Who else is pumped for the new cooldown interface coming today?

Mcfondles

Here is what I'm talking about with the patch today :D I can't wait...

Added several new preferences for cooldown appearance:

-Show Ready Flash: Toggles a bright flash when an ability finishes cooldown.

-Show Global Cooldown Ready Flash: Toggles a bright flash when an ability finishes global cooldown.

-Cooldown Style: Changes the art style for the cooldown graphic.

-Global Cooldown Style: Changes the art style for the global cooldown graphic.

-Show Cooldown Timer: Toggles cooldown time text on top of the ability icon in the quickbar.

They are re-vamping the PTR forum atm which is why you can't find them there yet..
Not that I would check the PTR forum, either, because it may not necessarily be an accurate list of what is or isn't actually being patched into the live game today.

The last thing I want to do at this point is to check the PTR forum for patch notes, find a particular change I'm eager for, only to find out that particular change didn't make it into the live patch, start a QQ on the forums about it prompting BW to hotfix it in within the next day or two, adding an extra day where I don't get to play due to downtime.

It was so hard before to see when your abilities were finished on their cooldown.. Really I would just spam an ability until it would cast.. Because half the time it looked like it was ready..

And now I won't even really have to look.. these new features will make the ability pop out of the corner of your eye.. Which is what you really want you abilities to do.

While it''s nice they are putting these options in, the fact that they are not there already is something to question. It almost seems like UI flexibility wasn't even discussed when building the game. Why do we need patches to add this functionality?, it's not like it's ground-breaking stuff or anything.

While it''s nice they are putting these options in, the fact that they are not there already is something to question. It almost seems like UI flexibility wasn't even discussed when building the game. Why do we need patches to add this functionality?, it's not like it's ground-breaking stuff or anything.

Rome wasn't built in a day :)

Rome wasn't built in a day :)

Who's talking about about Rome?, I'm talking about basic UI functionality. Are you really suggesting that this couldn't have been programmed into the UI options when building the game?, when it's bread and butter of almost every MMO out there?!

Rome wasn't built in a day
They had years to develop this stuff.

It's not too tinfoil to think they purposely left it out so they could release it and say "hey, we listen."

It'll be months before they've finally caught up in terms of common MMO features, before they'll finally start working on some new stuff.

Meh I knew it was a bad idea to respond to the hijackers post... Great now I lost my thread lol.. Btw it's funny how people are really just digging and searching for something to complain about on the forums.. Edited by Mcfondles

Pretty sure BW have taken whoever designed swtors UI out behind the server room and burried him alive by now..

I do feel sorry for the poor bastards that have to FIX the mess whoever was in charge of UI made of it.

Seriously.. need to find out who's in charge of fixing it and send them some coopers and a few panadol.

Cant say that I am particularly excited :)

at the time they changed it and I read all the crap about people will take epileptic fits, I thought that was stupidly outrageous.

Still, choice is never a bad thing and if it helps people who dont like it as it is, im happy.

Edited by Jackobite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.