I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even worse, those that did get in are now faced with server wait times in que that are worse than any other major MMORPG launch.

They're similar to the wait times for both Rift and Aion when they actually launched, not even early access.

Still, the staggered access was supposed to tackle this problem, so in that respect I really don't see the point of it.

Edited by shootist

Its not being overly cautious...there are just THAT many preorders. If you are whining now then I guarentee that you would be whining if they let everyone in at the same time and you were sitting in a server que for 5 hours. Then when you got in youd be whining that you couldnt move because so many people are on the starting planet then the next planet.

This is a good thing whether you think so or not. Server ques are already around a half hour on my server and many others and not everyone is in yet. Theres probably 100 servers.

The fact that you paid 60 bucks like everyone else is both wrong and moot. I paid almost 200. I also did so the first day. The fact that you are not in yet tells me you didnt preorder until like december. Its also moot because the game doesnt officially launch until the 20th. Early access is a bonus and does not cost any extra.

I dont understand people that complain because they want a smooth launch and are trying to keep people from having 5 hour waits in server ques. Yes there actually were like 5 hour waits for people in beta... only to have a server maintenance and those same people have to wait 5 hours again.

They're similar to the wait times for both Rift and Aion when they actually launched, not even early access.

Still, the staggered access was supposed to tackle this problem, so in that respect I really don't see the point of it.

Not true at all. Not even close to the wait times for even Wow. Not close to Rift either.

Thats an exxageration. There was always going to be ques in this game no matter what they did. The que times here are nowhere near what Aion and Rift had at launch. I think the devs are doing an awesom job keeping it limited.

If they open up too many servers then they are just bound to have to merge servers at a later point... which is bad for a game. There will always be people that play no more then a couple months and flop to the next game or back to WoW. If they do too many servers then some of those servers will end up dead.

Ques rarely last more then a few weeks when populations stabalize and alot of people no longer play 24/7 from the initial excitement and work vacations wearing out.

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

I spent 80$ and pre-ordered early. After getting in on Tuesday, all I can ask you is how are the sour grapes tasting?

It's not "some stupid lottery" it is what is commonly known as a queue. Now in this groundbreaking system, people who enter the queue first receive access to the product first.

Bioware has high hopes for this new system, they think it could roll out throughout society. I know i'm sick of banks trying to serve every customer simultaneously, or McDonalds trying to give everyone their Big Mac at the same time because darn it they paid the same amount of money. It could revolutionise the world.

First come-first served is in no way a lottery, it is a fair and equitable way to get through a group of people.

Please go ahead and cancel your preorder for SW:ToR, the community can certainly do without people like you.

Not true at all. Not even close to the wait times for even Wow. Not close to Rift either.

What are you responding to me for? Respond to the guy I quoted who claims that TOR's queues are the worst of any major mmo launch.

Personally I think the TOR queues are very similar to Rifts, but Trion did a decent job of bolting on servers to cope with the demand. Ok, so that may create a problem of server mergers when the population declines, but what's the alternative?

So you feel if you go to a McDonalds and get in line behind 4 other people that you should be able to cut them or even have them take your order at the same time as the first person in line? Give me a break. The people that got in first were the first ones to pre order before you. Even though I didn't get in the first day I understood this. Perhaps you should too before you start crying about this. PS NO IT WAS NOT A LOTTERY. PEOPLE WERE GIVEN ACCESS ACCORDING TO WHEN THEY PRE ORDERED.

wow you really do have a ridiculous view on things dont you.... just because you did not preorder and /stand in line like they recommended. so now you come and cry to everyone because you ****ed up. obviously you have never played at launch for other mmos. this has been the absolute best launch i have seen in the past 10 years. amazing job bioware!

Apparently someone is very entitled... You pre ordered months ago, right?

haha, im sure you would be complaining about a staggered launch if you got in on the first day of early access as well wouldn't you (of course not)

I got in however I'm going to log out and not play just to spite you.

good job bioware for letting me in early, i'll be sure to preorder all your future products at least twice.

I won't bother repeating what everyone else has said so I'll simply say, op you're a simpleton. Anyone that agreed with the op is also a simpleton.

;)

I think the difference here is just does one use Logic, is one capable of using logic, vs. Not.

I'm a bit disappointed by how they handled this. It feels very unfair to be sitting here waiting while other people are playing -- and this is magnified when I watch videos of people playing on empty servers. There's a two hour video of a girl playing who literally saw maybe five people the entire time.

Most of the servers are full. At peak playing time some of them got 3+ hours ques.

See that's the thing. No such charge was stated when I pre ordered Bettlefield 3 so it begs the question IS it a deposit. Only way to know is release day and if the charge dissapears from orders there after.

It has been stated by official sources several times that the origin pre-order do not cost anything extra. You pay a $5 deposit but pay $5 less when getting the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.