Singers are OP... a thread for musicians

Bamajawn

As a guitarist, I think singers are OP and should be nerfed. My reasons:

1. The auto-tune skill is OP and has a CD that's way too short, leading to auto-tune spamming.

2. Singers are prima donnas and the first to call for nerfs on everyone else so they can dominate the band.

3. Singers generally have one single, spammable skill... singing. I'm sick of hearing singing in every song.

4. Singer's crowd control ability is OP. With only a few bad notes, they can empty the bar.

5. As companions, singers suck. There's only so much I want to hear about THEM.

6. The other single ability that's OP is ranting. Singers rant way too much. Their lesser abilities, *****, cry, and complain are also annoying.

7. The ability of singers to carry themselves in a PvP match is pitiful. The rest of the band has to carry THEM.

9. In solo PvE, singers are pitifully weak. As a rule, their a capella ability sucks.

10. Singers are quitters. One bad gig and they blame everyone else for being a baddie and leave the band.

So true. Nerf singers!

Most of these points really only hold true in modern popular music. Frank Valli? Ella Fitzgerald? I enjoy instrumental pieces more often than vocal tracks, but all great musicians should at least make an effort to train their ear and vocal cords. You can't get any closer to the music than knowing how to hold the note in your throat.

Psh, singers. So E-Z mode. I use 88 keybinds in my rotation, ******es.

My possible rotation with the Tele mainhand weapon includes

22 frets * 6 strings = 122 notes

Even with the Keef Tele mainhand, I get

22 frets * 5 strings = 110 notes.

88 notes... meh.

Edited by Bamajawn

My possible rotation with the Tele mainhand weapon includes

22 frets * 6 strings = 122 notes

Even with the Keef Tele mainhand, I get

22 frets * 5 strings = 110 notes.

88 notes... meh.

Fail :p You duplicated notes!

A six string guitar with 24 frets tuned to E Standard has 49 notes not counting harmonics.

Fail :p You duplicated notes!

A six string guitar with 24 frets tuned to E Standard has 49 notes not counting harmonics.

You're assuming that an A played on the low E string is the same as open A on the fifth string. If that were true, each mainhand weapon would have only one string with 11 frets. L2P!

Hey Everyone,

We recently moved this thread to Community forums. This thread was moved because threads of this nature are a great opportunity to build a sense of community. These sort of "fun" type of discussions are usually moved to Community.

We thank you for your patience and understanding as we took time to review this thread.

Edited by Notannos
re-open

Hey Everyone,

We appreciate this humorous thread, however since it isn't a discussion on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ we will have to close this thread.

Keep on rocking and rolling.

Notannos contacted me and decided to move the thread to Community. I appreciate his/her moderation in this regard. The post originally appeared in the PvP forum.

You know there's a problem when pure specced easy mode singers are getting all the commendations on the Warzone charts and guitarists/bassists/drummers/pianists who actually had to learn how to play their classes have to settle with YouTube PvP video fame.

Personally, if you want to be respected as a singer, you have to at least splash into other talent trees, too.

Edited by MaverickXIV

Singers need less gear, and in smaller rooms need NO gear. Always ruining other peoples specs too by trying to "make it their own" changing a note here and there.

Their mobility is far better than a guitarist/bassist, drummers don't have ANY mobility.

Never saw the fuss about Jimmy Page, he was decent back when he was playing against low levels but now that other people have had time to catch up he is far outclassed. Should go back to Wow.

Could nerf Ronnie James Dio all you want, he'll still always be a god.