Open Socket Bracers

Rangrangmigo

Why does there exist no medium, 2 open socket bracers or belts?

I realize they are listed on torhead, but has anybody ever seen them? I haven't, while I have seen numerous of the imperial agent, bounty hunter, sith inquisitor, and even sith warrior versions in heavy armor.

Marauders got shafted here. I have been able to pick up a pilot belt from the flight vendor for the sockets, but I'd like to see some kind of medium armor version available to my class.

Is it possible that they exist but are very rare so that you have just never seen them?

Everything is possible, which is why I added

I realize they are listed on torhead, but has anybody ever seen them?
into my original post.

Statistics and science are amazing - everything is possible. :)

Are there orange belts/bracers that aren't class specific? I guess I've never paid attention to that possibility.

Adding: In the most recent Q&A the question about all social gear being light was asked, with the answer being along the lines of "we are looking at changing that."

Edited by DiLune

Are there orange belts/bracers that aren't class specific? I guess I've never paid attention to that possibility.

Adding: In the most recent Q&A the question about all social gear being light was asked, with the answer being along the lines of "we are looking at changing that."

The Pilot belt is light, with no class requirement, but I haven't seen any bracers. If these exist, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks! :)

there are multiple world drop moddable belt and bracers for heavy, medium, and light armor wearers. for light only, you can get the pilot's belt from a specific vendor on the fleet.

i did my research and found i could mod them in a way that actually makes them far superior to the non-mastercrafted rakata and battlemaster gear, so i've been using them instead.

here is a list of available bracers for heavy/medium/light armor wearer's:

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/mods/eq/1/and/quality/4/slot/5

here is a list of available belts for heavy/medium/light armor wearer's:

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/mods/eq/1/and/quality/4/slot/6

note: torhead displays these items as having augment slots, but they actually only have an Armor slot and a Mod slot.

Edited by vaelphor

The Pilot belt is light, with no class requirement, but I haven't seen any bracers. If these exist, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks! :)

not sure what you were looking for based on that comment, but if your OK with light bracers, the nar shadaa dancer set has a light wrist with slots iirc. not at home to check it and see, but I thought it was moddable

not sure what you were looking for based on that comment, but if your OK with light bracers, the nar shadaa dancer set has a light wrist with slots iirc. not at home to check it and see, but I thought it was moddable

Do you know the location of this vendor? I can't seem to find the NPC. All I found was one NPC with a slave set, but there were no bracers.

Edited by Rangrangmigo

They're called bracelets IIRC but they go in the glove slot, not the wrist slot.

You can get orange belts and bracers from prototype reward boxes, bought with commendations, as a rare drop. You can also get them from champion-level world mobs, as a rare drop. You can get a (light only) belt for fleet commendations at the starship upgrades vendor.

Edited by Aloro

They're called bracelets IIRC but they go in the glove slot, not the wrist slot.

he was correct ;P just checked last night. I have a pair of moddable wrists on my sage, but I believe they were a random drop on my Shadow.

the light/meduim/heavy belt and bracers are random world drops.

They are exceedinly rare.

Most of the are class specific and I wager that a lot of people dont bother selling them on the GTN they use them or vendor them which certainly does not help get them into the hands of people that want them.

Hopefully there will be other ways of obtaining them.

but as nice as they are a good set of purple crafted ones are just as good.

the light/meduim/heavy belt and bracers are random world drops.

They are exceedinly rare.

Most of the are class specific and I wager that a lot of people dont bother selling them on the GTN they use them or vendor them which certainly does not help get them into the hands of people that want them.

Hopefully there will be other ways of obtaining them.

but as nice as they are a good set of purple crafted ones are just as good.

I understand this, but have you ever seen bracers available to marauders? This is my focus, not bracers for other classes.

Another Marauder from my guild and I have been trying to get these for some time now. We've picked up a varying assortment of orange bracers/belts for all other classes except marauders. We also both check the GTM for marauder bracers on a regular basis but they're never there. I'm wondering myself if these actually exist in-game or not...

I understand these are rare but after seeing every OTHER classes orange belt/bracers and not medium armor Marauder ones I'm starting to think someone may have not actually implemented them.

I think this has been overlooked and is a mistake by the devs at Bioware.

Marauders had Heavy Armor just before the game shipped.

So, still being classified as Sith Warriors but now using Medium armor, Marauders cannot use the Sith Warrior Heavy Bracers/Belts.

The only way to go now is to use the Light armor Bracers/Belts... :(

I understand this, but have you ever seen bracers available to marauders? This is my focus, not bracers for other classes.

They do not exist. The medium orange ones that do exist in game all have restrictions for Agent.

Chalk this up as another fail on Bioware's part that has been pointed out multiple times since launch and still no word / fix.

And I'm not sure light armor would work either, other than the belt sold for commendations from space mission as all the drops have class restrictions.

I guess it must be real hard to simply drop the 'Requires Imperial Agent' requirement on the random drop medium belt / bracers or to add a set that 'Requires Sith Warrior'.

Edited by DawnAskham

-_- apparently reading is difficult. i currently have a pair of medium armor orange moddable bracers on my marauader with the requirement for "sith warrior"... they are a random world drop, and they are quite rare. however, there is a chest on voss behind the boss mob named Kanis. i farmed the chest and kanis for over a week before i finally got them. kanis is on a 5 minute respawn timer, and the rank 5 chest that's behind him respawns every 30 minutes.

he hits like a truck, so you need to use the little rock ledge next to him to have him kinda "wonk out" a bit while allowing your healing companion to keep you up. if you get low, jump up on the little cliff, and then back down once he gets close. after your companion tops you off, you fight him a little more until you get low, then jump back up on the rock until you are healed to full again... rinse repeat and s+fu about moddable medium armor bracers not being available for sith warriors because they are... you just haven't worked hard enough to deserve them yet.

oh, and once you get them, you can throw rank 25 (ilvl 58) stated mods into it which make them better than any bracers currently available in game -- even better than the rakata bracers.

http://www.torhead.com/item/8u52YZ6/sith-annihilators-armguards

edit: http://dulfy.net/2012/02/22/orange-bracersbelts-and-light-armoring-modding/

Edited by vaelphor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.