The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

And how are those people doing non instanced (flashpoints/warzones/operations) content together? Can you call up this friend to assist you with a heroic quest, go to the free for all pvp zone on tatooine or get them to dish pot some payback on an enemy player?

The game is more than just flashpoints, operations and warzones.

You implement something similar to what GW2 will be doing with their server "visit" system.

We should be moving away from server barriers, not clinging to old limitations that only ever existed due to technology not being quite there yet.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to make content easy for something like a cross realm LFG to actually work.
No, the content is totally independent of how the users access it.

Pointless rhetoric.
No, it's a legitimate question, and it's far from pointless...

Thats funny because I remember raids and even dungeons that were challenging enough to wipe many many times in mmos pre x-realm LFD.
They were a snoozefest pre-lfd in wow. If you were having problems with heroics before lfd, that wasn't because they were difficult.

Not so much post x-realm LFD.
immediatly post lfd was an additional tier of gear; not long after that, there was another, even bigger jump in gear.

The content after lfd was easier because people were massively overgeared for it.

Edited by ferroz

Spamming will remain the best way to get groups until there's a cross server lfg, just like it did in rift for all of the shards that weren't in the top 5 most populated.

Most people in my Rift guild either did guild only achievement runs or stopped doing instances all together shortly after LFG went x-realm. Every once in awhile someone in guild would run a x-realm group and watching that person complain during the ordeal and the sheer amount of time it took them to complete a single dungeon compared to our guild runs would remind us all why we weren't using it anymore. My shard wasn't one of the five most populated and the free transfers makes that a non point anyway.

X-Realm LFG was soo succesful for Rift that they came out with "master mode" dungeons that couldn't even be accesed through the tool to keep people from leaving. Just saying.

I am yes for X Server LFG

I still find it hard to believe it was launched with out a in server LFG tool someone been sleeping on the job

P.S and i find it hard to believe over 3 months have passed and we still have no in-server LFG how many people have got dick of wasting there time unsuccesfully looking for groups until bored enough to un-sub and never to return.

Edited by Balthazod

Cant wit for it, i so miss having healers not heal you and tanks boot ppl because "they can" with no damage done to thier reputations on thier server and no possible way to retaliate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, the content is totally independent of how the users access it.

No, it's a legitimate question, and it's far from pointless...

They were a snoozefest pre-lfd in wow. If you were having problems with heroics before lfd, that wasn't because they were difficult.

immediatly post lfd was an additional tier of gear; not long after that, there was another, even bigger jump in gear.

The content after lfd was easier because people were massively overgeared for it.

I was MT up through nax 40 in vanilla. Do you think I had problems with "heroics?"

The content was MADE EASIER, it didn't just get easier on its own or because people became "massively overgeared" with the gear they got out of the same dungeons. WoW dropped the ball on content difficulty to appease the masses after x-realm. They've even admitted that. Nice try.

what if your server has a low population? then you do in fact need a cross server tool to get any flashpoints at all. but i bet your selfish *** doesnt care about the players on these realms.

You have no idea what server I play on and if it is high or low population. This just proves you will say whatever you wish to get your way. People ask for non objective logical reasons I gave one.

Also for your information the character I am currently playing the most is on a low to standard population on Republic side which is outnumbered by Empire. So what's your point?

There isn't actually any non-instanced content; everything in the game is instanced. So that's all actually instanced content.

And here you are wrong again and just saying things to disagree. Some heroic quests are instanced but others aren't. Also those instances are part of the planet and server that is why you can still hear and speak in general chat while in those pseudo-instances unlike a flashpoint or warzone that you can only speak to and hear people who are inside the instance in general. Then there's contested zones and the free for all pvp zone on Tatooine and Ilum. All those things are NOT instanced.

Please try again.

You implement something similar to what GW2 will be doing with their server "visit" system.

We should be moving away from server barriers, not clinging to old limitations that only ever existed due to technology not being quite there yet.

Sounds like a good idea. It will take time to implement and with the legacy system that might cause some issues I do not know.

Cant wit for it, i so miss having healers not heal you and tanks boot ppl because "they can" with no damage done to thier reputations on thier server and no possible way to retaliate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I healed for a very long time through LFG in WoW. I was a very good healer. The only time I didn't heal was when a DPS pulled the second (and subsequent) time, and then it was only that bad DPS that suffered the penalty. Players who can't learn from words may learn from death.

As a healer, why in the world would I launch the LFG tool if my intent was to NOT heal the FP? How stupidly pointless would that be?

Is the anti-LFG community so devoid of legitimate arguments that they have to invent unlikely scenarios?

EDIT: For the record, I do the same thing when I have to spam for a group in this game. If a DPS pulls after being warned not to, they get no healing on that pull. Depending on which tank I'm running with, they may also get to keep all the aggro for themselves until they're dead, too.

Edited by DarthTHC

I healed for a very long time through LFG in WoW. I was a very good healer. The only time I didn't heal was when a DPS pulled the second (and subsequent) time, and then it was only that bad DPS that suffered the penalty. Players who can't learn from words may learn from death.

The fact that you had to set your own fail standards says all there needs to be said about x-realm.

Edited by Vlaxitov

The fact that you had to set your own fail standards says all there needs to be said about x-realm.

Except that it happens frequently in groups I get by spamming Fleet, too. Neither single-server LFG nor the absense of LFG fixes the problem of bad DPS. Cross-server LFG doesn't worsen it.

The only thing cross-server LFG does in that regard is make it so you get more groups so you get to see more of the bad (and the good!) players more frequently.

Because the servers can not police themselves. In a LFG system the bad player that afks or ninjas can continue to keep doing it. Without a LFG auto invite system the player that does this will get the reputatation and after a while will not get invited to any groups because of what he did.

What it also adds is the people who will begin ninjaing stuff because they got stuff ninjaed from them.

There is no good that comes from a auto invite LFG system its just Bioware asking for 10x more problems then they already have with the game if they add it. If they do add it then you both deserve what you get.

The problem with your theory is you assume that all people are ******es and only act nice because of repercussions. This absolutely false.

You have no idea what server I play on and if it is high or low population. This just proves you will say whatever you wish to get your way. People ask for non objective logical reasons I gave one.

Also for your information the character I am currently playing the most is on a low to standard population on Republic side which is outnumbered by Empire. So what's your point?

my point is that people cannot make a flashpoint group on my realm. so after awhile, they give up. and they dont want to play anymore. so they cancel sub and the problem gets worse for those left behind.

its pretty simple to understand why a low pop realm gets more benifit from a cross server tool more than a high pop realm does. since your on a low pop realm yourself, it should be obvious. or perhaps your one of the lucky ones that has a few guild mates with you. but in that case your just ignorant to those that are struggling to just make a fp group. this tool will help them, why do you oppose

Except that it happens frequently in groups I get by spamming Fleet, too. Neither single-server LFG nor the absense of LFG fixes the problem of bad DPS. Cross-server LFG doesn't worsen it.

Really, so you never evolve from pugging to regular groups with people in games like these? If you do, you have standards and a point in which you let the people you play with regularly die during dungeons if they don't do the right things? I'm calling BS.

I was MT up through nax 40 in vanilla. Do you think I had problems with "heroics?"

The content was MADE EASIER, it didn't just get easier on its own or because people became "massively overgeared" with the gear they got out of the same dungeons. WoW dropped the ball on content difficulty to appease the masses after x-realm. They've even admitted that. Nice try.

do you think bioware could make the content in this game any easier? if you are right, the game is already prepared for x-realm.

the game is already ultra casual, no public combat logs, easy raid content. but newer players that reach level 50 and want to grind out some flashpoints simply cannot do it. that is bad for everyone

As a healer, why in the world would I launch the LFG tool if my intent was to NOT heal the FP? How stupidly pointless would that be?

Is the anti-LFG community so devoid of legitimate arguments that they have to invent unlikely scenarios?

EDIT: For the record, I do the same thing when I have to spam for a group in this game. If a DPS pulls after being warned not to, they get no healing on that pull. Depending on which tank I'm running with, they may also get to keep all the aggro for themselves until they're dead, too.

Good for you, but to say i invented the senario...well, thats BS.

I can recall 100's of lovley tank vs. Healer fights that broke up groups, tanks announcing on queue that "All loot was thiers, dont like it? sit in queue for another 30mins noobs", Healers going AFK for over 10mins several times, DPS running all over aggroing everything in sight to wipe "for ***** and giggles", and many many more exciting and fun times had in x-server LFD.

And i was always thrilled to know that no one on thier servers knew this, no one in thier guild knew they acted this way because in any other aspect of the game they simply didnt. They did these things simply because they could. You see when you give humans free range to act like idiots...they always take you up on it.

Really, so you never evolve from pugging to regular groups with people in games like these? If you do, you have standards and a point in which you let the people you play with regularly die during dungeons if they don't do the right things? I'm calling BS.

Sure I have people who I've identified as good players that I can group with. But in order to do that, we need:

• 4 of us to be online at the same time
  • Of the 4, 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 DPS
  • All of us have enough time left to play to finish whatever FP we pick
  • None of us occupied with anything else

It happens, but for someone who likes to chain-run FP's, it doesn't happen enough for me.

What's your real issue with cross-server? If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. But why do you want to prevent others from using it?

Could you imagine if the Amish ruled the world? Because they don't like technology, you wouldn't get to drive a car or use a computer or even a telephone. Why you bein' Amish bro?

my point is that people cannot make a flashpoint group on my realm. so after awhile, they give up. and they dont want to play anymore. so they cancel sub and the problem gets worse for those left behind.

The reason it may be hard to find a group is because,

A. You were behind the leveling curve.

B. You were behind the leveling curve.

C. All of the above.

The problem is the game, not some lack of a grouping tool. Character progression is a give away at the end of this game so it takes about a dozen or so HM runs to get everything you want outside of raiding. Untill they fix that and get level 50's actually wanting to play the game again, adding LFG tools is kind of like building a fish farm in an oil well.

Edited by Vlaxitov

Good for you, but to say i invented the senario...well, thats BS.

I can recall 100's of lovley tank vs. Healer fights that broke up groups, tanks announcing on queue that "All loot was thiers, dont like it? sit in queue for another 30mins noobs", Healers going AFK for over 10mins several times, DPS running all over aggroing everything in sight to wipe "for ***** and giggles", and many many more exciting and fun times had in x-server LFD.

And i was always thrilled to know that no one on thier servers knew this, no one in thier guild knew they acted this way because in any other aspect of the game they simply didnt. They did these things simply because they could. You see when you give humans free range to act like idiots...they always take you up on it.

The interesting thing about this game is that I can usually find a tank quickly, I'm a healer, and we're often challenged to find DPS. I don't think Tanks will be able to hold groups hostage like that in this game.

Besides, that was a reportable and bannable offense in that other game. Besides again, nobody will FORCE YOU TO USE IT if you don't want to use it.

What's to stop anyone from doing any of that in a single-server LFG scenario? They still get the group to pop quickly. Since there's no spamming, any warnings to general chat will be useless.

Most people in my Rift guild either did guild only achievement runs or stopped doing instances all together shortly after LFG went x-realm. Every once in awhile someone in guild would run a x-realm group and watching that person complain during the ordeal and the sheer amount of time it took them to complete a single dungeon compared to our guild runs would remind us all why we weren't using it anymore. My shard wasn't one of the five most populated and the free transfers makes that a non point anyway.

X-Realm LFG was soo succesful for Rift that they came out with "master mode" dungeons that couldn't even be accesed through the tool to keep people from leaving. Just saying.

If its there and you don't use it why would it bother you. You appear to have the benefit of having a active guild but not all players do and not all servers are the same. The X server LFG makes it possible, even it is if sometimes a less then positive experience, for all the people to play the game. This not only applies to servers lacking active guilds but also for people that play at off-peak times or work shifts so there play times vary.

Elitist need to get theirs heads out there arses and realize that new players are needed to keep the MMO alive and as such they will not know all the etiquette or the mechanics of every instance so a little patience is needed.

Edited by Balthazod