What I hate about the Jedi's in the Movies...

Janeos

The fact that they break their own rules.

Episode I Qui-Gon to Padame : We can't fight a war for you.

Episode III Geivous to the promoted Kenobi who is sent to end the war: General Kenobi. You are a bold one.

He was saying he didn't have soldiers, he still went out to fight when they formed a plan, WAY to interpret dialogue.

Obi-Wan to Luke: Vader betrayed and Murdered your father.

After being caught in a lie instead of owning up to it Obi-Wan: What I said was true from a certain point of view.

Cause fomenting anger in your young pupil who's already all screwed up and too old is a good deal huh?

Jedi were required to learn that, although they were able to use the Force, they were no better than those who could not.

Qui-Gon to Boss Nass using force persuade: We could use a transport.

Boss Nass : We sa give yousa bongo.

Qui-Gon to Wado using force persuade: Credits will do fine.

Wado : No they wont

Qui-Gon to Wado appearing annoyed agian trying to use force persuade: Credits will do fine.

Wado: NO THEY WON'T.

It's a tool, doesn't make them better. The fact they needed a way out of those situations supersedes personal gain.

Honor Your Padawan:

A Jedi Master was required to know that they must treat their Padawan with respect. They should never reprimand his Padawan in public

Obi-Wan to Anikin in front of Padame and her Securty: You will learn your place young one.

What about not calling out your master? Takes precedence.

A Jedi will not kill an unarmed opponent.

Mace Windu to Anikin with unarmed Palpatin on the ground : He is too dangous to be left alive.

Palpi: I'm too weak

Anikin : You can't it's not the Jedi way.

Mace raises sword

Palpi: Please Don't

Anikin:I need him.

Mace starts to bring sword down

Papli: Please don't

Anikin: NOOO !!

Anikin cuts off Maces hand.

Necessity overcomes it? If he was put on trial he'd come out clean, Jedi were spread thin throughout the galaxy and if not for Vader he'd be gone for a long while until the clone business happened.

Hmmm the fact that they don't seem to give a f*** about pupils feelings.

Anakin is strong in the force but he misses his mother, I'm sure someone could have made it so his mother was safe - even if he wasn't allowed to live with her - might have made him feel better than "Yea Anakin your really powerful but forget your mother we can't be bothered to do a favour for our strongest ever pupil, even though we could" it would have gone along way to know that his mother was safe on Alderaan or Coruscant.

Or

When he mentioned about the nightmares considering that he was right the last time he had them, why didn't someone do a dark-force check? or something. Also why were the Jedi all scattered around the Galaxy as they were? Really the Temple on Coruscant has a few Masters and Younglings - oh wait I can't forget the one Teenage Jedi that kicks the s*** outta the clones outside the Temple before dying - in the middle of a major war? I'd be expecting a response something like the Sith intro for SWTOR in the Main Jedi Temple in the Galaxy.

Or

Anakin... Anakin, Anakin, Anakin... Mace Windu, one of the guys you seem to be trying so hard to gain the trust of tells you he'll trust you if what you say is right. Yea Palpatine said he could - in not as many words but still - save Padme. Personally i'd be wondering how this old fart knows what i'm dreaming. But yea he then grasses on Palpatine to Mace Windu who in true Samuel L. Jackson style owns face, but then changes his mind and goes there and ends up saving then submitting to a Dark Lord of the Sith... W-T-F. Anakin basically goes from been Good (But still been prone to anger) in the Second film, to I'm going to Kill Kids and strangle my beloved wife with the force, then try to kill the only person who's trusted me fully. Nice Writing there George! Give yourself a pat on the back. It would have been more realistic if Anakin had said "Listen Palp, I know she was alive when I left her, Yea I may have left the planet with only 55% of my body mass but I ain't no fool" Before Force B****slapping Palpatine and having a tantrum.

Lastly this ain't about Jedi but a pet peave of mine with the Prequels (Which believe it or not I enjoyed lol) where the hell was the Republic Army before the clones? No Organisation would get as powerful as the Republic without some form of Military. The only non Clone forces we see are the Organa forces onboard the Senators ship.

They don't use the force enough. Why not use Force Speed? Why not hurl debris while you are fighting with the lightsaber instead of separately like in Ep2 and Ep5? I'm sorry but with the exception of the Obi/Anakin duel in Ep3, the Jedi/Sith battles in the SWTOR trailers were more exciting then the real fights in the movies.

That's a matter of honorable combat. Sith use the other items as a diversion ... never really for damage. Jedi go mano y mano. Also the Jedi don't use the force as a crutch. This is actually elaborated on in the EU.

Hmmm the fact that they don't seem to give a f*** about pupils feelings.

Anakin is strong in the force but he misses his mother, I'm sure someone could have made it so his mother was safe - even if he wasn't allowed to live with her - might have made him feel better than "Yea Anakin your really powerful but forget your mother we can't be bothered to do a favour for our strongest ever pupil, even though we could" it would have gone along way to know that his mother was safe on Alderaan or Coruscant.

Problem here is they did in fact try to take Shmi with them. At the time Watto was still 'bustling' and wasn't willing to give up both Shmi and Anakin. The Republic had no 'jurisdiction' on Tattoine and thus had really no say in the slave market. Shmi let him go for a better life. Anakin was older than they would have normally taken him to the academy .... he had already built attachments. Qui-Gon defied the council and was going to train Anakin anyways.

Or

When he mentioned about the nightmares considering that he was right the last time he had them, why didn't someone do a dark-force check? or something. Also why were the Jedi all scattered around the Galaxy as they were? Really the Temple on Coruscant has a few Masters and Younglings - oh wait I can't forget the one Teenage Jedi that kicks the s*** outta the clones outside the Temple before dying - in the middle of a major war? I'd be expecting a response something like the Sith intro for SWTOR in the Main Jedi Temple in the Galaxy.

Dark Force check .... well they didn't sense it before. It was shrouded. Nothing saying they didn't try. Jedi scattered around the Galaxy .... because there was already a war going on. The separatists were trying to invade other areas as part of Palpatine's master plan. The one Teen on the balcony .... there was an invasion similar to your SWTOR except it wasn't Sith (as there were only 2). The teen essentially escaped the original rush and was trying to escape.

Or

Anakin... Anakin, Anakin, Anakin... Mace Windu, one of the guys you seem to be trying so hard to gain the trust of tells you he'll trust you if what you say is right. Yea Palpatine said he could - in not as many words but still - save Padme. Personally i'd be wondering how this old fart knows what i'm dreaming. But yea he then grasses on Palpatine to Mace Windu who in true Samuel L. Jackson style owns face, but then changes his mind and goes there and ends up saving then submitting to a Dark Lord of the Sith... W-T-F. Anakin basically goes from been Good (But still been prone to anger) in the Second film, to I'm going to Kill Kids and strangle my beloved wife with the force, then try to kill the only person who's trusted me fully. Nice Writing there George! Give yourself a pat on the back. It would have been more realistic if Anakin had said "Listen Palp, I know she was alive when I left her, Yea I may have left the planet with only 55% of my body mass but I ain't no fool" Before Force B****slapping Palpatine and having a tantrum.

Lastly this ain't about Jedi but a pet peave of mine with the Prequels (Which believe it or not I enjoyed lol) where the hell was the Republic Army before the clones? No Organisation would get as powerful as the Republic without some form of Military. The only non Clone forces we see are the Organa forces onboard the Senators ship.

I feel you missed the entire essence of Anakin's attachment to Palpatine. This is over the course of years. His dedication to Padme and Palpatine's promise. In order to teach him he had to complete a few tasks first. He strangles Padme in a fit of rage after feeling betrayed by her. And the person that he trusted fully became an obstacle to find a way to save Padme.

In general it was supposed to be a time of relative peace in the Galaxy during the time frame. Each system has its own semblance of an army, but nothing that could meet up with the demands of non human computer controlled robots.

I truly feel that reading some of the EU books (and even the book for the movie before the movie was released) helps give just a little more internal struggles that characters have to face. Additionally there were serveral books between movies 2 and 3, but Labyrinth of Evil leads RIGHT into Episode III :)

Edited by Yeren

They are consistantly portrayed as being selfish idiots that dont really care about peace, truth or justice .

I.E

We are more interested in trade taxes and will sit on our rear ends while sending TWO Jedi to liberate Naboo even when we suspect the Sith are there.

I.E

Leaving Anakin's mother behind, sure you can justify not being able to take her in the movie the first time... but 10 years later and noone bothered to go pick her up or save ANY of the slaves ?

Oh no... instead Yoda likes to 'meditate' or play with 'younglings' using lightsabers. Good job there Master useless.

Yoda playing with younglings sounds so norty.

Edited by BrainSplatter

Cause fomenting anger in your young pupil who's already all screwed up and too old is a good deal huh?

Ye, it's not like he could eventually find out from his then still-alive dad, be devastated, and almost get killed cuz he didn't get the truth in the first place. And it's not like Obi-Wan didn't come clean once he got caught lying.

Edited by BrainSplatter

That they claim to serve and defend democracy, yet refuse to practice it.

This. Neither the oh so good Republic nor the righteous and always selfless Jedi who are certainly not warriors have anything to do with the true Light Side of The Force. They're warmongers like the Sith, they just pretend they are something better.

That they resided on coruscant and had a Jedi School.

I had always envisioned them as a mysterious group that trained very few and it was usually one on one training.

I felt that yoda was a great teacher and living on Dagobah was just part of who he was, not this blue blood that was in hiding.

Edited by kirorx

He was saying he didn't have soldiers, he still went out to fight when they formed a plan, WAY to interpret dialogue.

Mace Windu : We are keeper's of the peace not soldiers.

By the end of the war what are they hmm?? All Jedi's become generals. They can't be soldier's but they can order them around. Good Job Jedi good job.

When he was caught in the lie instead of owning up to it and said: You know your right I lied and it was wrong. What does he do he tryes some b.s. that anyone who has half a brain could see though. It's something a kid would say when caught in a lie.

It's a tool, doesn't make them better. The fact they needed a way out of those situations supersedes personal gain.

Gui-Quo is using the force to make i repeat MAKE a non force user do what he wants him to do. He is saying by doing that, that the Jedi needs are more important than anyone or anything else. Sounds very arragant to me.

What about not calling out your master? Takes precedence.
And who looks worse the appertace who should know better but is still in training or the Master who should put his ego aside when dealing with a head strong appentace but sit and bickers with the appentace?

Necessity overcomes it? If he was put on trial he'd come out clean, Jedi were spread thin throughout the galaxy and if not for Vader he'd be gone for a long while until the clone business happened.

So Dooku the cause of Anikin's fall is not alright to kill but Palpitin who is just as unarmed and who would have died if Vader hadn't stepped in is ok to kill?

The Jedi are hypocrits. They have rules. When they are conviant they follow them when they aren't they don't.

Edited by Diamonddug

Mace Windu : We are keeper's of the peace not soldiers.

By the end of the war what are they hmm?? All Jedi's become generals. They can't be soldier's but they can order them around. Good Job Jedi good job.

yeah i remember watching the Clone Wars movie and I remember the first battle where the Clone troopers are under cover and Obi Wan orders them to charge..... WTH??? Why would you leave your cover to charge and attack a robot army in melee?

Horrible Generals.

They are consistantly portrayed as being selfish idiots that dont really care about peace, truth or justice .

I.E

We are more interested in trade taxes and will sit on our rear ends while sending TWO Jedi to liberate Naboo even when we suspect the Sith are there.

They didn't send them to liberate Naboo, they sent them to flush the Sith. They didn't care about Naboo at all because they allowed their hands to be tied by the Senate out of a refusal to accept that the democracy they were defending had become staggeringly corrupt.

I.E

Leaving Anakin's mother behind, sure you can justify not being able to take her in the movie the first time... but 10 years later and noone bothered to go pick her up or save ANY of the slaves ?

Saving the slaves would have been out of the question since Hutt Space is not part of the Republic. However, not at least sending someone to investigate Anakin's dreams about his mother was incredibly stupid.

Oh no... instead Yoda likes to 'meditate' or play with 'younglings' using lightsabers. Good job there Master useless.

Teaching is not useless. Additionally, if you ever leave your computer and study martial arts you will quickly learn that the best way for you to improve is to teach others.

In summary, try paying attention. Most of the things you're whinging on about have answers that can be found by actually paying attention to the movies when you watch them.

As for not checking on Anakin's mother, well yeah that was just incredibly stupid. It ranks right up there with Yoda giving Anakin, who he feels is dangerous, to Obi Wan to train instead of handing him off to Mace Windu or training Anakin himself.

yeah i remember watching the Clone Wars movie and I remember the first battle where the Clone troopers are under cover and Obi Wan orders them to charge..... WTH??? Why would you leave your cover to charge and attack a robot army in melee?

Horrible Generals.

Dude NEVER go hand to hand with a wardroid unless you have a weapon.

Punches and kicks will only irritate them.

Like horror movies, those are especially cliche.

"Oh..the car broke down in the middle of nowhere."

or

"My phone which just a few minutes ago was working, suddenly has no signal."

or my favorite(which also annoys the hell outta me.)

"Hey the police showed up!" *Seconds later the police officer is killed*

What about the guy who beams down wearing a red shirt (other than Scotty)?

What about the guy who beams down wearing a red shirt (other than Scotty)?

Yea theres a funny Star Trek pic somewhere on the net with a picture of some of the away party.

Its something like:

"Kirk, Spock, Scotty and Ensign Hawkins beam down to a planet. Guess who's not coming home"

Damn those writers made deaths predictable :p

Edited by CptBrit

ahh look up, this is a Star Wars Forum... you know the Mods are trigger happy and close shop real quick!!! :p

Sorry i'm not actually a big Trekkie (My main experience of it was been forced to watch The Next Generation as a child by my parents) but that picture always makes me laugh :)

Speaking of bad Jedi, how come none of them other than Yoda (Yea I know hes just made off bad***...) could sense all the Jedi dying during Order 66?

Also why weren't they in pairs? Obi-wan and Anakin mostly operated in pairs. Also in The Clone Wars - which I haven't watched that much or for a while, so cut me some slack if wrong - Anakin takes a Padawan doesn't he? The Twi-Lek girl forget her name.