*Video* Vigilance PvP (500k damage)

-Sithis-

This is a Voidstar I played where I got 498k damage as pure vigilance spec (7/34/0).

This was taken shortly before the surge nerf, but I have modified my gear for more power/surge since then and have reached as high as 487k.

Despite this I feel that vigilance still needs some love from the dev team, but I will go more into detail in that regard some other time!

For now, enjoy the pvp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEEYQdJ5o10&feature=plcp&context=C32fcf2cUDOEgsToPDskJAGPtzvlCf-ZXjoOk-BiGe

Link to spec is in video description! Also, I will try to answer any questions you may have about Guardian pvp. I have extensive experience in both Vigilance and Focus specs, as well as various hybrids.

I love how these posts about Vigilance end up being put up at the same time. There's another guy who says that Vigilance is underpowered and put up a video of himself that is a half hour long.

I love Vigilance and probably won't be doing anything different for a while to come. Glad you're enjoying it too.

Very nice video, I'm glad to see that people other than myself PvP as Vigilance.

And yes, I was the one with the other 30 minute long video. There is a fairly extensive discussion on vigilance going on in that thread.

Yeah I saw that after I posted this here. I love the playstyle of Vigilance, but I don't think it is the best spec for group pvp, which I will explain in a post I am planning for later!

Not to hijack the thread, but I also like the Consular who did just just as much damage as you did, had more kills, did more protection and healed. /hijack

Fun video though. ;P

Lol Prestige... Shadows are a bit OP IMO, but that isn't the point. This was before the Shockfrozen water was nerfed, so he could vanish and heal for 9k, and the healing would count for stats and medals.

But... he does usually outdamage me. He played a game with 31 points in the shadow tank tree and got 639k damage (this was after the surge nerf) to my 480k. That alone tells me that Shadow is OP, but fighting him 1v1 confirms it. If you go to the Warriors of the Shadow server forums, you will see that he is voted best Shadow, I am best Guardian, and most of the top rep players are in my guild, Reckless, but none of us can beat him 1v1. He beats the server's top players in any class and rarely gets below 70% health. But Shadow being OP is a discussion for a different thread!

Also I would like to note that in his spec, he can do high damage while in the Shadow tank form, so he can use guard, whereas all of my protection comes from taunts.

Lol Prestige... Shadows are a bit OP IMO, but that isn't the point. This was before the Shockfrozen water was nerfed, so he could vanish and heal for 9k, and the healing would count for stats and medals.

But... he does usually outdamage me. He played a game with 31 points in the shadow tank tree and got 639k damage (this was after the surge nerf) to my 480k. That alone tells me that Shadow is OP, but fighting him 1v1 confirms it. If you go to the Warriors of the Shadow server forums, you will see that he is voted best Shadow, I am best Guardian, and most of the top rep players are in my guild, Reckless, but none of us can beat him 1v1. He beats the server's top players in any class and rarely gets below 70% health. But Shadow being OP is a discussion for a different thread!

Also I would like to note that in his spec, he can do high damage while in the Shadow tank form, so he can use guard, whereas all of my protection comes from taunts.

Pretty much what I meant...not that what you did is of any less significance, just that he did all that and MORE! I figured it was shock water when I saw it, but still the fact that he was able to do DPS class damage while in a protection spec is a little eye-opener.

OP whats your str, pow, surg, end, crit?

This would be very helpfull!

At this time, my str was ~1250-1300, End ~1300, power ~ 200 (330 bonus damage), crit chance 30% surge 84%.

That was before the surge nerf, and since then I have modified my gear significantly and gotten 400 biochem so my stats are now as follows:

13XX end, 1419 str, 336 power (374 bonus damage), 26% crit chance, and 78% surge/crit multiplier. I am not currently logged in so these are all estimates, but they should be pretty close.

With my current gear setup I have no trouble matching this damage (450-500k) even after the surge nerf, as I have put power on all of my gear.

At this time, my str was ~1250-1300, End ~1300, power ~ 200 (330 bonus damage), crit chance 30% surge 84%.

That was before the surge nerf, and since then I have modified my gear significantly and gotten 400 biochem so my stats are now as follows:

13XX end, 1419 str, 336 power (374 bonus damage), 26% crit chance, and 78% surge/crit multiplier. I am not currently logged in so these are all estimates, but they should be pretty close.

With my current gear setup I have no trouble matching this damage (450-500k) even after the surge nerf, as I have put power on all of my gear.

78% surge is too high imo... after 75%, the surge diminishing returns are HUGE.