With all the Legacy talk, what level is yours anyway?

Bizwolf

Searched but couldn't find a thread like this. Mind you I searched for 15 seconds.

Sitting at 23 1/2 and it seems the only way it goes up fast is leveling another alt all over.

I'm guessing the average is 15 or so and the most has to be up in the 30's or maybe even 40's by now.

5 on my solo server.

6 on the server where I have two 35s that I play with my wife.

Considering I've had lots of change to play since being unemployed since December I can't imagine how the hell you got to legacy 23 in the same amount of time. But oh well, new job starting tomorrow but at least I have at least one character up to 49. :)

With all the high lvl legacy levels I am sure whenever the get around to adding it to the game those levels are going to be useless. Probably gonna need lvl 120 to get the first legacy bonus.

You realize the first Legacy level takes 240k experience, increasing with each new level, right?

The exp needed to get from 49 - 50 is ~455k. So no, we won't be requiring 120 levels of legacy. Jesus. The current high levels of Legacy are exactly what they are: -High-.

Edited by AkilZodiac

With all the high lvl legacy levels I am sure whenever the get around to adding it to the game those levels are going to be useless. Probably gonna need lvl 120 to get the first legacy bonus.

I'm guessing that whatever bioware does, they'll alienate people.

The casuals who are just reaching level 10 will not get much if you need a high level to get something.

The hard core gamers who have triple the level won't have anything to look forward to if they get everything right away.

And getting something every 10 legacy levels would be silly. Then why do you need to gain the levels inbetween if they dont give you anything.

On the other hand, are they really going to hand out 30+ unique bonuses with 1.2?

I'm guessing that whatever bioware does, they'll alienate people.

The casuals who are just reaching level 10 will not get much if you need a high level to get something.

The hard core gamers who have triple the level won't have anything to look forward to if they get everything right away.

And getting something every 10 legacy levels would be silly. Then why do you need to gain the levels inbetween if they dont give you anything.

On the other hand, are they really going to hand out 30+ unique bonuses with 1.2?

Look forward to?

The point of the Legacy system isn't to be excited about what you'll get next. It's about what perks you have/can use after you re-roll. If you get all the perks as soon as it's released, then you can make alts that are peaked and can make full use of the system.

What you should be looking forward to is your new alt. It takes way too long to level up your Legacy for you to be actively trying to farm Legacy exp for new perks.

Edited by AkilZodiac

Look forward to?

The point of the Legacy system isn't to be excited about what you'll get next. It's about what perks you have/can use after you re-roll. If you get all the perks as soon as it's released, then you can make alts that are peaked and can make full use of the system.

What you should be looking forward to is your new alt. It takes way too long to level up your Legacy for you to be actively trying to farm Legacy exp for new perks.

They have already said that the legacy system applies to alts you have already created so...

Look forward to?

I like the feeling of progression I get when I level up and earn a new skill, and I assume it will be the same with the perks in the legacy system, therefore I vow to remain level 1 legacy until the system is in place

I like the feeling of progression I get when I level up and earn a new skill, and I assume it will be the same with the perks in the legacy system, therefore I vow to remain level 1 legacy until the system is in place

It takes 240k exp to level up your legacy the first level.

You get ~1/3rd of any normal exp you get as legacy exp. Starting at level 1 exp won't help your feeling of progression because you are most likely going to get your first level of Legacy around the level 20 - 30 mark.

It it not feasible to think that Legacy perks are anything like skills you get while leveling up normally, because the pace at which you level your Legacy leaves no room for excitement.

Think of it like having the exp to get to level 2 be 240k exp, and you only earn around 200 exp per quest and 2-5 exp per kill. You won't be thinking about the skills you'll be getting once you level, you'll be groaning at how long it is taking.

Edited by AkilZodiac

legacy level 19 here, thats with 2 50's and a few alts under 20.

i am really worried its gonna take high legacy levels to have anything worthwhile. We were recently talking about the legacy system in our guild and we all pretty much agreed with the amount of time those of us with multiple 50's have in the game that legacy level 20 or so will probably be the STARTING point to see any real benefits.

I really hope BW makes a sane decision with how to implement legacy and doesnt require insane amounts of playing time to see the benefits of it.

legacy level 19 here, thats with 2 50's and a few alts under 20.

i am really worried its gonna take high legacy levels to have anything worthwhile. We were recently talking about the legacy system in our guild and we all pretty much agreed with the amount of time those of us with multiple 50's have in the game that legacy level 20 or so will probably be the STARTING point to see any real benefits.

I really hope BW makes a sane decision with how to implement legacy and doesnt require insane amounts of playing time to see the benefits of it.

You realize that's insane, right? Any new players that start their Legacy will not be amused, to put it lightly.

Thinking that you need multiple 50s to START getting Legacy perks is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by AkilZodiac