Raise commendation caps

thebigpalooka

Okay, so I have an alt that I'm using primarily for playing warzones because, for some weird reason, I really enjoy playing warzones.

At this point, I have a ton of wz comms and because I can't spend any of them on my next level of gear until I hit that level, I'm going to have to either convert them into merc comms (which is still going to max out years before I ever hit level 50), spend them on boxes or stims I don't actually want/need, or else just let them sit at max while any further comms I earn get 'wasted'.

If we're not allowed to purchase gear ahead of level, why can't we at least get a higher cap on the number of commendations we can have - say 3000 or 5000? They're not tradeable, so it shouldn't screw with the economy or leveling - it would just make playing wz's sort of worthwhile between gear/equipment tiers, rather than getting punished for playing too much PvP by being forced to spend or lose comms.

I'll give you a hint as to why there's a cap on commendations;

They don't want you to be able to buy more than 6 champion bags in one go, not counting the weekly or the daily upon hitting 50, which actually makes ten.

That's ten *********** champion bags. 70 Champion commendations, and 150 Centurion commendations. If that isn't enough for you, then I don't know what to say, bro.

Edited by MashTactics

I'll give you a hint as to why there's a cap on Warzone commendations;

They don't want you to be able to buy more than 6 champion bags in one go, not counting the weekly or the daily upon hitting 50, which actually makes ten.

That's ten *********** champion bags. 70 Champion commendations, and 150 Centurion commendations. If that isn't enough for you, then I don't know what to say, bro.

1000 warzone comms doesn't get you anywhere near 10 champion bags dude. especially if you trade in 600 for the 200 mercenary comms needed to buy one champ bag.

Edited by MorgonKara

1000 warzone comms doesn't get you anywhere near 10 champion bags dude.

Alright, let's review.

Firstly, we're talking about the commendation cap being 1,000. That applies to all commendations, including mercenary commendations.

With maxed out warzone and mercenary commendations (which you can buy with warzone commendations) you can buy five (5) Champion Bags. Since Champion bags that you buy are Unique, you can buy one, max out your commendations, and then buy the other five one at a time when you hit 50, giving you a total of 6.

Following me so far?

Now, when you hit fifty, you are given a weekly and a daily. The weekly will give you three (3) Champion bags upon completion, and the daily will give you one (1), totaling four.

Now, 4 + 6 = 10.

Also, I didn't say anywhere in my last post that 1,000 warzone comms will get you 10 champion bags. Read it all, pl0x. Yes, I said Warzone commendations in the original post at the top, but I didn't explicitly say that you could buy ten with them all. I meant commendations in general, but I do apologize for that.

Edited by MashTactics

Warzone medpacs are never useless. Even if you're a healing class, having an instant emergency medpac is excellent. I suggest you max out expertise and warzone medpacs.

Considering how much healers get focused in PvP, I'd say the medpacs are especially useful for them!

I'll give you a hint as to why there's a cap on commendations;

I'm not talking about hitting 50, though - I'm talking about the fact that I'm playing warzones from level 10-49 and champion bags are little more than a twinkle in the distance, and my level 18 character maxed out their wz comms already.

Say I want to get the level 20 pvp gear for me and stick my companions in it too. As it is now, I have to wait until level 20 to even start gearing myself. Okay, so fine, I can't use it until then anyway - but I also can't 'save up' for extra gear, or weapons or w/e else, which I could do if I was planning to purchase gear with credits. We're not forced to spend credits faster than they come in, so why are we forced to spend comms?

It's fine to just say 'buy medpacks', but I'm gonna be maxed out of medpacks long before 50, too. Besides, you can't just spend them all either, because you'll probably want/need all 1000 when you actually do hit a level where new gear becomes available, so then you have to actually monitor how many wz comms you currently have so you can start saving up again in time to cap before your next level or whenever.

Just seems pointless.

I'm not talking about hitting 50, though - I'm talking about the fact that I'm playing warzones from level 10-49 and champion bags are little more than a twinkle in the distance, and my level 18 character maxed out their wz comms already.

Say I want to get the level 20 pvp gear for me and stick my companions in it too. As it is now, I have to wait until level 20 to even start gearing myself. Okay, so fine, I can't use it until then anyway - but I also can't 'save up' for extra gear, or weapons or w/e else, which I could do if I was planning to purchase gear with credits. We're not forced to spend credits faster than they come in, so why are we forced to spend comms?

It's fine to just say 'buy medpacks', but I'm gonna be maxed out of medpacks long before 50, too. Besides, you can't just spend them all either, because you'll probably want/need all 1000 when you actually do hit a level where new gear becomes available, so then you have to actually monitor how many wz comms you currently have so you can start saving up again in time to cap before your next level or whenever.

Just seems pointless.

:confused: Buy the gear before you can use it? Did this with level 20 gear a while back, and am currently doing it with the trooper level 40 gear. Just buy the gear you can, stick it in your cargo hold, and come get it when you hit level 20/40.

You cant *max out on medpacks* ... they stack to 99 and you can have as many stacks as you like. Same with the stims.

I feel your pain. I have nothing to spend comms on. Rank 67 so champ bags are useless. I have both mounts. I have ~300 WZ medpacks and Stims. Pretty much I just ignore them now and let them sit at 1000/1000.

As other posters have mentioned, the caps are there to limit your ability to stockpile pre-50. Thats all.

:confused: Buy the gear before you can use it? Did this with level 20 gear a while back, and am currently doing it with the trooper level 40 gear. Just buy the gear you can, stick it in your cargo hold, and come get it when you hit level 20/40.

Yeah, I am. But I don't like having to monitor how many comms I have. We know 1000 really isn't enough for a full set of anything ever, so why not just raise it even to 2000?

Basically I'm lazy and don't like making four trips for gear when I could just make one.

You cant *max out on medpacks* ... they stack to 99 and you can have as many stacks as you like. Same with the stims.

I feel your pain. I have nothing to spend comms on. Rank 67 so champ bags are useless. I have both mounts. I have ~300 WZ medpacks and Stims. Pretty much I just ignore them now and let them sit at 1000/1000.

As other posters have mentioned, the caps are there to limit your ability to stockpile pre-50. Thats all.

My bad - you're totally right, they stack. Still don't need that many, though.

Yeah, I am. But I don't like having to monitor how many comms I have. We know 1000 really isn't enough for a full set of anything ever, so why not just raise it even to 2000?

Basically I'm lazy and don't like making four trips for gear when I could just make one.

Well, that's definitely a personal problem. I mean, what else do you do while waiting to get into a WZ?