Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Tanks are hard to come by, this is not shocking to most, and has nothing to do with server populations.

do you realize what you just posted?

there is serious issues with only 40 people in imp fleet during prime time 2 months from launch.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

Dont worry they will just change the settings (Again) so less people are required to indicate "full". Its not the first time they have done it.

do you realize what you just posted?

there is serious issues with only 40 people in imp fleet during prime time 2 months from launch.

1.) Yes i do know what I posted, 104 people on my servers fleet ATM three groups looking for tanks

2.) the poster I was quoting was a pub

Red Eclipse, since holded the beta players, was meant to be the most crowded server in EU, and now is struggling to continue alive, you only find people in illum from 1pm to 1:30 pm, then there is a massive quit, 3-4 players of each side roaming around, and fleet reaches peaks of 100-150 players at 6pm to 9pm. This is objective info.

Subjective, we started game 12 real life friends, and now, im the last man standing in the game. If every player had the same situation, or about, u can imagine which is SWTOR destiny.

Edited by Deinoking

Just something to consider, server population is dropping but sub numbers aren't. People are just waiting till the next patch arrives. They still like the game.

How in the world do you assume that one measly patch will save subscription numbers? After patch 1.1 a lot of consumers lost faith in Bioware's quality control for their game.

How in the world do you assume that one measly patch will save subscription numbers? After patch 1.1 a lot of consumers lost faith in Bioware's quality control for their game.

You are probably right with Bioware but you know, thats how MMO's work. People get bored, stop playing and wait for the next patch/content to be released.

I'm just saying what is obvious, we can not know for sure about the subs but we know that the players are bored and not logging in very often.

It is starting to get ridiculous. I am basically only logggin in to raid on the main toon. And running around questing on an alt is kinda boring when there is like 8 people on the same planet as you during primetime.

Can we get some answers to this problem all ready BIOWARE? It is ridiculous how you neglect this huge issue. I simply do not understand it... Are you afraid that you are going to loose PR for doing merges or what? It is pretty obvious that if you don't, you will end up with empty dead servers where people left from because you simply where too slow to fix this issue!

Just something to consider, server population is dropping but sub numbers aren't. People are just waiting till the next patch arrives. They still like the game.

No they don't. This game is breaking records for rate of fail. There will never be a major expansion. Get used to maintenance mode from here on out, continuous server merges down to the last 3 or 4. This game is already dead.

No they don't. This game is breaking records for rate of fail. There will never be a major expansion. Get used to maintenance mode from here on out, continuous server merges down to the last 3 or 4. This game is already dead.

What records? where can I find these statistics?

What records? where can I find these statistics?

Well logically speaking we can assume the game isn't growing since Bioware has said any numbers, it's a truism that Bioware is the first to shout about any game accomplishments no matter how inane they are.

The common agreement on the forums is people are reporting there servers are dropping in population, since people can't post on alts and most posts are from different people we can assume there is a massive activity drop.

Of course this could be open to error but I don't think it's unreasonable to think the game has shrunk to 1.3m subs

Well logically speaking we can assume the game isn't growing since Bioware has said any numbers, it's a truism that Bioware is the first to shout about any game accomplishments no matter how inane they are.

The common agreement on the forums is people are reporting there servers are dropping in population, since people can't post on alts and most posts are from different people we can assume there is a massive activity drop.

Of course this could be open to error but I don't think it's unreasonable to think the game has shrunk to 1.3m subs

It's shrunk a lot more then that, my guess is it's about 800k now and falling fast.

Population is dropping, stop kidding yourself's its not you fanboi's.

Personally I went from a Light server to a Heavy server - but that took a lot of my enthusiasm away as i had already seen a lot of the stories/content etc.

Even a good mate of mine that was literally RAVING about the game in the first few weeks is now hardly playing - and he's a massive fan to - read most of the books etc.

This game smells like Hellgate:London all over again :( or Warhammer Online...actually Warhammer is probably a closer similarity.

Age of Conan went the way of this game to - that game was released VERY buggy, it had amazing graphics(much better than SWTOR graphics imo), voice narration on all quests up to lv 20 etc etc - that game died a death to - its still going...but its wading thro mud.(its also F2P albeit on a limited basis).

Anyone wanna bet me that this game wont be F2P in 1 to 2 years time? :)

I am actually FLABBAGASTED that they spent $200 million dollars on development. Wher e on earth did the money go?...and dont tell me voice actors -because they are 2 to a penny.

Edited by Skarion

It's shrunk a lot more then that, my guess is it's about 800k now and falling fast.

There is no way it's shrunk by more then 300k active subs. There are probably another 300k+ subs that are up renewal by the end of the 6month period that won't resub if things don't improve for them but to say the game has shrunk to 800K is insane bro :D

There is no way it's shrunk by more then 300k active subs. There are probably another 300k+ subs that are up renewal by the end of the 6month period that won't resub if things don't improve for them but to say the game has shrunk to 800K is insane bro :D

Look at the forums and the server stats all of them show that the game is losing subs left and right. No one is logging in anymore, the servers are getting smaller every week. Why I believe last night you didn't even have one heavy server.

The game is dying at a fast rate, even AoC didn't have that bad of a die off that TOR is having.

I maybe subbed but sadly not playing the game. Its a dead duck and truly boring. Wishing now I hadn't subbed as I did. No patch is going to resolve the issue that the game is just way too linear and the companion idea is annoying. Freedom is something the game doesn't generate, nor a feeling that there are lots of other players in the game with you. And the number top left just makes you feel lonely, the one that says that there are 8 other players in the area. Dunno who is kidding who, but they really did screw up on just how many players they thought would play this game. And I guess most realise its problems are at the core of the game concept and are just giving up. I'm back playing Rift and I gotta say its nice seeing other players for a change.

Why I believe last night you didn't even have one heavy server

Bull, dude. Why do people say stuff like this when it's verifiably untrue?

7pm PST there were a couple very heavy, a dozenish heavy, about the same light, the rest standard.

Uthar wyn was always full, now irts dead. 30, 40 mins waiting for a below 50 wz Q. Market dead, barely 30 peeps in the stations.

Im really annoyedthat that i have to re roll on another server.

Its so obvious people are leaving in droves.You may not see it on the higher population servers, but it is happening, of that there is no doubt.

Why are people leaving? Its because the game is no fun when you get to 50. The story line you can burn through too quickly. When you get to 50, its no fun getting pwned for ages to try and get geared. So why pay to play a game that isnt fun? Before someone crys at me, i already have geared 50's. As a geared 50, its no fun to faceroll peeps constantly in pvp.

I want a game that is about skill, not about how many wz's ive played.

I want this game to win, but i really cant see it right now. I hope BW prove me wrong and make this game fun, but i hope they do it before its too late.