Color Crystals

Halsion

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add something, me and a guildie dropped the world boss on Alderaan today, and he did NOT drop the white colour crystal - He dropped the two other epics that he was listed to drop on the DB sites, but not the colour crystal. Whether or not this is a case of he has a chance to drop it, i do not know, but it is looking more and more likely that these 'rare' colours are coming from end game content, unless anyone has a confirmed schematic drop from somewhere.

Can we confirm that schematics for color crystals like Orange and Purple drop off bosses? Because I have been wanting an orange crystal for a while and every person I politely ask about in game refuses to tell me where theirs came from.

My understanding is that if you bribe the padawan couple at the ruins they give you an orange color crystal to keep their secret.

:/ I hope not. In the beta it was a yellow crystal. Besides that I wanted to play up giving them a chance at love and being helpful; only dark side thing I've done all game. So far.

:/ I hope not. In the beta it was a yellow crystal. Besides that I wanted to play up giving them a chance at love and being helpful; only dark side thing I've done all game. So far.

I got a drop from Mandalorian Raiders flashpoint, with orange crystal, last boss. But was Guardian Modded otherwise.

Because I have been wanting an orange crystal for a while and every person I politely ask about in game refuses to tell me where theirs came from.

I think I got mine from an orange (as in moddable) lightsaber quest reward on Coruscant. Might have been part of the Jedi Knight storyline. Would even tell you the name of the saber, but alas, queue.

So far I have found an orange +3 fort crystal in a lightsaber drop from the last boss in The Esseles and from a lockbox gotten from a treasure hunting mission. Both sabers were darkside only Orange quality moddable sabers but the orange color stone can be removed and the stone itself has no restrictions on it.

Has anyone found a source for purple stones on the Republic side?

Also, from torhead the SE Black Green Color Crystal entry has a comment with links mentioning that it is the crystal you get from the razer products. So I am not so sure that the entry for neon green that you have is correct. It may be one and the same with your entry for black with green glow.

If so, I could see these colors being the extent of the colors with the exception of the black core crystals as all these colors include all the primary and secondary additive and subtractive colors (yellow, magenta and cyan being the secondary additives) And of course the all colors and no colors of white and black. I am still trying to figure out how you will ever get a "glowing black" blade. That is almost like saying my favorite color is clear.

"Ahhhhhh! I cut my leg off!"

"How did you do that?"

"I accidentally left my black lightsaber on!"

Edited by VikingGamer

Many of the lightsaber color crystals have been identified through 'datamining', a process where the more techie people amongst us use all kind of tools to open the game files and see what is available. Seemingly they used this method to find out what items are in the game. I guess there's a good chance the 'black inside - coloured outside' crystal are reserved for special promotional rewards in the next few years, much like how yellow and green with black have been so far.

I got orange on my saber just bought a saber off ah and removed it, and are these other color crystals craftable at some point or as only a drop or in side of a dropped weapon?

I would guess if the crystal is green or blue quality you might have a chance at RE'ing it into a recipe.

Just guessing though.