What macros are you looking forward to?

Dee-Jay

If I recall correctly, macro support for the game is coming sometime in the future.

Since Guardians are known for their excessive number of abilities, I was wondering what macros you are looking forward to:

I can think of a few off the top of my head:

-Force Leap / Guardian Leap on a hostile / friendly target.

-One button for adrenal and relic.

-Macroing "FUS DO RAH" into my Force Push.

-Sundering Strike / Strike macro

- Hilt Strike / Opportunity Strike macro depending on the target's condition (not sure if that's possible)

Any other ideas?

Edited by Dee-Jay

Just give us mouseover macros and I'll never ask for anything again, promise. No need to even fix Tab targeting, just give me the ability to leap/g.leap etc, on mouseover... it's not too much to ask I think. Years of playing all roles in PvE and PvP using only mouseover macros, then having to click on people or Tab or some other grueling way of targeting... it's just wrong.

Im really not looking forward to macro's.

People will use it to make the game require less skill.

While the examples in this thread are harmless, someone

somewhere is gonna exploit this in ways that will make

the game dumb, macro's always do.

Edited by VoidJustice

If I recall correctly, macro support for the game is coming sometime in the future.

Since Guardians are known for their excessive number of abilities, I was wondering what macros you are looking forward to:

I can think of a few off the top of my head:

-Force Leap / Guardian Leap on a hostile / friendly target.

-One button for adrenal and relic.

-Macroing "FUS DO RAH" into my Force Push.

-Sundering Strike / Strike macro

- Hilt Strike / Opportunity Strike macro depending on the target's condition (not sure if that's possible)

Any other ideas?

i wont do fus RO dah because its a washed up internet meme that wasnt really funny in the first place (even for a die hard skyrim fan like me). Arrow in the knee was funnier.

I would like to get..

Dispatch/saber throw

else then that you basically nailed the other i would like to

I hope macros won't allow us to call multiple abilities under ANY circumstances except non-GCD restricted abilities. (Combat Focus, Riposte, etc)

I would like to see mouseover targetting functionality duplicated though. I'm conflicted about having it implemented as a macro though. WoW mouseover macros essentially make a decision for you:

1. Am I moused over a friendly target? Cast on friendly.

2. Am I moused over a hostile target? Cast on hostile's target.

3. Do I have a friendly focus? Cast on focus.

4. Do I have a hostile focus? Cast on focus's target.

5. Do I have a hostile targetted? Cast on hostile's target.

6. Cast on current target.

That's what my mouseover target macro did. That's too much in my opinion. I would rather see an option to just toggle mouseover targeting, with separate toggles for helpful and harmful abilities.

Im really not looking forward to macro's.

People will use it to make the game require less skill.

While the examples in this thread are harmless, someone

somewhere is gonna exploit this in ways that will make

the game dumb, macro's always do.

Skill? Play a FPS for pure reflex skill, as an MMO you should be able to win on decisions you make and how fast you make them. Macro's don't help that, as long as you know what is going to happen when you press a certain button at a certain time.

But I guess your idea of skill is how fast you can hit more buttons?

But I guess your idea of skill is how fast you can hit more buttons?

yep, apm, just like strength, running speed or agility to an athlete is a component of skill.

I guess in your version of skill the only thing that matters is the decision not how long it takes you to make it.

Ok... but I bet few others would agree.

IMHO the apitome of skill is quick decisions and reaction, which require speed of thought and action.

Edited by VoidJustice

yep, apm, just like strength, running speed or agility to an athlete is a component of skill.

I guess in your version of skill the only thing that matters is the decision not how long it takes you to make it.

Ok... but I bet few others would agree.

IMHO the apitome of skill is quick decisions and reaction, which require speed of thought and action.

I agree with you, Rift was a joke, I played a riftblade and macroed seven abilities into one. I literally facerolled four buttons and killed people. It was a joke.

It makes me sad that it seems most gamers these days don't really want to "PLAY" a game they just want to cheat/exploit/macro or bot thier way to uber.

I find that stuff really boring, and feel sad when games that allow you to "PLAY" get hit with the casual bat.

I realize Im a minority thou, not being holier than thou... I'll just be sad when it no longer takes as much "SKILL" to be a "REAL" Jedi.

/O well there goes the neighborhood!

Edited by VoidJustice

It makes me sad that it seems most gamers these days don't really want to "PLAY" a game they just want to cheat/exploit/macro or bot thier way to uber.

I find that stuff really boring, and feel sad when games that allow you to "PLAY" get hit with the casual bat.

I realize Im a minority thou, not being holier than thou... I'll just be sad when it no longer takes as much "SKILL" to be a "REAL" Jedi.

/O well there goes the neighborhood!

I baiscally agree but I'd say Macros have nothing to do with the casual bat. Casuals don't bother with Macros elitists trying to shave microseconds off activation times use macros more work then they are worth for anyone not trying to play on that bleeding edge.

But the core tenet is correct. Multiple activations on one keybind is cheap and dumbs down the game.

I agree with you, Rift was a joke, I played a riftblade and macroed seven abilities into one. I literally facerolled four buttons and killed people. It was a joke.

^^ this

sadly people want everything handed down nowadays. where is the fun playing a game pressing 3 buttons without thinking? i assume swtor will be just going the same easy route like rift and this other game.

luckily other interesting games are launching in the near future.

and on topic, hopefully they will implement this crap not so soon.

Edited by CDRed

^^ this

sadly people want everything handed down nowadays. where is the fun playing a game pressing 3 buttons without thinking? i assume swtor will be just going the same easy route like rift and this other game.

luckily other interesting games are launching in the near future.

and on topic, hopefully they will implement this crap not so soon.

Godda love the elitist, condescending attitude of the anti-macro faction that seem to crawl out of their holes every time the topic arises.

The best players in WoW and Rift always used dozens of macros, depending on their situation. In some cases macros took up as much of 50% of my keybinds.

People who dislike macros are just afraid they might have to adapt and end up blaming their lack of skills on their lack of macros.

Edited by Dee-Jay

Godda love the elitist, condescending attitude of the anti-macro faction that seem to crawl out of their holes every time the topic arises.

The best players in WoW and Rift always used dozens of macros, depending on their situation. In some cases macros took up as much of 50% of my keybinds.

People who dislike macros are just afraid they might have to adapt and end up blaming their lack of skills on their lack of macros.

who is the elitist here? so you gonna tell me i am not competive and skillfull as someone with macros?

sorry for you, but i am as good/bad as you macro users without using them. and why should i blame my lack of skill if there is no such thing?

i am only against them, because they make a bad player look like an average one, but doesnt change the fact he/she is a bad player, thats all. i stated my opinion without insulting anyone, thats all.

so do yourself a favor and try to understand if you quote something instead of mindlessly defending your point in an insulting attempt. maybe its time for you to crawl back where you come from, just to say it in your words.

Edited by CDRed

Ignoring the measuring contest here and actually addressing the OP, I'm thinking I'll combine Kira's force leap with... throw lightsaber maybe. Something to get her to stop hacking at the elite while the scrubs hack at me, without having to halt my own output or putting too much threat on her.