Sorcs are not OP

Lord_Masty

PvP class balance is fine. Sorcerers/sages are fine. They just need to make the duration of root after knockback 3 minutes, and shield should be renewed each time they get hit if they are below %5 health. And maybe smugglers/agents should be given a passive 'accidental footshot' that will give -%50 movement with %5 probability each time they perform a critical hit. But that's about it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny to see what illusions some people have about sorcs ...

6k bubble LOL

3k and if you timed it right and are lucky enough to be in a 1on1 with nobody throwing stuns and so on at you, you can get a 2nd one up.

Those 3k don't benefit from armor mitigation or anything.

The bubble goes down with 1 hit from a well geared player or 2 from a undergeared one.

Most of the ulitity complains are hilarious ... people forget that a sorc who realy tries (you cant btw) to get all the utility talents has nearly no damage, in comparison to a dps spec.

And again ... most of the utility stuff is worthless, except in hutball ... it's just way to easy to break line of sight there and run off. BUT thats a problem of the warzone and not the class.

The damage ... don't make me laugh ....

Sorcs have incredible nice numbers at the end of a warzone, but only because of our aoe attacks.

As soon as the sorc has a dps class on its back, they can't continue this and have start kiting to survive (or just continue and die ... i mena there is hardly any harm in that ... again a mistake of the warzones)

Even a Madness sorc can't deal much damage, while beeing on the run ... most damage would be from the dots and they tick for what 200? LOL

AND healers can remove them ... (sadly hardly any healer ever does)

Force and ignoring Armor:

THis is a funny one ... most people think that all our attacks ignore armor ...

Well they don't ... we have a total of 2 dots (if you are 31 madness) and one aoe that bypass armor. And the damage from both isn't realy scary. (especially since the surge nerf)

Also please stop thinking that sorcs are assasins ... not the same skills ... not the same ... only the same stupid icon at the end of the warzone. (i could be wrong with the icon tough)

For the healer imortal mode issue ... well yeah but thats a problem with all healers and sorcs aren't even the best when it comes to that.

Use some interrupts and don't waste your stuns at the start of the fight and you should be able to take the healer out ... or at least put enough pressure on him to prevent any heals going to the team

(thats even better than him beeing dead, since he would be back within a few seconds)

Try some 1on1 duels with sorcs ... you will see that your fear is mostly misplaced.

Edited by Jamuro

Just to be sure.. Sages are the MIRROR class of a Sorc, right? if a mirror class can't take out the other with a help of another DPS class, then your spec is either not meant to be or you and your PT friend are just not bringing their A-game on..

Dude, what sorc are you talking about?! I played as merc in that match. Merc=bounty hunter, same class as powertech, different AC. I was hybrid healer with TM and the pyro was a shield/pyro hybrid.

I don't play sorcs/sages. They are just too darn easy.

There needs to be a serious look taken at their apparently infinite resource, beinbg abole to heal for 800K in wzs is not something achieved by other classes......Having to consider ones resource when using skills/abilities is an integral means of differentiating good and bad players and does not exist in the case of Sorcs/Sages....

I don't think Sorcs are OP. But I do think that they have an easier time to play to their full potential since their counter class (Scoundrel/Operative) got nerfed very hard.

Scoundrels/OPs were never sorc's counter class. Sure, they are meant to be one, but practically, even pre-nerf it's rather hard to finish someone off, when they can knock you back+root and than sprint away or force lighting you to death. Or just stun+sprint away, or root+sprint away...

There needs to be a serious look taken at their apparently infinite resource, beinbg abole to heal for 800K in wzs is not something achieved by other classes......Having to consider ones resource when using skills/abilities is an integral means of differentiating good and bad players and does not exist in the case of Sorcs/Sages....

There really is no reason at all to play any other healer. The benefit of being a niche healer simply doesn't exist in this game.

I want to heal on my scoundrel, but it's just too annoying to manage energy and have fun at the same time. If I cast my mainstay heal twice in a row; I'm already at 75% of my energy regen... It's just stupid when I can play a sage and just chain cast.

Lots of baddie sorcs posting here.

6k is 2 shields worth (its more like 7-8 on BMs)..any Sorc worth 2 cents precasts his shield so he gets at LEAST 2 shields...if not 3 in a long battle if he self heals a bit or kites in a 1v1. Therefore, the sorc has effective health on par with tanks, and when you toss in heals and snare+sprint, knockbacks, ccs.....if you are that bad that you just sit there and take it (and therefore think that you are squishy).....believe me most good sorcs think they're the hardest mofos to kill.

Sorc healing>>all others....the difference is so huge you'd have to be real bad not to notice the difference. One voidstar me and my premade 4-1 trained this sorc every time he came out the door, and he still had 450k heals (and we killed him real fast almost every time even with his buddy guarding him). He has a natural reaction to run soon as he sees one of our names lol.

I have yet to see an op heal for as much as a sorc in ANY bg. And mercs might be tanky but gimme a break they're so easy to shut down it's almost not worth killing them.

The idea that 2 tanks cross guarding each other is as good as sorcs who can heal don't make me laugh. Cross guarding is a 5% dmg reduction the other tank takes the rest of the damage.

Oh and the other baddie who says they're down to around 40% before they get control back from fightin an Op or Sin.........is a troll, or is fighting completely naked. Ops would be lucky to pop the shield in 1 hit nevermind actually taking you below 80% in the first 3 seconds nowadays.

I love how people say how super-ultra-op Sorcerers are, impossible to kill, then proceeds to say how easily they kill them with his premade, over and over again. And how he still manages to do 450k healing - even though that's an apparent lie, since both of those cases can't be true.

Lol.

I love how people say how super-ultra-op Sorcerers are, impossible to kill, then proceeds to say how easily they kill them with his premade, over and over again. And how he still manages to do 450k healing - even though that's an apparent lie, since both of those cases can't be true.

Lol.

Don't nerf me bro!

- Sorc do not match dps of snipers and mercs, not even a little bit. DPS means damage per second, and trust me, a sorcerers dps is low, although overall damage may seem high. Snipers can do 3k dps where as sorcerers can be glad if they do above 1k

- They are in fact bad AoE healers, the AoE heal does about 2.5k non crit healing, in PvP, in a small radius only, its a 2 second cast and costs 100 force.

- Can not out heal a dps specced merc that knows what hes doing. Trust me.

- They are terrible ball runners in huttball, but great assisters in helping ballcarriers

-Bubble only rocks for 1 good hit, then its poof, gone. Its not bad though

-They don't have the best utility in the game, as theyre glass cannons. You can disagree with me on this, but they dont have any defensive cooldowns that reduce damage taken for set amount of time

-Sorcers dont have ANY roots. They have slows which are cleansable and interruptable. Oh boohoo.

All classes have ''Tools in their toolboxes'' and there is a reason sorcerers have quite alot. They ARE a support class, not a solo killing machine.

As for the above points, notice how 80% of your ''facts'' are complete BS? Next time, try harder.

I find it highly ironic that your post contained no facts.

Your dps numbers especially are pure fabrication, and I know where they came from because of their stench. DPS is not the damage a class can do in one second. It is the damage done over a period of time divided by the number of seconds that have elapsed. As we have no way to actually record this data at present, it can hardly be used as a basis for comparison of two classes.

The skill cap for Sorcs is actually reasonably high, so I'm not entirely surprised that someone is saying that they're not that good.

This game does no have a "Support Class." It has Healers. Damage Dealers. Tanks.

You are trying to present your personal frustration as fact and proof that Sorcs are fine. They're not fine. The hybrid specs are quite broken, and I think once those are eliminated, We'd be at a point where we could re-evaluate.

Lol.

Nobody dies in 0.3 seconds with a guard on em (and shield)...even when there's 4 people on ya....not only that he was sprinting around pillar humping so that took a few seconds longer as not everyone was able to hit him. But him and his tank died pretty fast as any would when 4 get on ya.

and yea half of his 'healing' was definitely trying to keep himself alive for sure.

and just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done lmao (as far as having 450k heals spending more time in the respawn point than actually fightin......especially when you die fast enough you can come out the same freaking door)

Edited by _Morholt_

Jack of all trades and master of them all.

Sorcs match dps of snipers and mercs

If your playing a sniper or a merc and a sorcery is matching your single target DPS you suck big time

Best aoe healer in the game

Yep - it is a 31pts talent though, so lets put this into context. DPS speced sorc arent doing it.

Can outheal in dps spec a dps spec merc

They are about the same really the difference it tiny. However the HP restored it much more valuble to the merc, so merc wins.

Make great ball runners in huttball

If the opponents are dumb and cant root. And are you sure you are not confusing sin for sorcs. Seen that happen in a lot of games, someone raging a the OP soeed of a sorc and its actually a sin.

Bubble rocks

Meh - you can have the bubble if you doudle the sorc damage to match a sentinel or mara

Best utility in the game with forcerun and pull

Yeah whatever......

Oh and lets now forget all the slows and roots which arent governed by resolve

Yeah that one. Want to make more **** up?

A sorc is a huge force multipier in huttball, which is 90% of pvp

I would rather have a juggernaunt, marauder, DPS merc, healing Merc or assassain over a sorc on my team because they are all much, much better with good gear.

Ur class has too many tools in it's tool box.

L2P

Increase force costs or lower regen would go a long way in fixing the class.

As for Sorcball they need to make it so the ball carrier can't be pulled or jump. Nerfs the 20 second score problem currently in the game. Right now if you don't have a Jug/Maur carrying the ball with sorcs healing and pulling you'll lose in competitive play. Every time.

Nobody dies in 0.3 seconds with a guard on em (and shield)...even when there's 4 people on ya....not only that he was sprinting around pillar humping so that took a few seconds longer as not everyone was able to hit him. But him and his tank died pretty fast as any would when 4 get on ya.

and yea half of his 'healing' was definitely trying to keep himself alive for sure.

and just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done lmao (as far as having 450k heals spending more time in the respawn point than actually fightin......especially when you die fast enough you can come out the same freaking door)

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and use the ol' "pics or it didn't happen". Because without AoE-heals and shielding the entire team, I'm not buying it. But that doesn't really matter. "I'm leet, you're not!" posts are a dime a dozen.

Jack of all trades and master of them all.

Sorcs match dps of snipers and mercs

Best aoe healer in the game ...point 1+2 you are assuming a 37/38/37 build

Can outheal in dps spec a dps spec merc ... the merc must be the dumbest player on earth

Make great ball runners in huttball ... so what?

Bubble rocks ... it rocks for 3,5k damage every 20 seconds

Best utility in the game with forcerun and pull ... you mixing up 2 classes

Oh and lets now forget all the slows and roots which arent governed by resolve .. bug?

A sorc is a huge force multipier in huttball, which is 90% of pvp ... play republic

Ur class has too many tools in it's tool box.

next please

I'm a lv 50, moderately geared (mostly centurion with some champion pieces) hybrid healing/dps sorc and while I really enjoy being a sorc I don't understand why so many are crying for sorc to be nerfed.

Here's what my experience has been so far as a sorc:

- Throughout 10-49 pvp and once I got some centurion gear I've consistently been 1st or 2nd in medals every WZ. Not because of skill but because I get most of the DPS medals + healing medals whereas I'm guessing most other classes just get one or the other.

- My role is generally to stay on the fringes of the battle spamming aoe damage and bubbling everyone on my team. This does get me the most medals but does not feel heroic or anything and I hardly ever get MVP votes because people don't see me epically tanking 2-3 enemies while making it across the goal line.

- As soon as I get focused by 2-3 opponents I instantly die

- I usually lose 1v1 fights vs. similar geared opponents due to my being hybrid specced for healing and aoe damage.

- Although I usually end up with the highest overall stats (damage, healing, and kills) at the end of the game I can never "carry" my team to victory like some of the seemingly unkillable tank classes. Due to my light armor and low hp if I ever try to pick up the ball I usually die instantly unless I don't get attacked at all.

My server is really small and there are only a small bunch of people who PVP at 50. The ones who are known and feared are all tank-ish assassins/bounty hunters who are really hard to kill and usually carry their teams to victory but don't necessarily get the most medals every time.

In summary:

Yes, sorcs put up big and flashy numbers but they are also the easiest to kill (and if you say we get cc's, stuns and knockbacks so does every other class as far as I know). Also the type of damage we do doesn't feel as powerful (dotting people, aoeing a bunch of people doesn't give you the same feeling as bursting someone down from half hp to dead even if it's more damage overall).

I feel like classes are pretty well balanced as they are and sorcs definitely are role players within their teams but not OP.

sorcs ar OP all the way - u just play u class wrong - and yes the need to get Neff soon

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and use the ol' "pics or it didn't happen". Because without AoE-heals and shielding the entire team, I'm not buying it. But that doesn't really matter. "I'm leet, you're not!" posts are a dime a dozen.

Are you serious haha.....I've done 400k heals in pure hots in Voidstar before which doesn't even come close to shield heals which count the full value before you even take damage. 400k in a Voidstar is like.....the LEAST they could do...I've seen 600K+ numerous times and even an 800.

A 400k picture isn't even noteworthy why would I take a pic of that lmao.

Edited by _Morholt_

next please

Snipers and merc have to manage their resourse, not the case with the sorcs, who can just keep spamming their dps non-stop with complete disregard of their mana.

So in theory sniper/sorc can outdps sorc and his heals, but in reality, they both have to slow down and weave in some default attacks to avoid overheat/low power issues. Unlike sorc's mana regain, sniper/merc get diminished return the more resourse they consume.

On top of that sniper damage is weapon based, which means it get deflected a lot. And while sniper gets to over one this issue at the end-game with the excessive amount of accuracy stat, their "mirror" class, GS is less fortunate coz he's stuck dualwielding two pistols, which means that the offhand attack does 30% and has -33% accuracy penalty. Which in turn means that GS damage vs anybody with the glowstick is 30% lower than against other classes, because that off-hand shot gets almost always deflected.

Further more, merc can't just blast away at sorc due to heat management, he has to hold back because otherwise he's gonnaend up overheating within seconds. After that he can only do default attacks and that's. Which is why sorc very often just stand still and keep healing through the dps.

Are you serious haha.....I've done 400k heals in pure hots in Voidstar before which doesn't even come close to shield heals which count the full value before you even take damage. 400k in a Voidstar is like.....the LEAST they could do...I've seen 600K+ numerous times and even an 800.

A 400k picture isn't even noteworthy why would I take a pic of that lmao.

Apparently you don't know how Static Barriers work, because they count towards healing when they absorb damage. If they don't absorb any, you don't get any healing for them. Don't believe me? Go ahead and run through the fire in Huttball and watch it for yourself.

Also, again - pics or it didn't happen. Just because you blurt out something doesn't make it true. The HoT heals for appr. 1500 if you crit, then you heal for appr. 500 a tick if you crit.

Let's say you have a 6sec cd. That means you get one direct heal, and two successive heals after you cast it again. Let us also assume you begin casting it immediately, for the sake of argument.

That means you heal for 1500+500+500 = 2500 every 6sec - assuming they all crit, every time. The maximum length of a Warzone is 15 minutes, or 900 seconds. That means you heal for 900 / 6 * 2500 = 375000 under optimum (and severely unrealistic) circumstances.

I'm calling you on your bs, mister.

Edited by jizerai