost

won 330-0

won 120-0

lost 300-0

lost 200-0

lost 300-0

won 300-0

lost 305-0

Sounds like the Republic on your server sucks A $$ Reverse the wins and loses and you'll have my Avg day of PVP as a Rep player 50 or Sub 50 it doesn't mater.

Edited by KrotanaThrall

Huttball

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

lost 6-0

won 6-0

won 3-3 (rep team oppo)

lost 5-1

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

won 3-2(rep team oppo)

lost 3-1

lost 3-2

Voidstar

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

won

Alderrran

lost 415-0

lost 400-0

lost

lost

won 65-0

lost

won 330-0

won 120-0

lost 300-0

lost 200-0

lost 300-0

won 300-0

lost 305-0

I dont blame you. It all about GEAR here. And also HUTTBALL is made for jedi and merc/healer hybrid which it can able to immune stuns and knockbacks.. If u get in huttball just leave immediately. it not worth it.

One thing I dont get it is after I hit valor 60 then now what? no reason to continue playin here. PvP is bad here.. I missed SWG's pvp/BF and bounty hunting system. Thats me.

It might not be the best idea to put this on a gaming forum though. Most people will just spout their opinion and attack you personally just because they can. I would advise you to do some more of those tests and submit them as a ticket to Bioware. They are valid little tests that are usefull for the developers, and honestly, they should pay attention to them and try to work something out ASAP. Later bro, i'ma get the hell out of the forums again.

Huttball

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

lost 6-0

won 6-0

won 3-3 (rep team oppo)

lost 5-1

lost 6-1

lost 6-0

won 3-2(rep team oppo)

lost 3-1

lost 3-2

Voidstar

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

lost

won

Alderrran

lost 415-0

lost 400-0

lost

lost

won 65-0

lost

won 330-0

won 120-0

lost 300-0

lost 200-0

lost 300-0

won 300-0

lost 305-0

But here's the thing, it may not necessarily be YOU, but rather the people you also play with. There's other factors into suckign at any MMO pvp game than just gear.

Consider this:

Scenario 1:

We've all done it we zigged when we should have zagged, you go 1v1 with a ranged class and you're a melee and you used the wrong skill at the wrong time causing the match to end not in your favour, now consider that there's people you play with that have no clue on what they are doing (you lose the warzone)

Scenario 2:

You and 2 other team mates have a decent amount of expertise gear but the two play together and you don't, they have a voice chat program and you have typing, while they may be able to communicate fast and efficiently, you miss out on these "words behind the scenes" moments between these two. Teamwork fails and the team falls apart (you lose the warzone)

Scenario 3:

Some players have HORRIBLE spatial awareness. You end up on a team with them, guess what...you lose the warzone!!

Scenario 4:

Some people have this need to minimize the chat window and never play with it open, they miss out on ALL warzone communication. No communication means...yah, you guessed it...YOU LOSE THE WARZONE!!

Scenario 5:

Some players can't count and anticipate offensive/defensive movements. SO many times I was in Alderaan turret game and our team has had trouble capturing mid turret, upon closer inspection, I noticed that 8 Imperials were at the turret, so with my voice chat program and 2 friends with me we break off from mid turret fight and go capture the right turret with no trouble and defend it to start the lemming spam defense on left and right turrets and win the game.

Another time you notice that your one defender might be in trouble, typically when people type "incoming Need help" or anything to that effect it's too late, but real players who pvp can clearly see changes in combat and you get a feel and by reasonable deduction know exactly where the next attack point has moved to. By the time you type in these games defensively or offensively it's usually too late. You need players who can see that ahead of time and know instinctively to adapt.

In closing, to say that it's a balance issue is not entirely true, especially from that stand point. I've been pvping for about 15 years in MMO's and there's things that hold true in any of these games.

Skill (yes it matters to know when to press what skill over the other guy in all areas of archetypes)

Stats (in the end your numbers back up your skill. +1 is always bigger than 0)

Knowledge (knowing your class and knowing your enemy, all people play relatively the same, knowing what they'll more than likely do next is a HUGE advantage)

Communication (I'm not talking typing, I'm talking voice chat, you know stuff that's been around for years upon years, I don't care how fast of a typer you are, you need to type and move your fingers to the letters and therefore miss out on defensive/offensive activation abilities when it matters most)

Adaptation (knowing and anticipating movements and changes in player flow to areas makes a huge difference, must be done quick and before the other team adapts)

pretty sure that covers the basics, so unfortunately no amount of patching can fix stupid. Stupid players will always be stupid players, and a win:loss ratio means that possibly the unfixable is many stupid people play Republic.

PS - I'm not going into other minor issues of animation differences, etc. We're talking base issues here.

This is 100% fact. I noticed this when I started getting Huttball games against another Rep team. The contest is easier. It's a closer match always. When it's Republic vs Imperial it's harder. Not because of skills, but game mechanics.