The amount of CC in this game is ridiculous

EscVelocity

Seriously what other mmo's have this much CC in the game?

Snares, Mezz, stuns.

I'm getting sick of spending half of my pvp gameplay being CC'd.

I wouldn't mind it as much if I had the choice not to ever go into Huttball, because you don't see CC used much in the other 2 wz's.

But considering Huttball is all I ever get either the PvP was poorly designed, or too much CC was put into the game (or both).

I honestly dont think every class needs a stun. I dont think there needs to be as many knock backs in the game either. However, the resolve system is better than a lot of systems that were in many games at the time of launch.

Funny I was thinking of making a thread like this myself. I could not agree more! The past few days before I hit 50 I was spending easily half my PvP time stunned, what's worse I only have one escape and if that's on CD I'm normally dead b4 the stun wears off.

Far FAR to much CC in this game, I hope the Devs quickly address this issue thou I am not holding my breath.

maybe this is the future of games. maybe you should try and get used to it. maybe you should get used to things changing in your life

If that is true.. Then HELP US GOD! I'm all for change, but this type of "change" is pretty ridiculous.

The fact that resolve resets to fast, and majority of the time when I die, its from a CC, and my CC breaker is ALWAYS down. They either then to fix resolve not resetting so fast, or reduce to CD for your CC breaker, or go to DR imo.

One thing I hate about this game, is NOT one class is really unique/special, that brings something to the groups. Everyone stuns, everyone pretty much knock backs. Where is being special???

BW pretty much forces you to play a certain style (talent tree) in order to help close the gap in situations due to the amount of stupid knock backs.

You don't want stuns? Play a sniper. The only stun (All CC, period) immunity for 20 seconds. 1 min (MM Spec to 45) cooldown

Tactics Vanguards get Hold the Line for their 21 pnt talent (Level 30). At a 30 second cooldown, Hold the Line grants 30% speed increase, and physics and movement impairing effect immunity. Everything but Stuns and Mezzes basically. This lasts for I think 8 seconds. You can stay mobile while doing this. Vanguards also have some great utility, good survivablility, and dps. They are the perfect DPS/tank hyrbid (save for a 'sin and shadow, maybe. Haven't rolled one yet, so I can't say exactly).

while sometimes i do get frustrated with the cc, it is even more frustrating not being able to cc. player have to be on point to correctly cc a player in this game, if they all spam cc on you your get white bared which 9 times out of 10 will equal you killing your target or scoring the hutt ball.

i came from lotro monsterplay, they had items called brands that could only be used out of combat(unless you were max rank you could pop it in combat). lotro created items you could buy for real money, everything from pots with a 20sec cd to 5min cd brands useable in combat regardless of rank. if i had to make the choice, id rather have too much cc then not enough.

if each class didnt have some form of cc, then classes like the comando/merc would be unkillable with certain traits. in the same sense some damage classes would be unstopable without the amount of cc that the support classes have access to.

i play marauder, my solution is to save my cc breaker for when i have been white bared then hit the breaker and a defense cd + medpack and enjoy the freedom white bar has to offer.

yes the ammount of cc in this game is beyond ridiculous. and the fact that it does not break upon damage aswell is just another kick in the teeth. being stun locked until youre dead isnt something that should be possible in any mmo imho. and that bloody resolve bar is not working properly and not helping enough when it does.

Yea, there's far too much CC. The resolve apologists like to make excuses for it, but when CC is as prolific as it is in this game, it has no tactical aspect to it, which is what CC should be...tactical. Not something you just spam when its off cooldown, which is what people do when there's so much of it available. Edited by Vember

Yea, there's far too much CC. The resolve apologists like to make excuses for it, but when CC is as prolific as it is in this game, it has no tactical aspect to it, which is what CC should be...tactical. Not something you just spam when its off cooldown, which is what people do when there's so much of it available.

Then you either are empire and play Huttball, to where CC is less tactical, or just play with dimwitted children.

Never seen someone CC someone else to allow a turret capture? I will have pity on you...

Then you either are empire and play Huttball, to where CC is less tactical, or just play with dimwitted children.

Never seen someone CC someone else to allow a turret capture? I will have pity on you...

....lol

I suppose on the rare occasion where a 1v1 happens at a turret, your fairy tale has some merit.

Edited by Vember

The force push knockbacks are probably the most overpowered. Losing? Knock the person 50 feet off a ramp. At least with the AOE knockbacks there's a chance of failure and they don't punt you halfway across the world.

this exactly....

or commandos who stun u then run away healing themselves...

I'm trying to figure out where this magical mmo is that has less CC. I know it can't be WoW- I mean, rogues alone could chain together a mez, stun, another mez, another stun, another mez and still have a slow off auto attack, and multiple easy escape mechanisms.

If anything is an issue it's that there should either be more CC break abilities, or they should halve the CC break's CD. Roots should also give some resolve and not work through resolve- nothing like getting out of an operative stunlock with white resolve, only for some marauder to jump in and root me while they dish out their huge dps.

CC needs to break on damage, period. All of it. You can put points in talent trees to make some forms of CC more durable, etc, but these 6-8 second stuns are moronic., Getting rooted for 6 seconds while a ranged plows through your health bar as a melee, also moronic.

maybe this is the future of games. maybe you should try and get used to it. maybe you should get used to things changing in your life

Ya this probably is the future of games, I mean look how well Warhammer worked out... oh ya. This might also be the future since look how many new subscribers they have gained... oh wait.

CC needs to break on damage, period. All of it. You can put points in talent trees to make some forms of CC more durable, etc, but these 6-8 second stuns are moronic., Getting rooted for 6 seconds while a ranged plows through your health bar as a melee, also moronic.

You know, ops and marauders rely on stuns and roots more than anyone else. I think if you got your way you'd be surprised at how little you'd manage to do without snares and roots to keep your target in melee range.

You know, ops and marauders rely on stuns and roots more than anyone else. I think if you got your way you'd be surprised at how little you'd manage to do without snares and roots to keep your target in melee range.

I wouldn't know, as a melee I'm pretty much the first target of every cc ability out the gate :)

Btw, I figured I'd join the pain train and roll a sorc like every one else. I can't speak for level 50 pvp as a sorc, but below that, its beyond easymode, especially coming from a shadow, jugg and marauder.

Edited by Vember

I suggest to add a 3 - 5 seconds CC immunity to the escape ability every class has.

I think it is so tedious because it often happens that you get chain CCed.

Another Idea would be to reduce the cool down of said escape ability considerably. I mean I can stun every 30 seconds, not to mention secondary stuns like interruptible (flash bang, whirlwind) stuns, but I'm only able to escape every 2 minutes.

That boils down to: I can stun in every fight I'm in, I can't escape in every fight I'm in.

And I'm not happy with the resolve system either. Being on the squishy side of the spectrum I'm usually already doomed when that bar is full... not to mention even if it is full I still get CCed somehow...

The push backs are difficult... I accept that some classes may need an ability to make themselves some room. I think it is just Huttball which ruins that because they are damn effective on the ledges.

Also many people play Sage/Sorc and Assa/Shadow which share their push back.

Maybe relocating either Force Speed or Push Back to the advanced class skills as it is with Sniper (push back) and Ops (+50% speed during Advanced Cloaking) could reduce the amount of push backs?

marauders don't rely on stuns they rely on slows...the only stun the marauder have is the force choke thing and its still kinda bad because its a channeled stun.

stunning in this game is ridiculous though...imo though every class should have 1 stun that should be used tactfully....and the only class that should have a knock back is a sniper/ and a commando...and the only class that should have a root is a sniper (highly immobile)

yet instead we get a game that some classes have 1 cc ability and others have more than 4 cc abilities

as someone mentioned before ccs should be used tactfully instead of something that you can just spam away

PS: whats the use of having a broke down resolve system is you will just die through it?

it should be once the white bar is full it breaks all the current cc on you and gives you the immunity so it would be actually useful....do bw lack logic?

Edited by jonnyshadow

I've noticed something about Warzones. Since Sage/Sorc is the new black, it's a pretty good chance you'll win if you have 5 of them on your team in Huttball. Thus, your opposing team gets chain-CC'ed, snared and knocked off at every turn and completely ****-blocked from scoring. A snare that they can spam? Unthinkable. A knock-back + snare? Very, very poor design. CC's are fine, but snares are not. Snares either need their own resolve bar that's separate, or they need to add it to resolve. The way it stands now is absurd.