Everyone looks the same at level 50..

ashanator

All the High end PvP/PvE armors look the same for each class with the exception of a bit of different colors here and there..

I've dead set stripped every single mod from my 40+ gear because id rather run around in a low end armor set that actually looks different from everyone else

Putting out all this effort to actually be able to last in a warzone just to look the same as everyone else is kinda depressing.. would of prefered if they only released tier 1 pvp/pve armors at launch and slowly released higher tiers as the months progressed with different styles and looks

TL:DR ? Go the repub or imp fleet and look at all the 50's..

In beta you could mod ANY gear, which was much better tbh as you could look however you wanted.

But they removed the ability to mod purple weapons and the armour slot in purple armour with a ninja patch about a week before beta ended, then ignored all feedback from testers. Also removed the "match armour to chest" option :/

Quite annoying considering they went on and on about how much custimization there would be before release.

Edited by NasherUK

I wonder if this is your first MMO? Or you're just pointing out the obvious.

Most games at launch have a pre-set higher tier of gear that people shoot for... and as the game ages, more sets are added and the gear look becomes more varied as people have multiple sets and items to choose from.

Heck, people have the option already to wear social gear and orange items... so the fact they all sit in the same gear at fleet, or elsewhere, says a bit about the people who play.

Anyway, they already are looking at the modding stuff, and the dyes to make it look slightly different.... and you only have to wait till more stuff is added in the near future.

Edited by skinthinner

I wonder if this is your first MMO? Or you're just pointing out the obvious.

Most games at launch have a pre-set higher tier of gear that people shoot for... and as the game ages, more sets are added and the gear look becomes more varied as people have multiple sets and items to choose from.

Heck, people have the option already to wear social gear and orange items... so the fact they all sit in the same gear at fleet, or elsewhere, says a bit about the people who play.

I could ask the same question to you.

There are 3 tier armour sets at the moment. That's more than what some other MMO's had at launch, and yet, those other MMO's still tried to make the sets look different.

Furthermore, what makes you think that future sets WON'T be just a variation on what is already in the game hmmm?

Edited by Tarka

There are 3 tier armour sets at the moment. That's more than what some other MMO's had at launch, and yet, those other MMO's still tried to make the sets look different.

Furthermore, what makes you think that future sets WON'T be just a variation on what is already in the game hmmm?

I feel a disturbance in the force.

Edit:

I think the devs and art team have heard us enough to know we want more variations in gear aesthetics.

Only time will tell.

Edited by Azzras

No variation in endgame gear and the ninja modding patch would've matter if we had a system like LOTRO where you have a 'costume' which was what people saw, and then your gear which is what your starts come from. Then you could wear your old awesome low level gear while getting your stats from your high level stuff.

Would slove this issue of not being able to mod old gear to max level... because it wouldnt matter it was low. And for levelling you could actually look your best instead of wearing gear form 3 different sets just because it gives you vital stats, giving a better levelling experience.

No variation in endgame gear and the ninja modding patch would've matter if we had a system like LOTRO where you have a 'costume' which was what people saw, and then your gear which is what your starts come from. Then you could wear your old awesome low level gear while getting your stats from your high level stuff.

Would slove this issue of not being able to mod old gear to max level... because it wouldnt matter it was low. And for levelling you could actually look your best instead of wearing gear form 3 different sets just because it gives you vital stats, giving a better levelling experience.

In patch 1.2 you will be able to mod your old gear with endgame stats. Set bonus will also xfer.

Ability to remove mods from all endgame gear and set bonus xfers coming to a patch near you.

Indeed. They've announced efforts to remedy the problem already. I welcome them and can't wait!

One possible cosmetic improvement though: A method by which you can move all mods in a piece of gear to a new piece in the same slot and receive a discount rather than pay full removal value. When you're switching the set-up of a whole gear to a new gear the removal cost is just a tax on individuality and ought to be reduced. This will help the game look more vibrant and interesting, to everyone's benefit.

For example, I recently found a pretty nifty looking chest and wanted to move my current chest mods into it. This would be a pure vanity change with no game affect. I worked out this would cost around 80k credits. I resolved instead to acquire new mods rather than move them. Admittedly the mods I current use are daily mods and very easily acquired, but the point stands, the current higher level charges discourage customisation.

was that rhetorical? I couldn't tell.

Sorry to burst your bubble... but you just said TOR has more armor in end game than other MMOs at launch... but the other MMOs try to make the end game armors look different?

Which is it? TOR has more, or the other which has less than 3 looks more varied??? Seeing as the end game armor for TOR has 3 DISTINCT looks that you can even mix and match... I'd say you offered some rather odd feedback to the post I made.

Same problem I had with Rift. All the endgame sets look the same, there are currently 6 sets for each class, Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Centurian, Champion, and Battlemaster. The fact is, going Tio->colum->rakata, you see NO DIFFERENCE; same with the pvp. All the gear looks like crap, all the weapons are underwhelming. There is nothing asthetically endgame to strive for.

Is it just me or does this game win hands down "The FUGLIEST armor of any MMO Award"?

Much of the armor, and it seems headgear in particluar, is ROFLMAO ugly.

YES! Idk know what some of the devs were smokign when they designed some of the end-game - JK Sentinel CHamp gear... golden rod iron man samurai - BOY I cannot wait for 1.2 where I can stop wearing that horrid thing... Consular headgear looks like a swiffer fan.

Anyways... thank goodness as ppl should read up - 1.2 = transfer all end game set mods with stats, so you'll see a lot more variety. And with customization finally coming, same.

In patch 1.2 you will be able to mod your old gear with endgame stats. Set bonus will also xfer.

Yep yep.

Angst over a problem that is largely overcome in the next patch OP.

Nice thing about MMOs is they evolve and expand features over time, particularly with respect to gear sets.

The more amusing aspect though is everyone wanting to sqeak out the maximum specs, which at release are limited to a small amount of end game gear AND yet complaining about it impatiently when it has already been acknowledged by Bioware as a priority item to address in an upcoming patch.

In beta you could mod ANY gear, which was much better tbh as you could look however you wanted.

But they removed the ability to mod purple weapons and the armour slot in purple armour with a ninja patch about a week before beta ended, then ignored all feedback from testers. Also removed the "match armour to chest" option :/

Quite annoying considering they went on and on about how much custimization there would be before release.

I know, right?

Still annoyed about that & nearly 3 months later still no improvement.

Is it just me or does this game win hands down "The FUGLIEST armor of any MMO Award"?

Much of the armor, and it seems headgear in particluar, is ROFLMAO ugly.

it's a good thing then that the old Lead Concept Artist quit BioWare.

I wish a BioWare rep would officially acknowledge that THEY KNOW that we paying customers think thier endgame armor looks like garbage. Let us know that THEY KNOW THAT WE KNOW & they're going to hire someone to fix it, someone like Jan Duursema.

This entire facility of removing mods from armour can help add variation, but also causes damage to other areas of the game like crafting. Which is a shame.

When you can just modify your armour yourself, why bother buying anything else? Especially when that something else cannot be modified (e.g. craftable gear).

This entire facility of removing mods from armour can help add variation, but also causes damage to other areas of the game like crafting. Which is a shame.

When you can just modify your armour yourself, why bother buying anything else? Especially when that something else cannot be modified (e.g. craftable gear).

Um, I can craft quite a few modable items right now.

Also, 1.2 they said there is about 4 pages of patch notes for crew skills alone.

Not saying that's a good or bad thing, just repeating what I read.