I like the way they wait until March(LEGACY?)

Sakushi

They also sent people emails with a picture of their highest level chars best companion ( in my case Mako ) saying something along the lines of

"Resub and continue your adventures with Mako, she misses you... "

I mean really???? Do you think we're all 12 and still have little stuffed bears??

Well, what did you expect? The fracking protocol droid?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simpler answer: Legacies were not required for launch, and they triaged such features down the priority list to make that launch date with a stable product. It's the same reason why we have a state-of-2004 UI and a host of expected yet absent features (e.g., any functional LFG tool).

Most of this stuff will be caught up. We'll just have to see how quickly.

Well, what did you expect? The fracking protocol droid?

I think you've just uncovered their grand scheme. A few months from now they'll give you the option to launch the droid out of the airlock into space and send everybody an e-mail "Resub and launch your droid into space", it'll lead to mass renewals.

I think they waited until March to Implement the 'Legacy' System to entice players to Subscribe again.

Why March?

Well lets see...

Christmas has just gone, the game was launched right before December 20th

(at this point Most players would have bought 60-day gametime cards as The CCard Billing System is so Awful)

So....

• 1 Standard Star wars: The Old Republic game WITH a Free 30days
  • 60-day gametime card = 90days

This would Last you until March 20th More or Less.

I hear they are releasing the 'Legacy' system at this time(March).

Do you think that this is CLEVER marketing Strategy? or Selfish?

I mean 30 Days AFTER Launch (when CCards are cancelled before they are billed) they make a big thing about how Special the 'FOUNDER' Title is.

right Now its February 19th, I wouldnt expect them to implement new patches or Mention anything new about the game. Why Would They?

But When March 20th Comes (the Month where most of the 60-Day GT subs run out).

I guarantee you guys that, This is when they'll Start Paying a lot more attention to the sales. They will Want to Keep gamers Enticed.

I wouldnt be Suprised if March 20th is the day that the Legacy System would Finally be implemented.

Please Don't Say the Generic cliche... "Oh Other MMO's do that all the time.. its Normal".

Other MMO's didn't make this so Blatantly obvious to see what they are doing.

Or perhaps they are releasing new content in stages rather then "Here is everything we planned to implement for next 5 years" enjoy.

Come on why would anyone expect everything to be given within 90 days of launch. People just need to enjoy the game and stop wanting everything now.

From my point of view... Thanks Bio I am having a blast!

Or perhaps they are releasing new content in stages rather then "Here is everything we planned to implement for next 5 years" enjoy.

Come on why would anyone expect everything to be given within 90 days of launch. People just need to enjoy the game and stop wanting everything now.

From my point of view... Thanks Bio I am having a blast!

Even better, if it's released March 20, it is 90 days from launch, so it'd still meet that expectation.

Any clever marketing strategy is selfish somehow, it's done for moneyz after all.. Although it's the norm in mmos for content to be released in a two to three months interval..

The Legacy system should have been in at launch.

I admit, I've unsubscribed until the Legacy system actually makes rerolling worthwhile. I won't be playing until then.

This

I havent unsubbed ( i got a 6 month sub) till leagacy but had I unsubbed I wouldnt re up for legacy

In my final feedback to Bioware I told them Legacy needed to be running at launch or players would be upset.

No excuse what so ever for it not to have been in game at launch

As for conspiricy theory,

I got a better one.

It simply wasnt completely designed until March (which is actually much worse then OP theory as OP theory suggests a evil plan. My just says the devs are lazy, short sighted, and left many things incomplete).

I think they waited until March to Implement the 'Legacy' System to entice players to Subscribe again.

Why March?

Well lets see...

(at this point Most players would have bought 60-day gametime cards as The CCard Billing System is so Awful)

So....

I mean 30 Days AFTER Launch (when CCards are cancelled before they are billed) they make a big thing about how Special the 'FOUNDER' Title is.

right Now its February 19th, I wouldnt expect them to implement new patches or Mention anything new about the game. Why Would They?

I guarantee you guys that, This is when they'll Start Paying a lot more attention to the sales. They will Want to Keep gamers Enticed.

I wouldnt be Suprised if March 20th is the day that the Legacy System would Finally be implemented.

Please Don't Say the Generic cliche... "Oh Other MMO's do that all the time.. its Normal".

my sub runs out on the 3rd of march. they have untill then to release so GOOD WORKING UPDATES before i sell my account on ebay

But they do.

Rift dropped a huge content patch right before SWTOR hit the streets. It's pretty typical.

Not saying i like it but like, they all do it in a really "blatantly obvious" way. It's called being a smart market competitor.

If i am playing a game and the new shiny game is coming out, then the game i'm currently playing has it in it's best interests to drop new content right as New Shiny Game comes out to keep my attention.

If they just go along business as usual, then its more likely i'll jump to new shiny game.

"Gamer ADD" is a a cliche for a reason - most cliche's have a nugget of truth. ;)

Edited by Shinavast

I was thinking more along the lines of you keeping Alcoa in business, you know with your high demand for tin foil for your hat.

Is that cliche acceptable for you? It certainly applies IMO. :)

my sub runs out on the 3rd of march. they have untill then to release so GOOD WORKING UPDATES before i sell my account on ebay

Since everyone allegedly quit the game, who would buy it??? :p

More realistically, who would buy a used SWTOR game off of anyone on Ebay??? What would be the point in doing so????

I think you've just uncovered their grand scheme. A few months from now they'll give you the option to launch the droid out of the airlock into space and send everybody an e-mail "Resub and launch your droid into space", it'll lead to mass renewals.

Don't get my hopes up. Bioware is full of cagey buggers. They would let you punt the droid into space for sure. But then he would be waiting for you and auto rejoin once you landed on a planet or the fleet.

Why March?

Well lets see...

So....

They alreaddy used this trick before, it was called the founder's title. It's hard to be surprised by anything with a company/team/developer as bad as this Bioware team EA put together.

I am subscribed until the end of March. However, I am seriously reconsidering whether to continue and the legacy system(which is alt based) is not nearly enough. The fundamental problems need to be fixed like pop, faction imbalance, end game content, etc. The rest sounds like fluff to me.

At least with SWG, they would keep my toon for 6 months so I would have a reason to come back.

Why March?

Well lets see...

So....

This is called marketing. MMOs do it to keep and get new players, happens all the time.

But if you feel that you need your tin-foil hat then please go get it.