The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How did he do it? Voidstar.

Fischer_King

Was playing my Repub alt today...attacker in Voidstar

- and was the first person to the bridges. I activated my bridge...literally just as the red shield across the bridge goes down...

We have a bomb planted!! On our side (bridge side) nonetheless. So I look over @ the other bridge...its not open yet, and why would this guy run over to our side anyhow?

So how did he get over to that side, plant a bomb well before the bridge was even extended?

No, I wasn't lagging. No, he didn't have faster force speed than me.

Edited by Fischer_King

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- and was the first person to the bridges. I activated my bridge...literally just as the red shield across the bridge goes down...

We have a bomb planted!! On our side (bridge side) nonetheless. So I look over @ the other bridge...its not open yet, and why would this guy run over to our side anyhow?

So how did he get over to that side, plant a bomb well before the bridge was even extended?

He was from the guild "The Guardians" and his name was "Refugee".

No, I wasn't lagging. No, he didn't have faster force speed than me.

Someone probably charge across. What class was he?

Also, your sig is awesome.

another player exploiting as per usual thats all it shows.

and yes thats got to be fixed so you are unable to jump across lol

Exploiting?

Yes because it's not like the devs just sat there herp derping and decided to move the ledges closer together and remove the barrier at just that spot then wonder why people are jumping across it. Yep totally not intended *rollseyes*

Lol - I see that getting changed pretty soon. Only available to 1 class (+ mirror)...makes it OP & my main characters are Sage & Shadow.

Any Warrior/Knight can charge across and Any Inquisitor/Consular can sprint across. Some PTs/Vanguards can also charge across. So you're left with 3/8 classes cannot... it's a minority that can't get across.

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

Marauders can do it if they spec into increased Predation and the Defenders can use the speed boost just in front of that pit to cross over to the offensive side.

I only see a minor issue with it, that being it makes the already incredibly utility-based Sorcs have more utility.

I say this having a Sorc alt, of course.

Where is this an exploit? At worst an oversight by BW. Easy to fix if the increase the gab just about 3-5 meters by just reducing both plattforms accordingly.

Where is this an exploit? At worst an oversight by BW. Easy to fix if the increase the gab just about 3-5 meters by just reducing both plattforms accordingly.

If they're going to fix it then they need to block it off. Because any class with a lunge will still be able to leap across.

If they're going to fix it then they need to block it off. Because any class with a lunge will still be able to leap across.

This, however, requires that there be a defender over there standing in the right spot. The only thing cheap about Force Speed etc working is that an attacker can get over there while the defenders are locked in their spawn room.

A fun thing that I've started doing as a Jedi Guardian is when I die in the second section of void star when I'm defending I can usually have one of my team mates come to the middle section of the bridge. At that point I will usually Guardian Leap back to the other side of the bridge and keep defending. It's a pretty amazing tactic.

A fun thing that I've started doing as a Jedi Guardian is when I die in the second section of void star when I'm defending I can usually have one of my team mates come to the middle section of the bridge. At that point I will usually Guardian Leap back to the other side of the bridge and keep defending. It's a pretty amazing tactic.

on my healer I Rescue people across their all the time. Some people are too quick to surrender the bridges.

Doesn't look like an exploit actually since the devs created a platform that is close together and they even put a sprint buff for defenders. The platform is sticking out at the center. It looks like it is really there for some classes to jump into.

If you're on Swiftsure this was probably me, i was running WZ's all day today and did this every Voidstar.

I kept getting questioned from my group asking how i was capping the doors before the bridges were extended.

When i said i just force sprint + jumped across i got flamed by all the scrubs who said that wasn't possible and the gap was too far and i was a speed hacker/exploiter/teleporter etc

Again I told them that the gap is exactly the right distance if you time a force sprint + jump perfectly. So then they all tried and fell to their deaths and flamed me some more.

Seriously it's not my fault that other players are hopeless, the devs obviously designed the gap to be utilized this way, they extended both ledges out, removed the forcefield from that area and even added a sprint buff on the other side......seriously l2p nubs the gap is there to be used.

I swear some people won't be happy until there is no skill involved in the game.

Edited by Evuke

Exploiting?

Yes because it's not like the devs just sat there herp derping and decided to move the ledges closer together and remove the barrier at just that spot then wonder why people are jumping across it. Yep totally not intended *rollseyes*

Any Warrior/Knight can charge across and Any Inquisitor/Consular can sprint across. Some PTs/Vanguards can also charge across. So you're left with 3/8 classes cannot... it's a minority that can't get across.

Warriors/Knights need a target on the other side - they can't just He-man across it.

Pts/ Vanguards also need a target. - They can't charge the edge as it isn't targetable.

I said 1 class & the mirror - that covers Inquisitor/Consular.

The OP part is that 1 class (+mirror) can leap across without any other contributing factors.

If BW's past changes remain consistent, this will be changed.

grats on the exploit

Ok, so devs program 2 ledges in the game, both poking out in a way that they make it the exact jumping distance classes with sprint to jump across, they also remove the forcefield for just that area, and they put a sprint buff on the opposite ledge.

How the friggin hell is that an exploit exactly when obviously the devs deliberately went out of their way to program it in, instead of just having a forcefield stretch across the whole map with no ledges?

People like you won't be happy until the wz's are just 1v1 deathmatches with every class only allowed to hit each other for 1 damage per hit......anything that negates using any skill or tactics.

Edited by Evuke