Sorcs and Sages need 2 Stances so they cannot Heal and DPS at the same time.

RedMix

Oh, should I post a SS of my character? And I meant unbuffed as in no relic/adrenal. I of course have the 5% from ops.

yup cos all sorcerors come with a pocket operative right?

also unless you specced into the 3 crit talent, you really need to look into your itemisation

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact - a 3.6k bubble absorbs 7k when guarded. And that wasn't even in the range.

Fun fact: a marauder who pops undying rage gains an effective health of 150,000!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

what if they're guarded?

What if they're bubbled?

They... are... UNKILLABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun fact: a marauder who pops undying rage gains an effective health of 150,000!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

what if they're guarded?

What if they're bubbled?

They... are... UNKILLABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except if you CC a Marauder with Undying Rage they lost a lot of health for no reason.

^

I can break 75k healing by just bubbling myself, and it shouldn't work that way.

bubble only counts as healing when it absorbs damage.

If you break 75K healing by bubbling yourself, that means you got attacked with 75K damage while bubbled.

You can't just stand in the corner and spam bubble to get 75K healing...

Sorcerers do bubble other people, especially when they're not getting attacked.

*sigh* in your first post you said "so nerf them because they annoy you...." and a full healer shouldnt mind a healing stance due that it would benefit them more since it would focus them on healing specifically and they still have their utilities in oh **** situations but ...as for a dps is could go either way since they would get a little bit more damage but it costs them to give up their heals and a heal is a heal no matter how little...and as for using caps it was used to point out a fact in which you clearly never comprehended since ive been stating that in a couple of my other post want me to do it the formal way and use italics? read comprehend then respond before you posts :) oh btw full heals do still have good sustainable damage not burst damage sustainable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8C7yi79bnQ&feature=related ima say this for the last time a stance would just focus the player into either dpsing or healing so that they cant do both

One long rant, with an insult thrown in for good measure.

1) Suggest that if you want anyone to read this, try paragraphs, its almost unreadable in its current format

2) The more you ramble, the more it sounds like you are griping about something you don't have and can't deal with, seriously, a heal is a heal, no matter how little??? so take it all away from DPS spec?

In fact, in DPS spec, the heals in a wz are fairly poor, given that one is long to cast and is resource-intensive.

Again, not everyone here may agree with your proposal, learn to live with it. Or don't post on the forum, and definitely don't flame, insult, etc. Leave the attitude behind. :rolleyes:

Edited by Calista_ZK

20 second knockback that also roots.

Static barrier that aoe blinds when it explodes, on a 17sec cooldown.

8sec mez that can also be spec'd to stun for 2 seconds when it breaks (if it breaks, lolbug)

4sec stun.

6sec snare on 12sec cooldown.

Spammable snare on their "auto-attack".

That's a lot more than a Vanguard's 1min 4 second stun, and 45sec 2.5sec aoe melee stun. Snare is only on a proc, and 2 seconds.

Herp derp, biased much? Snare is not "spammable" on their autoattack 4 sec stun is on 60 second cd. blind breaks on damage and and has a percentage to hit, doesnt 100% hit, so it's on a proc, snare is NOT on 12 sec cd lolwhut now youre making stuff up. And MOST of that CC you listed is mitigated entirely by my gap closer... soooooooo, yeah. What class do you play so poorly that you can't kill an equally geared sorc that does LITTERALLY 1/2 as much DPS as you?

yup cos all sorcerors come with a pocket operative right?

also unless you specced into the 3 crit talent, you really need to look into your itemisation

Well, I regularly have ops in my warzones, whether I queue with one from my guild, or I solo queue.

As for my itemization. I cannot affect the way BM gear is itemized, and it currently is a power,crit, alacrity set up naturally.

For an idea of my stats, look at this: http://i.imgur.com/Bmu2p.jpg

You're right though, I lied, I'm at 36%.

I'm also in a mix of PvP/PvE gear to maximize WP because that's more important than expertise at this point.

bubble only counts as healing when it absorbs damage.

If you break 75K healing by bubbling yourself, that means you got attacked with 75K damage while bubbled.

You can't just stand in the corner and spam bubble to get 75K healing...

Sorcerers do bubble other people, especially when they're not getting attacked.

Right, which is why I regularly have over 120k healing every game. I'm saying it shouldn't work that way on myself though.

Right, which is why I regularly have over 120k healing every game. I'm saying it shouldn't work that way on myself though.

unfortunately that doesn't' change anything. People wont' be satisfied just because the stats at the end of warzones change. They want the actual nerf on bubble, as in the amount absorbed and cooldown, along with every other aspect of a sorcerer.

Oh well, why do i care, I stopped playing my healing sorc. They're a joke in warzones now that people are getting geared. Insta-gibbed every time I start healing. I either get jumped by multiple melees or get grappled into the middle of a huge group.

Edited by Acyu

unfortunately that doesn't' change anything. People wont' be satisfied with just because the stats at the end of warzones change. They want the actual nerf on bubble, as in the amount absorbed and cooldown, along with every other aspect of a sorcerer.

Oh well, why do i care, I stopped playing my healing sorc. They're a joke in warzones how that people are getting geared. Insta-gibbed every time I start healing. I either get jumped by multiple melees or get grappled into the middle of a huge group.

No it doesn't and no they won't.

As for your last paragraph, you gotta be careful, people will start calling you bad because the other team is doing what they are supposed to do.

Edited by TetraCleric

Well, I regularly have ops in my warzones, whether I queue with one from my guild, or I solo queue.

As for my itemization. I cannot affect the way BM gear is itemized, and it currently is a power,crit, alacrity set up naturally.

For an idea of my stats, look at this: http://i.imgur.com/Bmu2p.jpg

You're right though, I lied, I'm at 36%.

I'm also in a mix of PvP/PvE gear to maximize WP because that's more important than expertise at this point.

36% with buff is normal.

maybe you might wanna consider swapping out the enhancements unless youre trispecced or corruption

36% with buff is normal.

maybe you might wanna consider swapping out the enhancements unless youre trispecced or corruption

That means I have to raid more. And unfortunately, my guild isn't really a raiding guild, we raid when we're bored. And my server doesn't have much of a market for the 58 mods, so buying them is out of the question right now until more people are able to get them, don't need them, and will sell them.

What I don't get is why you would waste points on a crit/surge relic/adrenal for an extra 2& crit? You should be timing their use with Recklessness, so that 2% is essentially unneeded. You get much bigger returns through power every time.

Edited by TetraCleric

Herp derp, biased much? Snare is not "spammable" on their autoattack 4 sec stun is on 60 second cd. blind breaks on damage and and has a percentage to hit, doesnt 100% hit, so it's on a proc, snare is NOT on 12 sec cd lolwhut now youre making stuff up. And MOST of that CC you listed is mitigated entirely by my gap closer... soooooooo, yeah. What class do you play so poorly that you can't kill an equally geared sorc that does LITTERALLY 1/2 as much DPS as you?

And you argued that a BH or Warrior had more CC than a Sorcerer? How?

Vanguard has a 4sec stun (on the same cooldown as Sorcerer) the only other CC is is a 2.5sec stun on a 45sec cooldown.

Commando has 2 knockbacks and a 4sec stun.

Force Slow is a 12 sec cooldown and 6 sec duration.

Telekinetic Throw is specced to not have a cooldown. It reduces speed by 50% while channeled. Telekinetic Throw IS the Sage "auto-attack".

That's ontop of the blind, mez, stun, knockback and root.

Edited by savionen

36% with buff is normal.

BM itemization is horrible. But yes, you should swap your enhancements with the surge enhancements from champion gears if you're not healing specced.

State of PVP = almost there

Sorcs = balanced, good utility, bad damage

Assassins = tank probably needs a little love in PVP, maybe should be allowed to wear medium armor or something. Seems to go down pretty quickly.

Ops= need maybe a 10% damage boost

Snipers = cover needs to do more than it does to make these guys viable.

Mercs = Fine

Powertech =

Mara = Damage is a little bit too high, probably needs to drop 10%, 6k crits LOL.

Jugg = Fine

BM itemization is horrible. But yes, you should swap your enhancements with the surge enhancements from champion gears if you're not healing specced.

It's a dps loss because of the new DR on surge though. More power is better, and 58 mods have more crit.

I'd also like to point out that more alacrity is a DPS increase because of Lightning Barrage.

Anyways, I'm leaving for a bit, I'll reply more when I get back home.

Edited by TetraCleric

And you argued that a BH or Warrior had more CC than a Sorcerer? How?

Vanguard has a 4sec stun (on the same cooldown as Sorcerer) the only other CC is is a 2.5sec stun on a 45sec cooldown.

Commando has 2 knockbacks and a 4sec stun.

Force Slow is a 12 sec cooldown and 6 sec duration.

Telekinetic Throw is specced to not have a cooldown. It reduces speed by 50% while channeled. Telekinetic Throw IS the Sage "auto-attack".

Still in denial, ok, lie more in these forums buddy. I don't really care, just makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about. Also, there are not autoattacks in this game... sooooooo yeah.

Got might vote... Might make people play a different class.

I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME OR HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY WHAT CLASS SO I'M JUST JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON HERP DERP DERP DERP.

On my server there are nearly 30% more Warriors than Inquisitors and there are the same number of Inqs as there are BH. The least played class on the Imp side is the Agent... why dont you go ahead /who inq 50 and repeat that for every class, then think long and hard about how wrong your assumption that "EVERY ONE PLAYS AN INQ!!111!!!" really is.

You're wrong. Bubble scales with healing power only. Not health.

From Torhead.com - At level 50, Static Barrier absorbs 1162 + 327% of Force Healing Bonus before talents.

Also, your calculations putting light armor + bubble = Medium armor = heavy armor are wrong.

A sorc in full PvP gear barely tops 16k HP. A jugg in PvP gear is commonly sporting over 23k. It's a simple fact you quite conveniently forgot to mention. Redo your time to live calculations accordingly.

It definitely does scale with health. The formula is....

[static Barrier Absorb] = (0.164*Health) + (3.27 * Healing Power)

http://www.torhead.com/ability/VIBtDV/static-barrier

Healing Power = (Power*0.17) + ([Main Stat]*0.14)

Main Stat in this case would be Willpower.

Every class has the same amount of health if they use the same mods(with different main stat).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302206&page=45

Scroll down a bit. Someone made the exact argument(like many others) that Sorcerers were somehow Endurance-Challenged as a class when in reality it's the result of mods.

Edited by Tumri

Flat out prevent them from casting heals/shield while in DPS stance or make them take 2x as long to cast them or something. these Sorcs doing 500k Dmg and Healing at the same time is just ridiculous.

your numbers don't mean squat. your team probably had a bunch of people with a similar skill and competence level as you so you got crushed.

the real issue is your lack of understanding (you're far from alone so don't worry) for pvp. i suggest that you improve your pvp skills, understanding of the classes and pvp systems before you come back to complain again.

Edited by Emperor_Troll

It definitely does scale with health. The formula is....

[static Barrier Absorb] = (0.164*Health) + (3.27 * Healing Power)

http://www.torhead.com/ability/VIBtDV/static-barrier

Healing Power = (Power*0.17) + ([Main Stat]*0.14)

Main Stat in this case would be Willpower.

Every class has the same amount of health if they use the same mods(with different main stat).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302206&page=45

Scroll down a bit. Someone made the exact argument(like many others) that Sorcerers were somehow Endurance-Challenged as a class when in reality it's the result of mods.

It's not scaled to health. It's scaled to MAXIMUM HEALTH.

Difference? Max health is constant by level and unaffected by gear.

The 16.4% of max health at lvl 50 is 1161.94.

The only thing that changes how much a bubble absorbs at each level is healing power and talent.

I was just thinking this.... they killed assasin/shadows hybrid spec by making stance dancing impossible and there wasn't a huge uproar about assassins to begin with.

If they don't fix them people are gone, enough said, quit playing games Bioware and get it done.

Hey it costs 30 force! We wont mention that 1% of 600 is 6 and its channeled for 6 seconds making an uninterrupted cast give you 6 more force than it used while not counting the 6 seconds of regular force regen that happens as well :rolleyes:

See, you are trying to discuss a possibly valid point, and you make the entire "nerf sorcs" argument appear stupid due to its association with your ignorance. If you are going to spout facts, first make certain they are facts and not just something you made up on the spot? Or are you confusing force lightning with the ae?

le sigh. Yeah, you looked at torhead for 15 seconds, now you are a master.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.