BioWare - Ilum is Broken Again...

Kadion

It seems that Ilum is broken once again, at least on Naddist Rebels. As of Saturday evening...

1. Kills are no longer giving credit towards daily/weekly, and awarding no valor

2. Upon entering the area, you no longer get the Ilum quests

3. Objectives are bugged, can't capture/repair them etc.

4. The zone is not considered a "PvP" zone (you can't use PvP-only item such as Warzone medpack or stim)

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just Naddist Rebbels?

I'm kinda disappointed that this is happening again.

edit: Changed title, hopefully it will get more attention

Edited by Kadion

Noooo.... realy ???

this entire game is broken since the beta and nothing have changed...

Biofail.

Let's not resort to hyperbole. This game does a lot of things well, and BioWare has been pretty good at responding to issues that come up.

Having said that, they obviously have not found the root cause of the Ilum problems and should devote some more resources to figuring this out.

It seems that Ilum is broken once again, at least on Naddist Rebels. As of Saturday evening...

1. Kills are no longer giving credit towards daily/weekly, and awarding no valor

4. The zone is not considered a "PvP" zone (you can't use PvP-only item such as Warzone medpack or stim)

I wish they'd change the mechanics of Ilum so that the objectives aren't quest log-tracked.

This problem alone is what causes the massive client "hitching" when you are in an Ops group and one of the objectives changes control from Imp to Repub and vice versa.

The client not only has to update your quest log, but the quest log tracking of everyone in your group/ops group. Which causes MASSIVE "hitching" and sometimes client crashes.

an absolute legit fight. we are outnumbered to imps 1/3

1 kill

1 kill

1 kill

they are dumb enough to get close to cannon. cannon goes boom

1 kill

1 kill

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

today i promised myself - if they will not fix this in a one week, i unsub, just for the sake of protest.

mind you again - absolutely legit fight, no intentional kill trading, people goes nuts on each other, almost 2 full rep ops at start.

None of this was affecting me over the weekend. I completed two dailies and my weekly over the weekend. Works for me. :(

Edited by Daeborn

an absolute legit fight. we are outnumbered to imps 1/3

1 kill

1 kill

1 kill

they are dumb enough to get close to cannon. cannon goes boom

1 kill

1 kill

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

No Valor Gained

today i promised myself - if they will not fix this in a one week, i unsub, just for the sake of protest.

mind you again - absolutely legit fight, no intentional kill trading, people goes nuts on each other, almost 2 full rep ops at start.

Question: For any of those kills, did you get the message, "...killed too recently and is worth no valor"?

If so, it could be that many of those people are exploiting the /stuck bug.

Edited by Nangasaur

None of this was affecting me over the weekend.

I'm pretty sure this is only happening on our server, otherwise I'd expect a lot more forum activity on the subject.

I was lucky enough to finish my daily mission before this happened on Saturday, but according to some people who were playing at the time it just stopped working for no apparent reason.

Question: For any of those kills, did you get the message, "...killed too recently and is worth no valor"?

I'm aware of the cooldown that they added a couple of patches ago.

I doubt that's why we're not getting valor though. I guess it's possible that abusing the /stuck bug could be responsible for breaking the mechanics in Ilum, but the fact is that it IS broken right now for whatever reason.

It's like the game doesn't recognize the zone as a PvP zone (as evidenced by my 4th point about not being able to use PvP-only items).

no, of course not. i know what are you talking about, and this is surely another issue - their "abuse blocker" or how did they called it in the patch notes work in progress.

thing is, that after you get locked with this No Valor Gained you have to die to reset it. then again its 2-4 kills registered into No Valor Gained.

i wonder may be i should start a thread about this, since it might happen its only our server problem.

Corrected.
No, not corrected.

People not grouped with you (or ops group), won't effect the client hitching YOU encounter.

Only people in your group/ops group, will effect your client hitching because of quest log updating.

Server-side lag or latency, however, (which is completely different from FPS loss due to client hitching), would apply to what you are talking about.

Please don't incorrectly correct me in the future. Thanks.

For a demonstration, drop your group entirely and go soloing with the "zerg" fighting force. No more client hitching when an Ilum objective changes hands.

Edited by Nangasaur

Actually, I was on at 3AM sat morn and this issue was occurring. I think at this point someone put a 1 where a 0 should have been. At 12AM, if game = working properly then disable valor gain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.