I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm complaining because what was said was not made clear on the places where it mattered the most, which would be the pre-order pages for the game.

If the pre-order page would have said something like "* Early access invites will be tiered and doled out based solely on when you pre-ordered, so pre-ordering now is sorta pointless", I would have jack to complain about, but it wasn't. It was "PRE-ORDER FOR EARLY ACCESS".."OK, TAKE MY MONEY(says I)".."THANKS FOR THE MONEY, HEY FYI, YOUR ACCESS WILL BE AT OUR DISCRETION."

You said you ordered yours from origin correct? Well when you go to the order page there is a little ? beside Early Game Access that states:

Early Game Access

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011, seven days prior to the official launch. Starting December 13, 2011, invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox tied to your Star Wars: The Old Republic™ account!

To see if you are eligible to log in to the game for Early Game Access, log in to swtor.com and visit My Account > > Pre-Order.

Take note to the "rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code"

Don't get pissy at BW because you didn't research and actually read the info.

I don't understand why people are getting so cross. Why shouldn't those who commited to the game earlier than others get early access.

I didn't pre-order until the 12 dec because I didn't read properly, and I wouldn't have pre-order before mid novembe at the earliest bcause I wasn't sure if I was going to play... all down to me and now I'm pretty gutted, but thanks to all the nerd rage I've managed to chill... so thanks all : )

Now I've had an email from origin to tell me they have cancelled my order...not sure whats that is about but hey ho, maybe I will.. maybe I wn't get access today

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

The game doesn't launch until the 20th. No one is paying for access until the 20th.

Nothing about the early access program has been hidden since the day the announced it. So what's the "fail"?

Im going to have to agree with everyone else here. They said from the very start that the sooner you pre-ordered the sooner you would get EGA. I didnt get in until the second day.

That said, it was still sooner than they said EGA would start thanks to two extra days they added.

I was a little, say, mildly annoyed at how on day one they didnt get through July, and rumors running rampant about how the servers were empty for BW to end it so early in the day, but such is life. In the end, most pre-orders got in by the 15th.

The fact remains, the OP is clearly looking to blame someone else for his short comings on pre-ordering sooner. Thats no one elses fault but your own. Its time to pull up your big boy pants and take some responsibility for your own actions.

dont listen to the peeps disregarding this m8 , i feel you on this ...

even if i am in sins yesterday , lucky me , i'm a late november orderer ..

i hate to see always the ones who opose the loudest to these kind of treads are the ones who accualy preordered a long time ago .. at least anyway 80 % of those trolls still comming here .... well gk to you sirs and mams , but it is and still is misleading advertising yes the info could be found if yo udig deep enough in stickies or in faqs ... but the fact remains on several front they remained rather VAGUE upon this topic ....

now i am in so i shouldnt complain and i am not ..../ the only thing i even complained about is not getting in on day 1 ... i onlt have 1 problem with this aprouch ... i cant play with my friends ... and i have always been able to do that on a mmo launch ..

i didnt care about lag or server going boom for a hour and then relogging again .. or all other problems expected when thousands people log ... i even think its part of the mmorpg experience ... juist having a blast anyway on vent or whatever together with familky and friends ... and now becosue they making servers al the way to full and then opening new servers ... my friends who join later even are probaly gonna have to join a super full server with a qeueu ... i like the idea of be able to select al low population server if i want too .. now even that isnt possible ...

well i'm done on forums , cya all

In no way did BW mislead anyone. I just posted where they stated the sooner you put in your code the sooner you get in. So please tell me how it is misleading to customers when the information is there. Edited by kittiara

**THE END OF THINGS**

All advertisements, from any site ive seen, poster i read, commercial i saw linked you to all available info at http://www.swtor.com ....

Early Game Access has been out in full disclosure since July of this year ON MAIN PAGE OF SITE LINK BIG PICTURE... leads you to all the early game access including details that put in a staggered invite system based off of code entry dates...

If you dont know what your paying for, its your own fault... IN ALL CASES! Even if outright lied too by a loved one to gain your trust...

**THE END**

BTW:

People that preordered as soon as preorders were available, helps company market projections and overall the success of the company however minor and should be treated like such .. and they are... aka 1st in line... wish i coulda but i was busy buying up batman, codMW3, bf3 and skyrim this fall... preorder would have been sooner if not for those great pieces of art!

STUPID!

people complain about advantage when they also pre-order ???

give me a freacking break.... ONLY people who can say this are the ones who bought hard copies, and will only play on the 20th, the rest can stay quiet,

and no I order dec 8th and did not get in yet

and also, no one knows what if they open more server later then if you think you are left behind, you would start fresh with everyone on new server

Edited by Alecation

1) Public-Access is on the 20th December. If you get to play before then it is indeed "Early Access", regardless of whether it is a day or a week.

2) BioWare up front said the earlier you registered your code the sooner you would get into game. Clearly you thought everyone who had been buying it for the last three months prior to you buying it had decided not to enter their code. You were wrong.

3) YOU would prefer a rough game launch because you would sooner put yourself over the millions of people who have come before you. Though it might not be my place I will at this point speak on behalf of those millions and say "They would sooner choose a steady game launch if it is at your expense".

Smacks of elitism which I already see is destroying this fine community of players- its a us vs them kind of thing and I can see this game failing due to the way ea/bio run things!

Well I thought about pre-ordering the game back in August, but did not know about the early access or the anything like that, or I might have ordered sooner. That said, I waited all week after ordering last week on Dec. 5th just to get my code on the last wave Thursday, just to get my email. Yes, it sucked a hell, but it was my own fault. Not Biowares, not EA. Not anyone’s, but my own. In fact, it really sucked. I think the way they did the waves on Thursday was way past what they needed to do, however why they just didn’t finish off the last of the peeps I have no clue, I don’t work there, however they did get in way more people then they probably should have, because everyone was whining and crying about this or that, because that is what people do unfortunately.

If let’s say everyone got access all on the same day, everyone would be calling or writing in the forums saying they were cancelling their orders because of the huge queues in game and so forth. I just wish people could stop QQ all the damn time. I mean really come on you are going to get what they promised, “Early Access”. I mean really, if not you can just shut it and wait until Tuesday, then whine you did not get early access.

I can vaguely understand why hes upset. He didn't read all the fine print and thus is pissed off. But that's all where my sympathy goes, it is his fault but still I can vaguely understand why.

I pre-ordered after the 25-28 Nov Beta. I got my Boxed copy on Wednesday and I got my e-mail last night. But because I was with my Fiance I couldn't play it, so now I've got to come to work and knowing that I've got my key. Urgh. Plus I don't actually have any work because my Manager is sick and my other manager is too busy with the business, oh well those Invoices will wait I guess.

Anyway I pre-ordered knowing that I wouldn't get in the same time as everyone, even thinking I wouldn't get in at all to the EA because I'd pre-ordered so late (I entered my code on the 7/12/2011 or 12/07/2011 to the yanks). The magic words in the pre-order info was 'COULD' get in 'UP TO'. Now even if you don't read the small print that is pretty clear but...

Now when Bioware & EA announced that there would be 2 extra days of EA, Damn I was happy I thought I'll actually beable to play it the weekend before. Now think about it Your no doubt going to be getting in today (If you pre-ordered before the 14th of December) so thats a good 4 days - 2 of which are the weekend - to play before people who don't pre-order. If you were part of any of the last two Betas no doubt you will have struggled to do the starting quests because of the amount of people there. I rolled a IA and literally there must have been 60-100 people killing Nemro's minions outside. It was chaos. Now you won't have that problem because

You don't want to pre-order another Bioware game? fine. I on the other hand look forward to playing this, then Mass Effect 3 and then when it comes out Generals 2 - if its even half as bad as C&C4 they've failed, but I saw a base so I'm happy atm - and will pre-order every one.

Edited by CptBrit

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

get out...

Edited by Beedlejuice

Bioware stated months ago that early access would be based on when you redeemed you pre-order code - this thread is a mute-point and none of the OP points carry any weight or realistic arguments - there is 'freedom of speech' to air your views but the points raised are totally unjustified and more-over, the OP is more of a troll than those responding in the thread..

Mt last comment here, let this thread die for crying out loud..

This whole idea that "I cant play with my friends" crap is just that. Its pretty fair that in most situations, you wouldnt have seen your friends in the starter zone anyway.

I know I know.... "Oh Noes, they are a higher level than me, I'll never catch them". Im sure at some point, leveling will slow down. Not having played much during the beta, I dont know exactly when, but its fair to say that Im sure you will, sooner or later, catch up to your friends. Even if it means you do it at lvl 50.

Oh no, I cant be first to do anything. blah blah blah. Its a game, not a race to see who can get to the end and hang out in whatever major city hub they choice. Im sure most, if not all of us have rolled an alt in another game and didnt play with our friends.

This thread is like reading an argument out of a book set in the 7th grade. Grow the **** up people. YOU didn't read that it said early access would be staggered, YOU preordered late. It's YOUR fault, NOT bioware's. And for those of you who say that everyone who's in is just bias. No, I didn't get to play the first day, and you know what I did? I said "damn, that's what I get for waiting a few weeks to preorder, hopefully I'll get in tomorrow." What makes you feel so ENTITLED? How many games aside from mmos allow you to play early just because you've preordered? Stop acting like just because you put money down on the game knowing FULL well it's launch date was the 20th, you're somehow entitled to something that Bioware doesn't need to do at all. You still get to play early, just not as early as the people who preordered before you, which is ENTIRELY fair considering Bioware has said this FROM THE GET GO.

LOL, the info on preorderdate according to early access has been there since preorders were first being sold. If you haven't paid attention that's your problem. The way Bioware is staggering access and spreading it over days is genial, perfect way to avoid server crash/unhealty area populations ingame.

Edited by Jadamasa