Yet to hear if armstech is getting something for 1.2

DragoVaughn

Seriously heard a dev say every crafting set is getting buffs in 1.2 EXCEPT armstech. Where's our love, yet to hear anything about us.

If they werent going to buff all professions with 1.2 there would be an outcry.. I wouldnt worry. I dont think BW is stupid to not make all professions usable in 1.2.

If I were a betting man I'd say all crafting professions are getting love in 1.2 that need them.

Yes but even if we finally get barrels, we're still the most useless class cause we can only support half of the 4 classes with 1 item, at least synth and armor get more than 1 item they can make for their 2 classes.

To be fair, armstech supports 1 item every other level. (seem to remember there are weapon or barrel upgrades every other level?) IIRC The armor crafts support ~7 items over ~8 levels.

So it, theoreticaly, isn't quite so lopsided. Just roughly double. (that being said, raw numbers aren't that telling, as you probably don't need to upgrade weapon every other level)

Now cybertechs? They average 13 items every 2 levels for all classes.

Capacitor Overcharge Kit

Disables the multiple safeties in your weapon, more technical jargon for flavor here, and just a bit more because unnecessarily long text is required for good immersion.

Increases your Alacrity by 20% for 15 seconds. 2 minute cooldown. Shares a cooldown with all other optimizations. Requires Armstech 400

Optical Augmentation Kit

Activates your weapons enhanced target lock feature, more technical jargon for flavor here, and just a bit more because unnecessarily long text is required for good immersion.

Increases your Accuracy by 20% for 15 seconds. 2 minute cooldown. Shares a cooldown with all other optimizations. Requires Armstech 400.

The Neutronium Optimal Oscillating Bomb Tube.

Launches a self crafted bomb at the target, more technical jargon here yaddad yadda.

Fires a round that deals moderate damage in an area of effect. 5 minute cooldown. Shares a cooldown with all other optimizations. Requires Armstech 400.

It's fun to dream.

To be fair, armstech supports 1 item every other level. (seem to remember there are weapon or barrel upgrades every other level?) IIRC The armor crafts support ~7 items over ~8 levels.

So it, theoreticaly, isn't quite so lopsided. Just roughly double. (that being said, raw numbers aren't that telling, as you probably don't need to upgrade weapon every other level)

Now cybertechs? They average 13 items every 2 levels for all classes.

Your math is incorrect.

* Synthweaving: minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels.

* ArmorMech: minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels.

* Cybertech: Armoring every 2 levels, mods and earpieces every 4 = minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels

* Artifice: Hilts every 2 levels, enhancements every 4, crystals every 8, wieldables are all over = minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels.

* ArmsTech: barrels every 2 levels, weapons every 4 = minimum 1.5 items per spec every 2 levels

I'm actually a little surprised that ArmsTech is slightly underfavoured in this regard.

* Synthweaving: 3 armortypes, but 6 specs = 12 items per 2 levels

* ArmorMech: 2 armortypes, but 4 specs = 8 items per 2 levels

* Cybertech: every spec = ~8 armors, 8 earpieces, 8 mods = 16 items per 2 levels

* Artifice: 4 hilt specs, many enhancements, 2 crystal types, 3 wieldable types = ~12 items per 2 levels

* ArmsTech: 4 barrels specs, 5 main weapons + 5 offhand weapons = 9 items per 2 levels

Theoretically, both ArmorMech and ArmsTech are a little weak here, but only if you ignore that they can make complete pieces of gear. Of course, all of these crafts are pretty ordinary in the true endgame (daily comms rewards and better).

We'll have to wait and see how that balance changes in the endgame with the changes coming in patch 1.2 though.

Your math is incorrect.

Not entirely incorrect, just different. I was counting by slots. (which is what I'd argue really matters)

Every other level, armstech can sell something that fills 1 slot for half the classes. Either a barrel *or* an actual full item, but not both. So, 1 every 2 levels.

Once it gets going, synth/armor tech has an upgrade loop of a full set of 7 pieces every 8 levels, so 7 slots every 8 levels, for the force wearers, or half the classes. (yes, 1 of the levels only gets 1 new slot to fill)

I did miscount on armoring for cybertechs, for some reason I was armoring the weapon slot., so they get the 7 armorings every 2 levels, 8 mods (1 in weapon) every 4 levels, and earpiece every 4 levesl... for all classes, or averaged, 11.5 every 2 for all classes. (my initial number armoring the weapon was 12.5 which I had rounded)

Now granted, a lot of these are competing directly against each other to fill in a particular slot..

(and yes, I also didn't count the dualwielding classes for simplicity sake, probably cause all the classes I play use generators or focii in the offhand, so I think of artifice as the offhand slot guys, and I don't really know which classes can dualwield what. I *think* gunslingers and their imp counterpart snipers dual wield worthwhile gear? Not sure on snipers though. scoundrels/agents can, but they aren't RE'eable and I don't think I've ever seen orange ones, so not counting those.)

Edited by GnatB

Your math is incorrect.

* Synthweaving: minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels.

* ArmorMech: minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels.

* Cybertech: Armoring every 2 levels, mods and earpieces every 4 = minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels

* Artifice: Hilts every 2 levels, enhancements every 4, crystals every 8, wieldables are all over = minimum 2 items per spec every 2 levels.

* ArmsTech: barrels every 2 levels, weapons every 4 = minimum 1.5 items per spec every 2 levels

I'm actually a little surprised that ArmsTech is slightly underfavoured in this regard.

* Synthweaving: 3 armortypes, but 6 specs = 12 items per 2 levels

* ArmorMech: 2 armortypes, but 4 specs = 8 items per 2 levels

* Cybertech: every spec = ~8 armors, 8 earpieces, 8 mods = 16 items per 2 levels

* Artifice: 4 hilt specs, many enhancements, 2 crystal types, 3 wieldable types = ~12 items per 2 levels

* ArmsTech: 4 barrels specs, 5 main weapons + 5 offhand weapons = 9 items per 2 levels

Theoretically, both ArmorMech and ArmsTech are a little weak here, but only if you ignore that they can make complete pieces of gear. Of course, all of these crafts are pretty ordinary in the true endgame (daily comms rewards and better).

We'll have to wait and see how that balance changes in the endgame with the changes coming in patch 1.2 though.

As illuminating as this is, I'm talking endgame crafting, you know the stuff that actually helps out gearing your group for raids. Armstech is utter crap in that regard no matter how you look at it.

As illuminating as this is, I'm talking endgame crafting, you know the stuff that actually helps out gearing your group for raids. Armstech is utter crap in that regard no matter how you look at it.

Then lets have this conversation in 2 weeks when they release their 4 pages of crafting patch notes and things are on the test server?

Since they have paired Armstech with Salvaging, I think it would be best if they simply add a WoW-type enchant system to weapon which can be crafted by Armstech. There will be various types of enchants by level that everyone would need them to power up their weapons.