The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You Wondering Full Pyro Spec

RojoHombre

I am currently running the standard full pyro spec. 2 st/6 ap/31 pt

But I was wondering if anyone has ever considered going for the +aim in ST to help boost crit and all damage. By taking out pt cylinders and pt burn enhancers you can fill out intimidation to 3/3 and put 2/3 into steely resolve for a +6percent aim

I donno if it will make up for the loss in damage from Prototype Cylinders and burn enhancers. But I figure now at 1250 aim with +6 would be 1325ish aim. I donno how much damage and how much crit that translates too but I was just curious.

Edited by RojoHombre

Perhaps, but it depends how much aim you have.

The 3 points you wish to remove provide a 9%+ crit rate bonus to all fire attacks as well as 3%+ to non fire attacks.

The extra aim will give you critical bonus (for everything) too and also increased damage but will it be enough to compare to the massive 9%+ crit bonus on your main attack FB + CGC?

This is the spec i'm using... i like it better especially for pvp.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMcZfhrbzGhMc.1

Basically swapping burn enhancers for automated defense, and prototype cylinders for thermal det. I like the aoe on explosive dart in pvp better than the single target thermal det anyway.

Very similar to the spec I used, but you really should at least take 1 point out of Burnout for the Prototype Cylinders since you get a whole 3% tech critical from the one point instead of just 1% and the 10% damage increase under 30% for periodics.

I am also 2 points in hot Iron instead of Burnout but that is just personal preference really, I see it as about the same.

This is the spec i'm using... i like it better especially for pvp.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMcZfhrbzGhMc.1

Basically swapping burn enhancers for automated defense, and prototype cylinders for thermal det. I like the aoe on explosive dart in pvp better than the single target thermal det anyway.

Probably move 1 point from steely resolve to prototype cylinders.

Hmm, those are good suggestions. I actually put up the wrong one, i do have 2 pts in steely resolve and 1 in proto cyl. SKipping burnout though may be worth it for additional 3% aim and 6% flame burst...

-------------

Edit: The more i think about it, I think i'm going to keep at least 2 pts in burnout. It makes it much easier to bring down healers w/dots on them, and hot iron would only add 60pts of damage if you're hitting for 1k on a flameburst.

Edited by Drexorn