This is why they shouldn't nerf the craftable Rakata gear:

paladinjb

If you didn't min/max it's your fault. Don't be lazy. We all know it wasn't intended by the devs to take up a skill, use it to create the armor, and drop it for a new one. The fact remains that is in the game, and if you don't do it you are purposely putting yourself behind. There is no such thing as an exploit. If its in the code, it's part of the game.

I doubt you will find many players, much less developers, who agree with this philosophy.

although i like the ability to do it, this is true.

in this case, its not in the code that youre allowed to do this. its actually an absense of code that allows you to do it. which makes it more along the lines of an unintended exploit.

i support this mechanic whole-heartedly.

theres so few things to do at 50, why get rid of something time-consuming that everyone can do?

Everyone has the ability to do this = Balanced

Exactly. I was bored over the weekend and have 15 biometric alloys sitting in my bank so I decided to look up a guide for artifice 1-400, armormech 1-400, and biochem 1-400 and buy up the total amount of mats I'll neeed to grind up all of those. I dropped biochem, grinded out artifice, crafted rakata relics until I crit, dropped it, grinded out armormech, crafted bracers until I crit(I already had crit belt prior to being biochem), dropped it, and regrinded out biochem. Took me roughly 200-300k for each profession and a little under 2 hours to max each out.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it if people have the time and money to do this. It's not like there is much else to do and it is far from required.

It should and most likely will get fixed in the future. It is not the intent that everyone wind up as biochem. And since swapping means losing any recipes you've learned along the way, the cost is significantly more for Crafters, as opposed to people who craft only for some personal benefits.

The sooner they close this loophole, the better.

Edited by Battilea

It should and most likely will get fixed in the future. It is not the intent that everyone wind up as biochem. And since swapping means losing any recipes you've learned along the way, the cost is significantly more for Crafters, as opposed to people who craft only for some personal benefits.

People only end with Biochem because Bioware decided that it was a smart choice to put the 400 biochem requirement on the Rakata stims/adrenals/medpacks thinking it would somehow make people want to go something other than Biochem, probably the same genius that came up with the normal mode operation loot system. Before that people were starting with Biochem and ending in another crafting profession of their choosing. This "fix" of theirs actually caused the problem of nearly everyone staying Biochem after they got what they needed from the others.

Tbh, all they need to do at this point is remove the 400 Biochem requirement on the Rakata and then add actual useful schematics to the other crafting professions, even the operation drop ones are useless garbage as they are all BoP and you would have better gear than that by the time you loot the schematic. Adding any kind of requirement for the crafting profession's BoP perks just determines which profession people end in, causing you to pick whichever one is going to benefit YOU the most and not which one you would like to actually use to craft.

Option B.

Remove the "Requires Biochem 400" from the stim/adrenals/medpacks.

That way you can spend time maxing out each proffesion, Maybe even some gear for companions. Then when new stuff comes out you re-level the crew skills again.