Our hidden ability - Sawbones

MelliMelon

Disclaimer: If this is an exploit, Devs are now notified of it, and we lose an unfair advantage. If this is not an exploit, you guys get some juicy news!

It is possible to "Disappearing Act" out of combat (in say... a boss fight) and then revive from stealth (which unstealths you) to revive a fallen teammate. Of course this means during those ~8 seconds, you cannot heal your raid, but if you quickly spam through your energy and top them off, this can be quite effective.

Smuggler healers officially (...or not... if it is an exploit) have an important advantage over other healers!

Edited by MelliMelon

Disclaimer: If this is an exploit, Devs are now notified of it, and we lose an unfair advantage. If this is not an exploit, you guys get some juicy news!

It is possible to "Disappearing Act" out of combat (in say... a boss fight) and then revive from stealth (which unstealths you) to revive a fallen teammate. Of course this means during those ~8 seconds, you cannot heal your raid, but if you quickly spam through your energy and top them off, this can be quite effective.

Smuggler healers officially (...or not... if it is an exploit) have an important advantage over other healers!

Not an exploit. Been doing this forever.

Edited by Azaranth

I don't see how this would be an exploit. Our special CLEARLY states that it drops us out of combat. It's not rocket science to assume then that we would want to then be able to use out of combat abilities.

Especially since it can take so much work to make sure we don't immediately re-aggro.

We are also given an in-combat Rez later on, so rez'ing during a fight isn't something that the developers forgot to design around.

I don't see how this would be an exploit. Our special CLEARLY states that it drops us out of combat. It's not rocket science to assume then that we would want to then be able to use out of combat abilities.

Especially since it can take so much work to make sure we don't immediately re-aggro.

We are also given an in-combat Rez later on, so rez'ing during a fight isn't something that the developers forgot to design around.

What's the cooldown on the in-combat rez vs. the out of combat rez? Do you normally go out of combat when disengaging normal enemies by any means? How about a boss that forces you to stay in combat no matter what?

(Hint: I know the answers to these, your logic in attempting to justify it is faulty.)

Of course it's not intended.

The existence of a separate in-combat rez alone with more limitations should be proof enough of that.

Edited by Mina

How could you possibly think it's intended? My raid group usually runs with 2 Shadows and me as Scrapper Scoundrel, do you realize that this means that we could ooc-revive 3 people at the same time + battlerez one? Edited by hoax_

It is definitely not intended. Why would your group be limited to one Combat Res AND it has a 5 minute cooldown if it was meant to be used so regularly on a 3 minute cooldown with no limits.

...you're a Tauntaun? Haha. Anyway, see my "EDIT" for an answer to your question.

Edited by MelliMelon

methinks the gcd for battle rez won't allow you to DA rez a char once you popped a Battle Rez until it's off read the tooltip closely ( @ work cannot verify it may just be that specific char has a debuff(cannot be rezzed for 5min) or it may be a Battle Rez canoot be utilised which hopefully means a DA rez is avail ^^))...also it's not an exploit it's not a foolproof rez...you can't be dotted get hit by aoe (aoe are stealth proof) or grab aggro again before you rez the person. i think it's an intended mechanic for lower levels before you receive your battle rez at 50

ps this is avail as soon as you get Disappearing Act even if you chose a dps tree ^^

Edited by phattisimo

to the poster above that said there's fight's that prevent leaving combat so therefore it MUST be an exploit.... then the reverse thinking would say dev's KNEW about the ability an put some fights in to deter it and left others alone where it wouldn't be so much a factor determining the outcome. chew on that cud....

ok out of combat rez takes 5s, therefore a channeled ability...also therefore interruptable by an enemy by any means possible...is this IWIN button stuff?...no

whats happens when you start channeling rez...you leave stealth and therefore? visable and open to attack...you're buddy isn't even up yet...is this IWIN button stuff?...no

did i manage to not be DoT'ed or HoT'ed before i hit DA...guess i'll find out in a second or two here if stealth doesn't break and this is the key stealth CANNOT break before you're in range and channeling(can't break either...hmm buddy is awefully close to the rest of the group i REALLY hope i don't get hit by AoE(breaks my stealth/channeling) trying to get within range(ya out of combat rez has a range a very short range) or the boss sees thru stealth...am I WINNING yet?...goddamn wish i'd taken those perks/talents in the scrapper tree...ok i'm here he popped...woot!...hope the rest of the group is ok i'm not healing/interrupting for them...damn i need to heal this guy quik, let's hope we don't get hit ourselves!

does this sound like an exploit? it's a damn hard move to pull off in the 1st place unless your fallen comrade is right at your feet, there are talents for it (see scrapper tree stealth an disappearing act talents)...greatest of all it does NOT share the Battle rez CD(read the tooltip) i'm going to say working as intended on this one :D

PS disappearing act rez isn't even possible solo...go ahead try same result every time you and your pet whether alive or not leave combat and mob(s) health resets instantly which isn't very IWIN either

I think this is not an exploit considering that there are a lot of bugs still in OPs that they have yet to fix, and these bugs completely break the fights, also scoundrels when compared to other healers, are a bit lacking so therefore we can compensate with an additional res that allows for a bit of leeway on buggy fights. They have also fixed the stealth issue on some fights by having a crap ton of passive AOE damage going around so use it when you can and if there is nothing that prevents that res then it was intended that way.

Also to the guy that said it's not fair to other healers... well when other healers play their chars, they don't have the same amount of micromanagement that a scoundrel has to do when healing.

I don't know if that is intentional or not, but it would lessen the frustration my guild has over the 5 min timer.

Who thought an ops wide rez cooldown was a good idea?

This is directly taken from WoW to prevent stacking combat resses. OOC ressing used to work in vanilla, where you would have random paladins/shamans purposefully sitting out of the fight to res people. They fixed it by having dungeonwide combat pulses happen when the boss fight is in action.

It will be fixed as soon as they realize it works like this.

EDIT: To those of you saying that it is most OBVIOUSLY not intended, I say this: the idea of not being able to revive someone during "combat" is a very longstanding yet conceptually nonintuitive tradition. If the boss is wailing on someone else, why wouldn't I, as a medic, be able to take 10 seconds to treat my companion's injuries? I could see if it was interrupt-able (similar to WZ capping), but the idea that just because the boss was aware of me at one time I can't help someone? That's quite silly to me. Also, this isn't an OP hack, it takes about 8 seconds away from my raid healing to do this. That being said, I'm open to the fact that this may not be intended, and if Bioware mentions it, I am open to their ruling.

People are willing to justify anything to themselves to get an advantage. The fact that you even have to question whether or not this is an exploit is a pretty blatant indicator of the fact that it is. Analyze your own psychology.

What's the cooldown on the in-combat rez vs. the out of combat rez? Do you normally go out of combat when disengaging normal enemies by any means? How about a boss that forces you to stay in combat no matter what?

(Hint: I know the answers to these, your logic in attempting to justify it is faulty.)

Of course it's not intended.

The existence of a separate in-combat rez alone with more limitations should be proof enough of that.

Shadows have a 15 minute cooldown on their OOC rez. Scoundrels, being a base healer, have the passive that removes that cooldown, so their 'cooldown' on the ability as it were is the cooldown on their ability that allows them to combat stealth.

Edited by Onager

• 3 weeks later...