The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which spec for Powertech PVP DPS

Mediia

Which of the following specs has better damage output in PVP? Remember this is from a pure damage output perspective. I'm trying to pick which one to use so I can start buying gear.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhMbdGGMs.1

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010zZrsMrobckZfhMbdh.1

I would think it's the second spec that does better DPS because you get auto crit rail shots and the CD resets as well. But I am not sure which is why I'm making this thread. What's your opinion on which is better damage output?

Automated defenses will not affect thermal detonator and the 2 skills it does work for are rather mediocre, it's best use is probably incendiary missile, which is meh. Only pure pve builds would take that one over energy rebounder, as the shield seems much better in pvp. The first build is what I use too and I can confirm it does awesome damage. Edited by Korevas

Automated defenses will not affect thermal detonator and the 2 skills it does work for are rather mediocre, it's best use is probably incendiary missile, which is meh. Only pure pve builds would take that one over energy rebounder, as the shield seems much better in pvp. The first build is what I use too and I can confirm it does awesome damage.

Do u only use incendiary missile on long range targets? or must it always be up even at melee range

They all work, Carolina Parakeet is prob the most popular, and I ran it for some time, once I went for full Pyro I never went back, with that said I miss my Rocket Jump ( Only in hutball though ).

ONLY Class that is hard for me in 1v1 situation ( Good luck finding a one on one fight ) is a Mara/Sent with CD's up....Everything else is a free kill, with Sorc/Sage being the just a LoLacoster ( And they say neff them, hope they do, then I can kill 3 at a time )

the class which should be hardest for you is powertech shield or another pyro powertech :D

I have problems with shadows/assasin, there are some very good players who can kill me for seconds.

Edited by Koynov

In a 1 on 1 situation the two classes that should be the most difficult (when played right) will be assassin/shadow and marauder/sentinel when specced and played right, the marauder/sentinel is particularly dangerous when all their cool downs are available.

These two are probably the best dueling classes out there right now.

The one spec is the one I run and it is pretty much the standard. You will have the most DPS per fight in fact even one of the top in the whole game.

Yes Marauders/Sents are the worst for it though especially because of them being pretty much immune to all damage for 5 seconds. This is a good time to use Electro Dart and/or Carbonize and get some distance!

In a 1 on 1 situation the two classes that should be the most difficult (when played right) will be assassin/shadow and marauder/sentinel when specced and played right, the marauder/sentinel is particularly dangerous when all their cool downs are available.

These two are probably the best dueling classes out there right now.

what spec of assassin/shadow are you referring to?

When going Pyro DPS like above, how do u match the Carolina Parakeet in getting medals? (when not Guard)

Whitout the armour bonuses do you have problem with keeping alive?

Is this a 10m playstyle or does it work in a distance?

Thx