Has there ever been a time in any MMO when people didn't defend their own class?

Aidank

So I think the nerf sniper thread has pretty much proven that players won't simply call for a nerf on any class that they don't play... unless 90% of the people on this forum are snipers that is.

Not a class they don't play, a class that outplayed them.

However, it did prove that people don't read anything beyond the first post. Heh.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a class they don't play, a class that outplayed them.

However, it did prove that people don't read anything beyond the first post. Heh.

I've been outplayed by snipers before, I assume most people have, I've never called for a nerf though. I just accept that they're probably better than I am.

Edited by Aidank

So I think the nerf sniper thread has pretty much proven that players won't simply call for a nerf on any class that they don't play... unless 90% of the people on this forum are snipers that is.

Did you read my post? There was a tread calling for them to be nerfed people cried, and snipers said they are underpowered. It will yield the same results if reposted.

I've been outplayed by snipers before, I assume most people have, I've never called for a nerf though.

Depends on the person. We can't generalize that al would or that none would. People are too varied.

But yes, it did prove that it's not particularly controversial, unlike commandos/mercs and sorc/sages.

Did you read my post? There was a tread calling for them to be nerfed people cried, and snipers said they are underpowered. It will yield the same results if reposted.

I think that would coincide with my original point... That everyone defends their own class.

But, it disproves your other point, that people will call nerf on any class they've been outplayed by.

I think that would coincide with my original point... That everyone defends their own class.

But, it disproves your other point, that people will call nerf on any class they've been outplayed by.

There aren't as many snipers as there are of certain ACs that have been the target of consistent forum complaints.

There aren't as many snipers as there are of certain ACs that have been the target of consistent forum complaints.

True, but I couldn't find a post saying they were overpowered in 5 pages of searching. I knew I saw one at one time, but apparently it was longer than I thought.

Lots saying they're underpowered, even.

Well when everyone was calling operatives overpowered they were the least played AC on my server. I don't think how often the class is played has that much to do with it.

Is this bizarro world or is there a serious lack of reading comprehension.... Stating something then using an example to prove it doesnt disprove the initial statement.

Is this bizarro world or is there a serious lack of reading comprehension.... Stating something then using an example to prove it doesnt disprove the initial statement.

You said people will cry about any class because they're bad. I posted a QQ thread about snipers, and nobody cried about how overpowered snipers are.

You lose, good day sir.

People allways cry for nerfs for classes that outplay them ie

-madness sorcs

-hybrid sorcs (kind of justified)

-mercenary BH (heals and dps)

-operatives

-snipers

-watchman sentinels

-power techs

-juggernaut

Apparently every class is OP... No just people get owned make the "x class is OP NERF them NOW!!". Instead of blaming their own ineptitude for geting owned they point the finger this has been going on since mmo's hit the market.

People allways cry for nerfs for classes that outplay them ie

-madness sorcs

-hybrid sorcs (kind of justified)

-mercenary BH (heals and dps)

-operatives

-snipers

-watchman sentinels

-power techs

-juggernaut

Apparently every class is OP... No just people get owned make the "x class is OP NERF them NOW!!". Instead of blaming their own ineptitude for geting owned they point the finger this has been going on since mmo's hit the market.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I JUST posted a thread calling snipers overpowered, and not a single person came in and agreed that snipers are overpowered. So... no, you're wrong.

Lol sorry your QQ thread didn't blow up at 2pm on a Saturday lol fail much?

Okay, any time you'd like, make a snipers are overpowered thread, and if you can get over half the posts to agree with you, I'll eat my shoe.

I will record a video of me eating my shoe, and post it on youtube.

Okay, any time you'd like, make a snipers are overpowered thread, and if you can get over half the posts to agree with you, I'll eat my shoe.

I will record a video of me eating my shoe, and post it on youtube.

Is this where you both start yelling "Neener! Neener! Neener!"?

I defend my classes because 99% of the complaints are incorrect- things like stuns that go through resolve, all my abilities being 'elemental' when they're clearly 'energy', force lightning having a stun- etc...

I've never seen such ignorant nerf calls as I have on these forums- the nice thing is those threads discredit themselves instantly because BW knows full well what abilities do.

Most people also assume 'most played' or 'big numbers' means OP.

Edited by fungihoujo

Has there been any game where people didnt cry for nerfs on all other classes but their own?

Instead of making another pointless thread you might not have realized that by making such accusations you are actually defending your own class by blaming others for your skill - less play

I mean, I've been playing mmos for a long time, and I every time there's been an overpowered class, 90% of the people who play the class defend it tooth and nail, regardless of how obvious it is to everyone else (Including the 10% of the people playing the class willing to admit they're overpowered)

I'm not going to lie and pretend I wasn't the same, I started playing wow in 3.0 on a ret paladin... and I just assumed I was amazing at this game I had started playing less than a month ago, and everyone who disagreed with me was just bad.

Do you think that maybe if everyone else is saying your class is overpowered, including people that play your class it might be overpowered?

the problem is that EVERY SINGLE CLASS is getting OP QQers...the classes are so much more balanced than people realize

Has there been any game where people didnt cry for nerfs on all other classes but their own?

Instead of making another pointless thread you might not have realized that by making such accusations you are actually defending your own class by blaming others for your skill - less play

Is that what I'm doing now?

and I'm pretty sure I just proved that people aren't calling for nerfs on all classes but their own.

Edited by Aidank

Here's the difference, when you call sorcerers overpowered, people who play sorcerers mob the thread and tell you that you need to l2p.

If you call snipers overpowered, people who have never played snipers mob the thread and tell you that you need to l2p.

Let me just add to this thread that Aidank, the thread started, has made over 5 nerf this nerf that class threads, and several ''Marauders arent OP'' threads.

He is a sad sad troll and people like him with his 1k posts make bioware nerf classes and unbalance the entire game.

People like Aidank should be perma banned from any sort of SWTOR related forum. If you have time to post 990 messages, you dont have time to fully skillcap your class.

Ultimately picking one of the most ill-equipped pvp classes runs contrary I think to the overall spirit of the "I can just pick a class and folks will groan" concept.

If you really wanted to get an interesting experiment together take about 4 different people (to be less obvious) and pick a mix of classes to make "OP" threads about and watch the fur fly.

I think the sniper is the exception to the rule-- Start threads on any four classes and at least three will fulfill the original (someone will agree to it in short order) argument which falls to how quick people can be to jump on that "someone is overpowered" bandwagon.

I have seen over the past few weeks a fairly substantive number of complaints regarding facets of about six of the eight advanced classes (or 12 of 16 if you wish) with enough people in agreement that catching the wrong thread at the wrong time would give credence to the X class is overpowered debate.

This is a long winded way of saying that a lot of people call many different classes Overpowered. Perhaps each has situational advantages that can make them appear "OP" at times along weaknesses that those playing the class are cognizant of-- thus justifying the defense of each class. This is not class specific as it holds true to just about any of them.

Let me just add to this thread that Aidank, the thread started, has made over 5 nerf this nerf that class threads, and several ''Marauders arent OP'' threads.

He is a sad sad troll and people like him with his 1k posts make bioware nerf classes and unbalance the entire game.

People like Aidank should be perma banned from any sort of SWTOR related forum. If you have time to post 990 messages, you dont have time to fully skillcap your class.

The ONLY class I think should be nerfed are sorcerers, and I used to think that scoundrels should be nerfed.

Guess which classes I play? A sorcerer, a scoundrel, and a sentinel. I've played the sorcerer more than the other two combined.

But either way, It looks like I've got a fan.