Please disable huttball!!!!!

Sullydog

They could make Huttball immensely fun and hilarious by disabling CC for everyone and disabling Force Charge/Jet Rush/Grapple etc for the ballcarrier.

Just imagine the chaos of that warzone, of course it might require actual skill to score in that scenario so people would complain.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They could make Huttball immensely fun and hilarious by disabling CC for everyone and disabling Force Charge/Jet Rush/Grapple etc for the ballcarrier.

Just imagine the chaos of that warzone, of course it might require actual skill to score in that scenario so people would complain.

That would make it significantly worse, instead of teamwork and tactics it's just down to which side has the higher DPS.

Huttball, if you're a ranged class or have a knockback/pull toward, is fun.

For every other class, it's the most imbalanced, poorly designed piece of crap scenario I've played since Tor Anroc.

Edited by McVade

For every other class, it's the most imbalanced, poorly designed piece of crap scenario I've played since Tor Anroc.

My melee jugg who isn't high enough to have force push (knockback) would disagree with you.

I don't think they should disable grappling (either friendly or unfriendly grappling) but they should definitely remove charging while holding the ball and you shouldn't be able to pass the ball to a stealthed player.

My melee jugg who isn't high enough to have force push (knockback) would disagree with you.
Force push never works properly anyway. Edited by GregMD

No, do not disable it.

Huttball is the most original (and the most fun) instanced PvP experience I've ever had.

I still prefer open world PvP in my MMOs, but if I had to play instanced PvP, I'd play Huttball all day and night.

Edited by Dakan

Im melee and its by far the best of the 3 WZ's

Here's an idea: get to 50, when all classes get all their knockbacks. Then, remove Force Push and all your stuns from your bar. Remove your ability to leap to an ally as well. Play 100 Huttball matches. Tell me how much fun you're still having at the end.

Welcome to the Jedi Sentinel Huttball experience.

For extra credit, take back one of your stuns, but remove Force Leap. Welcome to the Scoundrel Huttball experience.

Edited by McVade

Here's an idea: get to 50, when all classes get all their knockbacks. Then, remove Force Push and all your stuns from your bar. Remove your ability to leap to an ally as well. Play 100 Huttball matches warzones. Tell me how much fun you're still having at the end.

People who blame everything but themselves for the results of their pvp matches make me sad deep down inside.

:(

Here's an idea: get to 50, when all classes get all their knockbacks. Then, remove Force Push and all your stuns from your bar. Remove your ability to leap to an ally as well. Play 100 Huttball matches. Tell me how much fun you're still having at the end.

For extra credit, take back one of your stuns, but remove Force Leap. Welcome to the Scoundrel Huttball experience.

I would trade force push for force camo in a heartbeat on my guardian. Force push is amazing when it actually works but 90% of the time it just pushes your enemy in the opposite direction of where you aimed them or off to the side of where you aimed them.

I would trade force push for force camo in a heartbeat on my guardian. Force push is amazing when it actually works but 90% of the time it just pushes your enemy in the opposite direction of where you aimed them or off to the side of where you aimed them.

In Huttball, I would accept that trade in a heartbeat and laugh my *** off at how much I ripped you off.

People who blame everything but themselves for the results of their pvp matches make me sad deep down inside.

:(

Only blaming one thing: terrible map design.

Voidstar and Alderaan, you see me coming, you die. Huttball... just hit a knockback and you're fine.

In Huttball, I would accept that trade in a heartbeat and laugh my *** off at how much I ripped you off.
Nah, after about 5 times of force pushing someone away from the goal line only to have it bug out and send them flying through the goal line you'll want your force camo back

Classes with no knockbacks do have a rougher time in Huttball, My Mara and PT can compensate with their utiilty and Force Charge/Jet Rush/Grapple and CC but my Operative...yeesh.

Edited by Temeluchus

Best way to play an operative these days is to pick times to decisively strike at enemies teammates are fighting already rather than trying to 100 to 0 someone yourself imo. I play with a really good op on my marauder and he waits till i jump on a healer and get a couple dots going and opens up, we focus fire down most people in a couple seconds that way. Huttball is the only wz currently (in my opinion) that i'd actually like to see in the rated wzs bracket. I enjoy huttball on my 50 marauder about 10x as much as on my 50 sorc.

WRONG, its the match that relies on having 8 players. Thats how you win, if your lucky enough to be the team that gets 8 you get a free win if your the team with 4 or 5 players you lose.

Haha, after having PvPd this evening I would have to at least agree with this..in 30 or so matches there were two where we started with eight players and KEPT eight players. Every other time we were down by at least two. It's so bogus! Bioware needs to look at this.

Best way to play an operative these days is to pick times to decisively strike at enemies teammates are fighting already rather than trying to 100 to 0 someone yourself imo. I play with a really good op on my marauder and he waits till i jump on a healer and get a couple dots going and opens up, we focus fire down most people in a couple seconds that way. Huttball is the only wz currently (in my opinion) that i'd actually like to see in the rated wzs bracket. I enjoy huttball on my 50 marauder about 10x as much as on my 50 sorc.

Hahaha. I went PUG the other night (I'm an Op) and there was another Op in there with me. I was pretty happy to have another one..I RARELY get grouped with another of my class. Well man did we go to town. I mean the two of us together, opening on a single target was awesome. We burned 'em down super quick. It was nice to feel powerful for awhile.

Yeah, if you play to the strengths of the class you're bound to do well. If you follow any coordinated dps around you can do extremely well as an OP. Coordinating attacks will bring people down much more quickly than if you were some other dps and fighting two different targets.

That would make it significantly worse, instead of teamwork and tactics it's just down to which side has the higher DPS.

No, disabling the ballcarrier from using movement abolites breaks the game. Disabiling them will actually MAKE TEAMWORK, instead of being class based as it is now.

Dear child, I understand you have such a small attention span and cannot stand to play anything else than an inquisitor due to the fact that you probably don't have any skill what so ever. So I'm guessing you have never played the republic side, rarely hutball and it's always fun. Stop whining

There's your answer ***

Jedi Sentinel chiming in. Huttball is by far my favorite warzone. While getting knocked off can be frustrating, it's hardly the crippling experience you make it out to be.

YOU CAN'T HAVE MY CAMO *clutches camo for dear life* Seriously though, camo and guarded by the force were 2 of the biggest reasons I played sentinel over guardian. I intended to go focus at the time, and that extra 30% sweep damage was drool-worthy, but ultimately I am very happy with my choice.

I feel it bears repeating.

I. Love. Huttball.

Edited by SaxManders

For the love of god, every time I have to run huttball a baby kitten will die! disable it! this is how my WZ que goes:

Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball (5 vs 10 ends in 2 mins), Huttball, Huttball( 4 vs 8 ends in 2 mins), Huttball, Huttball (8 vs 8 half my team quits ends in 2 mins), Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Alderan 5 vs 12 ends in 2 mins, Voidstar 5 vs 8 ends in 2 mins, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball, Huttball

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

that looks like how my WZs have been going today but the only difference is half of the matches the imps had 10-12 players,not fun BW not fun at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!