I spend more time looking at my cooldowns than looking at targets.

toastmuffin

This is so infuriating as a melee class. The first time you hit an ability and its unavailable, instinctively you would look at how much time it has left on the bar. Having to check your defensive cooldowns as well as dps cooldowns while trying to maintain uptime. I played a cooldown reliant class in WoW(rogue and pretty good at it) but it has never been this intensive.

I play a tanking class and this is my first alt as a marauder(lvl 45) and i dont know how you guys can manage to keep yourself within melee range while looking at your quickslots for CDs AND interrupting while at it. Sometimes there are just too many abilities to press to be SITUATIONAL-LY effective .

I just need to add on that this class has been alot of fun apart from their lack of controls in warzones. I cant do much defensively if they move towards the bridge in huttball.

TLDR: Share some marauder pvp tips or is this class more suitable for someone with a higher APM?

Edited by toastmuffin

This is so infuriating as a melee class. The first time you hit an ability and its unavailable, instinctively you would look at how much time it has left on the bar. Having to check your defensive cooldowns as well as dps cooldowns while trying to maintain uptime. I played a cooldown reliant class in WoW(rogue and pretty good at it) but it has never been this intensive.

I play a tanking class and this is my first alt as a marauder(lvl 45) and i dont know how you guys can manage to keep yourself within melee range while looking at your quickslots for CDs AND interrupting while at it. Sometimes there are just too many abilities to press to be SITUATIONAL-LY effective .

I just need to add on that this class has been alot of fun apart from their lack of controls in warzones. I cant do much defensively if they move towards the bridge in huttball.

TLDR: Share some marauder pvp tips or is this class more suitable for someone with a higher APM?

key bindings, really not that hard.

key bindings, really not that hard.

Key bindings was never the issue. i have q,e,r,t,f,c,z,1,2,3,4,5,x and ` binded along with alt/shift modifiers(ony my mouse side buttons) of the same keyset. i could even bind ctrl if not for the autorun bug. Obviously, you werent reading.

Edited by toastmuffin

I have that same problem. I type without looking, can play guitar without looking, but I can't play my marauder without looking or else I'd die way more often. I have a split second sometimes and I need to know what I have available, of course I could smash all the keys at once but I don't think it would be as efficient

Hmm pvp tips for marauder.

Personally I don't to pvp with my mara anymore (I hate being chain rooted).

Don't bother with rotations, think of your moves has combos instead.

Force charge/Assault to crippling slash -> Battering Assault -> (biggest damage moves)

I don't know what spec you are but:

annihilation: (deadly saber -> rupture -> annihilate)

rage: (force crush -> smash)

carnage: (gore -> massacre -> force scream)

As for staying in melee range just keep spamming force charge.

Edited by Lxkane

Key bindings was never the issue. i have q,e,r,t,f,c,z,1,2,3,4,5,x and ` binded along with alt/shift modifiers(ony my mouse side buttons) of the same keyset. i could even bind ctrl if not for the autorun bug. Obviously, you werent reading.

then just play the class more until you get used to the cooldowns.

then just play the class more until you get used to the cooldowns.

Agreed. It was a big problem for me at first too, especially because I am coming off a 6 year MMO hiatus. But now that I've been at 50 for a few weeks and have my 30+ binds set in stone, I only have to glance down occasionally (check my fury, resolve, longer CDs). I actually was having a serious problem with hand fatigue too, but I'm back into peak gaming-fitness... lol.

Keep at it, you'll get it.

It's the same problem for the classes that I have played.

Marauder, Sniper and Shadow.

Way too many abilities, cooldowns to manage.

Annoying actually, since i just look at cooldowns and when to press what buttons, rather than looking at the fights.

Play it enough and the ability cooldown times become second nature. It doesn't even take long.

Consider this: maybe this class is not for you? If you're not of a micro management mindset, you should not play this class, and may consider something either a bit slower paced, or more cause and effect related (like a merc for example, not hating just saying).

I'm not a concieted person, but is it seriously that challenging for people to play while watching CDs?

let me tell you the cooldowns i need to watch while keeping up with an enemy who's trying to remain mobile in a typical PvP fight.

Rotations wise.

Annihilate CD and their Stacks.

Rupture Cooldown.

Deadly saber cooldown and their stacks.

Battering Assault Cooldown when i am rage starved.

These are manageable until we factor in these cooldowns below.

Other crucial situational Cooldowns.

Obfuscate, choke, Cloak, Undying Rage, smash, force leap,disruption and vicious throw among others.

Edited by toastmuffin

If your playing marauder right you should have a full plate, even if you have your basics memorized (and those are easy to remember)

Its the shields/undying rage/ force camo/ and your buffs that require the constant managment and should be used often. You buffs are not on a simple rotation so you need to constatnly watch your stacks and their specific cooldowns.

And yes we have a whole lot more skills to deal with than other classes, that need to be used properly, especially when i comes to rage building and rage spending.

I can tell the marauders who have "everything memorized" as i never see a sheild up, never see them use undying rage, never see them do anything than charging down near dead players and trying to get a kill...and most imporantly i never see a team buff being used. These are the people who just memorized a simple rotation and ignored the rest of the classes usefulness to a team...the people posting "lol wut" responses.

Its a difficult class to keep up on in pvp...especially when your not on a premade.

Honestly...for ops and WZ i would LOVE to see a system that allowed me to see the skill icons pop up on screen when the CD is finished..especially since i like to keep the bottom skillbars as normal and bind from my side bars...

I can tell the marauders who have "everything memorized" as i never see a sheild up, never see them use undying rage, never see them do anything than charging down near dead players and trying to get a kill...and most imporantly i never see a team buff being used. These are the people who just memorized a simple rotation and ignored the rest of the classes usefulness to a team...the people posting "lol wut" responses.

That's kind of cute I guess. Yeah bro, I am totally bad because you said I am. I'm the guy who pushes Predation on Voidstar door breaches, uses Intimidating Roar when protecting the ball handler and even (dare I say it) PASSES THE HUTTBALL. If you're going to generalize, at least do it a bit better than that.

It's not hard to memorize your cooldowns. You just need half a brain, which it seems current MMO players are lacking these days.

That's kind of cute I guess. Yeah bro, I am totally bad because you said I am. I'm the guy who pushes Predation on Voidstar door breaches, uses Intimidating Roar when protecting the ball handler and even (dare I say it) PASSES THE HUTTBALL. If you're going to generalize, at least do it a bit better than that.

It's not hard to memorize your cooldowns. You just need half a brain, which it seems current MMO players are lacking these days.

He didn't say your name so maybe you're trying to hide something?

The pure amount of abilities we have are difficult to keep up with in the beginning. I'd suggest rearranging your keybindings and hot bars to organize a bit better. Section them off based on CD length or how often they're used and what situations you get into. Keep at it, it'll come to you. And ignore the assuage that tell you to not play this class. They don't belong on the forums

With all the keybindings Im seriously considering buying a Razor Naga Gaming Mouse. Strange, Ive looked around where I live for one and cant find any - East London lol. But anyway I think that will help me with the huge amount of keybindings required compared to most other classes. Theres other cheaper ones too with multiple buttons you can pre-program.

I would pay dearly to have a small hotbar that I could put right under my toon with:

• Bazerk
  • Annihilate
  • Rupture
  • Battering Assault
  • Deadly Saber

And then be able to make my rage bar smaller and put that right next to my toon as well. And some kind of proc animation sound like the Pyro railshot proc for Retaliate.

But you know, such things are asking a lot from MMO developers in 2012, apparently.

Although you do get STORY STORY STORY.

One thing that I did eventually was better organizing my hotbar. I put all of the listed primary short CDs in the top middle of the bar, procs below them buffs in the left 4, defensive CDs in the right 4.

Edited by getdownsb

Marauders use Retaliation? I always found it to be a waste of rage/GCD. Am I missing something?

It's off the GCD and as Annihilation I often find myself with a lot of extra rage that I could burn. But I rarely use it, because you have to be staring at the toolbar to see it proc.