I can't take this datacron crap.

Wubbit

I really can't stand it. I'm terrible at jumping, and I NEVER EVER can tell if I'm going to jump this way or that way, I'm so sick of it! The jumping in this game is so screwey I can't stand it!!! Edited by Aurrelio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I really can't stand it. I'm terrible at jumping, and I NEVER EVER can tell if I'm going to jump this way or that way, I'm so sick of it! The jumping in this game is so screwey I can't stand it!!!

I really enjoy it, especially as I do not use 3rd party sites to find them, so when I do find them and figure out how to get them its a nice little sense of achievement. Don't know what to tell you about your jumping, maybe practice it more?

I really can't stand it. I'm terrible at jumping, and I NEVER EVER can tell if I'm going to jump this way or that way, I'm so sick of it! The jumping in this game is so screwey I can't stand it!!!

It's optional. You don't ever have to do them.

It feels good to vent frustrations mate, but dont stress too much about these things.

Somethings take time to master. My first go at some of the DCs took for ever, now leveling more chars it is getting much quicker... stick with it but if you fail a few times and get frustrated then leave it and come back another time.

I'll give you one hint that may help you ... Jedi Sage + Rescue

May help with some of those difficult ones.... :)

Personally I love the challenge and would encourage more of this sort of thing in the game design.

Cheers and good luck!

Then don't do them. HERP!

I did them all, even ones that don't help my character any way whatsoever--simply because I enjoyed the challenge. It wasn't that hard either. I got them all in 7-8 hours total.

then don't do them. Herp!

I did them all, even ones that don't help my character any way whatsoever--simply because i enjoyed the challenge. It wasn't that hard either. I got them all in 7-8 hours total.

100% bs.

100% bs.

You can easily get all the crons if you use crib notes and search the interwebs on where they are and I don't think 8 hours is impossible if you have explored the planets before that, are high-level enough to plow through any mobs and have a 110% speeder.

There is nothing impossible about getting them, and the vast majority can be gotten at the first try by anyone who knows how to move their character. Anyone coming from a first-person shooter background for instance will find it simple to do almost all jumps.

However, a tip would be to turn off sprint in most cases, many of the jumps from pipe to pipe seem to be measured for non-sprint jumping.

Sure, you can fail and have to try over, and I think that's fine, they're an optional puzzle/skill feature that nobody has to do.

But I can honestly say that if people can't get the jumping to work right and consistently, they're using a bad control scheme (I don't know, keyboard only or some such?) or are simply inept at moving their character. Jumping in SWTOR is perfectly consistent from jump to jump - sometimes you can bounce off an angle and find yourself flying sideways instead of just forward etc but in no way is the jumping haphazard or random.

It just takes skill and practice.

For me the secret is angle's, never jump straight approach each jump at an angle. The worst part about datacrons for me is getting to the starting point, but was alot of fun the first time