Taunts in pvp question

berserknick

• 1 month later...
Ive never noticed really, I always figured it overwrites. So if another tank taunts and starts getting focused, I go in and taunt. But Ive never tried to test it(guess you would need someone on the other team, or get a few people to open world it).

other things stack, like bleeds. I've posed the question whether accuracy debuffs stack, but haven't gotten a straight answer.

I also wonder what secondary debuffs from incapacitating abilities do on bosses that resist the abilities? Just because they resist the movement debuff should it also affect the stat debuff?

Wait so taunts are directional? As in if I taunt player x they do 30% less damage to me only? That doesn't make sense...

Read your skills tooltip man hahahaha,

You taunt the target to attack you for 6 seconds, the targets damage is reduced if he does not attack you.

this is not basic dmg reduction skill and it does not work to mitigate dmg being done to yourself, it only mitigates dmg done to ppl in your party, if I taunt a target while he is attacking me I have just wasted my taunt. That mechanic alone pretty much sums up how the skill works as it would require an INSANE amount of coding to allow taunts dmg reduction to stack... how would the game know which taunt to remove when you attack 1 of the 2 ppl that taunted you??

Read your skills tooltip man hahahaha,

You taunt the target to attack you for 6 seconds, the targets damage is reduced if he does not attack you.

this is not basic dmg reduction skill and it does not work to mitigate dmg being done to yourself, it only mitigates dmg done to ppl in your party, if I taunt a target while he is attacking me I have just wasted my taunt. That mechanic alone pretty much sums up how the skill works as it would require an INSANE amount of coding to allow taunts dmg reduction to stack... how would the game know which taunt to remove when you attack 1 of the 2 ppl that taunted you??

Yeah I was just confused about exphryl's comment about the 'benefit' of taunt to you. In reality when you taunt someone, it really benefits everyone but you.

Here is another question then:

I'm guessing healing doesn't mechanically mean negative damage? Should taunt work to reduce the healing of a healer? Are there debuffs out there to reduce the ability of healers? Maybe this could be a good utility for some DPSers that are undervalued (*cough* Ops/scoundrel)

Also, do guard and taunt stack?

they can't stack. Neither are square so they would tip over ;p.

On a serious note, Guard is on a friendly, and taunt goes on the opposing team so if you taunt a player attacking a guarded player his damage is reduced by 30 percent plus the amount of reduction given by the guard.