1.1.5 - death of rarity and achievements?!

Sky_walkerPL

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone saying that everyone should be equal and there shouldn't be gear gaps or achievements should occupy wall street and quit the game. Mmos are about achieving things that seem unobtainable sometimes and take teamwork, this is what makes them fun. Making things that are supposed to be rare and hard to get accessible to everyone is a joke and seriously has me considering unsubbing.

IMO they should have waited til the newer and better stuff was coming out before (or at the same time) as turning stuff to grind for into handouts. Then I could see both sides being happy. The hardcores would still have newer and special stuff to grind and show off their achievements with (since current achievements should be what matters most to them) and people that just want the pretty shines at worst have to wait a little longer for them, as well as have the opportunity to somewhat gear up enough to decide to become more hardcore and participate in current end-game content without an endless grind to get to that point.

IMO they should have waited til the newer and better stuff was coming out before (or at the same time) as turning stuff to grind for into handouts. Then I could see both sides being happy. The hardcores would still have newer and special stuff to grind and show off their achievements with (since current achievements should be what matters most to them) and people that just want the pretty shines at worst have to wait a little longer for them, as well as have the opportunity to somewhat gear up enough to decide to become more hardcore and participate in current end-game content without an endless grind to get to that point.

Good point. Maybe they will? Unless I missed something (totally possible with the way I've been back and forth this afternoon) this is ONLY on test right now?

Anyone saying that everyone should be equal and there shouldn't be gear gaps or achievements should occupy wall street and quit the game. Mmos are about achieving things that seem unobtainable sometimes and take teamwork, this is what makes them fun. Making things that are supposed to be rare and hard to get accessible to everyone is a joke and seriously has me considering unsubbing.

You don't get to decide what an MMO is about.

Casuals are the plague of modern mmos.They want everything and they want it the most easy way possible as they dont have time to farm, they dont have time to raid, they dont have time to think on how to achieve something, etc etc....I cant care less about SWTOR anymore as i canceled my sub anyway, but its sad to see where SWTOR is directed.I guess we will see each other again in 1-2years when it goes F2P like every other mmo.

LOL anyone that wants a magenta crystal has one already, they are already purchasable by a vendor (GTN). All they are doing is taking away a gold mine from the people that farm these crystals and sell them.

Don't worry, Bioware will fix it.

The next patch they'll figure it makes sense to have ALL drops be RNG, so any random level 50 mob could drop Rakata, Columni or 50 PvP BM gear, just no guarantee it'll be something you can use. It'll probly still be bound to you though.

Then when people start throwing fits about that, every mob in the game will drop tokens and comms instead of loot, makes sense.

Edited by Sarak

I agree with the OP, it's disturbing to see the devs pandering to the entitled folks already.

What the hell is wrong with the MMO community these days? I really wish I had a time machine for the sole reason of going back 10 years when I could play in the MMO genre's golden age where it wasn't 'cool' to be playing one and things were actually hard to do and altruism was abundant in players. An era long gone.

I'd also pick the winning lottery numbers for that week.

Edited by Matteis

I think it's pretty obvious that these things were put here to be used as money sinks. They're trying to drain some of the credits from the servers to pave the way for a legitimate economy in 1.2. Starting the economy over (a bit) if you will...

Yep, that's the way I see it.

FYI, based on the videos of the test server I saw - hardmode OPS stuff like black/blue crystals and the dessler turbo speeder (or any dessler speeder) are not available from the new vendors.

Heres the problem

Bio is CATERING TO THE CASUAL CROWD SO MUCH THAT NOTHING ANYONE DOES IS SPECIAL OR UNIQUE.

Its all welfare/conveyer belt junk spoon fed to players to keep the casuals happy.

You're starting to sound ridiculous. Last time I checked, buying stuff with money is the exact opposite of welfare.

I think it's pretty obvious that these things were put here to be used as money sinks. They're trying to drain some of the credits from the servers to pave the way for a legitimate economy in 1.2. Starting the economy over (a bit) if you will...

Yup, but as you see some people here are braindead :D

colors crystals =! gear sets, i wonder how many of you would complete any raid or HM FP without any gear and only having shiny lightsaber? If someone could do that then i agree, color crystals are too powerful to be obtained via huge amount of credits :)

But as for now, bioware did good move, we have 14 customizable slots on our chars and only one of that is about this patch that makes customization more wider. And now we see all the crying, really....

Edited by Divona

No you don't.

1.1.5 adds vendor with pvp stat items too. As well as pvp speeder (I'm not 100% sure of that though cause the amout of these huge white speeders make if confusing to find which is achieved in which way when difference is very slight in color accents.)

Oh my god. What the heck?? So you can just buy them with normal credits? Edited by PalawaJoko

If money takes no effort, why doesn't my character have a trillion credits? :rolleyes:

Hyperbole only makes you look desperate in conversations. One trillion credits would take a decade to accumulate.

However, In the last three months since launch I've paid for all my riding skills, fully trained my toon, bought tons of upgrades off the GTN, bought my 1.5m credit mount, and still have 5 million in my bags from doing just regular dailies in pursuit of GEAR. Not the money rewards, gear.

NONE of that money was farmed or specifically aimed for.

Therefore, currency requires almost no effort in this game to specifically achieve. It just flows to people.

I await your response with anticipation.