Opinions on Vector Hyllis (Op)

adantz

As we have healing skills I think using a DPS character is more viable as they can't soak up as much damage, yet do a lot more. I started off on Kaliyo as we all do, and then switched to Vector for this reason. I ignored Lokin and then moved to Temple who's got the better DPS (and is ranged!). I tried SCORPIO out but I still prefer Temple.

He's my perferred companion, his ~18% defense (and his defense cooldown) makes him less squishy than Temple and easier to heal when he's taking aggro, I'm sorry but Kaliyo even as a tank can't hold a candle to Vector. I use Temple on occasions but if she takes a sliver of aggro off me, she's toast whereas Vector stays alive long enough for me to get heals on him. Edited by Sookster

I use vector over anyone else .. I kill things faster when hes around .. Were both dps and i usually take the aggro, and kill things before they kill me or vector ...

To be honest, i havent used temple yet ... Maybe ill gear her up and give her a shot ... I havent had any problems leveling with kaliyo or vector ...

BUT, i did use kaliyo, up until lvl 50... I use vector now, but will try temple as per a previous poster mentioned.

I used Vector for pretty much the entire middle of the game before I decided to up my friendship with everyone else. He's stood up against a lot of the toughest baddies until about Voss. But then you have Scorpio anyway who takes damage like you wouldn't believe. Plus, it's always fun to watch him fly across the screen at enemies.

Thanks for the input, main reason I wanted to know was since its kind of a headache to keep all your companions properly geared as you level.

But since most ppl found him to be worthwile Im spending some commendations and credits on him and so far he performs quite well.

The one thing I havent been able to find is a blue staff for him.. dont ever think I have seen any drop in Flashpoints either, any tips?

temple, besides her blasters, uses the exact same gear as us so she is insanely easy to gear out. i use her to solo everything except raxxus where i actually pull out scorpio and let her tank, otherwise i usually tank and keep myself topped while she deeps stuff down.

surg probe/combat stim spec btw.