We all know Sorcs are OP, but what's the weakest class?

Jabbb

Here's how you can tell bad players: they think sorcs are OP.

If you think sorcs are OP, welcome to the "90% club" of players who are bad at PVP.

Sorcs are actually very balanced in proper PVP, very easy to kill really. Operatives are quite weak overall. Tracerspammers aren't that great.

Marauders are strong, powertechs are very strong. Rest is fairly middling.

Edited by Redmarx

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my sorcerer is the strongest. No doubt.

Bounty hunter is also very strong in most situations

Shadow/assassin is pretty well balanced I think. Play a shadow myself and it has great survivability and decent damage output.

Hard to say on the warrior as I dont have one, but seem like they do well also

Id say weakest is gunslinger/sniper. I have a sniper and its definitive a challenge against all other classes. No one is easy prey unless you are in a good group/weak opponents. Its not like that with my other chars, where I can beat anyone.

Im a sorcerer, im op. Its fact. Easy kills are had on any class but for Gunslingers. Melee i kite around and toy with. Invisible ones, and sniper ones usually have me at 40% hp before i know they are around, and kiting them is fail as the the sniper ones are ranged and the invisible ones just vanish when they get low. The only time i win against those ones are when they forget/fail to interrupt my heals.

Im a sorcerer, im op. Its fact. Easy kills are had on any class but for Gunslingers. Melee i kite around and toy with. Invisible ones, and sniper ones usually have me at 40% hp before i know they are around, and kiting them is fail as the the sniper ones are ranged and the invisible ones just vanish when they get low. The only time i win against those ones are when they forget/fail to interrupt my heals.

Your talk of "invisible snipers" fascinates me, and leads me to believe you know and understand the game in great detail.

Welcome to the 90%.

Really depends.

If you're playing skilled players, I don't think any class can't be played to be very scary and great at what they do.

Of course, if we're talking about the other 95% of players- melee classes are the weakest because bads have no idea how to properly use distance closers, or how to use CC to keep that distance closed- and what may be an extremely powerful class- like the marauder- ends up looking like a terrible class simply due to lack of skill.

Ranged classes are easier to play- the sniper is a bit more challenging, but even then it doesn't take too much skill to sit in a high place and rain damage on unaware enemies. Overall though- sages, vanguards, commandos are very simple to play decently even if you're not that great.

Your talk of "invisible snipers" fascinates me, and leads me to believe you know and understand the game in great detail.

Welcome to the 90%.

I think you missed the word "and" since the person your quoted did not talk about invisible snipers.

But on topic: Every single class I play is underpowered for sure, I wonder why... :)

I'm operative and I don't have any problem killing Maruders and Sentines. Same with Sorcerers IF if have them on close range. If they catch me on long range - i'm as good as dead since they slow me down so much and damage that I can't do too much.

I personaly think that every healers is OP since it's almost impossible to kill them fast enough before they get help in 1vs1 battle. I go after healers ONLY if group back me up. And only to play with him until my group finish with the rest.

Ofcourse there are some stupid healers that don't heal themselves so they are dead in few seconds and there are more stupid healers that heal themselves and then their team mates are dead and so are they.

Weakest class ? No idea. Every class that is well played is good.

PS: I found funny thing. Yuo know how to check if Trooper / Bounty Hunter that spam Grav / Tracer is total noob ? Interrup their skill (Operative here). If that player don't do anything for almost 5s then he is total idiot and noob. If he actualy still do something - he must be at least avarage :p

Marauder/Sentinel is rapidly starting to become my favorite class, I can't say that I'm "in the 10%" yet or anything, but that is merely because I don't train as hard (because I'm LAZY.)

One of the reasons why many low-mid players say that the relevant melee DPS classes suck is the fact that they have a series of skill gaps that change their versatility in PvP at certain levels, for example you gain a temporary burst of massive DPS at level 20 exactly, but when other players start getting to level 22 and above they start getting some good skills to counteract yours.

Then you get force choke/stasis and can just keep them hanging while your DOTs do the job (As watchman/Anni build, I havn't tried the others yet)

And then I would assume at level 50 you pretty much need perfect skill activation to beat someone, which is why the class is counted at being so hard. Not "hard" I'd say, just that it has a learning curve that is steeper in places than any other class.

Really depends.Of course, if we're talking about the other 95% of players- melee classes are the weakest because bads have no idea how to properly use distance closers, or how to use CC to keep that distance closed- and what may be an extremely powerful class- like the marauder- ends up looking like a terrible class simply due to lack of skill.

And yet, talented force leap is one of the two best focus/rage generators in the watchman/anni spec. All you have to watch out for is popping it too early against people trying to kite you and to be ready with talented cauterize once you land, slows them right down to a crawl.

Edited by Morticoccus

Ummm.......Marauders are the most intricate and hardest class in the game making people of "average to less" skill level think they suck...........the 10% that are good can beat every class other then a tank assassin/shadow...........so somewhat you guys are right because 90% of them are noobs but a skilled geared annhi Mara will easily blow you up

True. And that is in 1vs1. Otherwise, when defensive cooldowns aren't available, you're as good as dead in 5 sec. Except if you have a pocket healer.

I'd say Operative/Scoundrels. Their opening burst is laughable now, all you have to do is dot them and prevent them to los you (or they'll will try to heal) and voilà.

As an Arsenal Mercenary I take offense at people saying I'm easy to kill. If you see me in a warzone you know I'm going to $#!T on your face if I single you out.

When I see a merc I jump right on them. When this happens they are lucky to take me down 20% before they are dead. Its way too easy to kick you in your face every time I hear that sweet sound of tracer missile about to go off.

Another easy kill class. OP? Hardly. Love the part when you say you kite around melee. That was a good laugh. More kicks and more easy kills.

There are no OP classes in this game. Stop calling yourself OP.

Shieldtech Powertechs using tanking gear. Out of all the tanks they have probably the least survivability, and the damage they do is also extremely poor. And with many popular specs ignoring armor, shield rating and defenses? Yeah, not even worth calling a tank.

Edit: Really can't go just by the AC, each spec within it completely changes how the class works normally.

Edited by Flarenza

At lvl 46 my Mara had 25 key binds now at 50 I have 30 to be good at one is very very hard I ordered a Belkin n52te cause the keyboard wasn't cutting it (look it up will change your mom life) as for sorcs as healers, a anni Mara will shut down and destroy any healer period.......sages take slightly longer so hope no one comes to their aid.......no class is "op" and compared to other mmos is is quite balanced. Most of the people that call Nerf are below average skill level and it's understandable they would get upset getting rolled by a dasment dwelling nerd.....

I bought a Razer Naga while leveling up my marauder. How anyone can play one efficiently with all the hotkeys bound to the keyboard is beyond me, but I salute them. :D

In a team setting, probably the smuggler/IA ACs. The dps specs are fragile because they are built around burst and that goes away vs. good teams that use LOS, guard and communication. The healing is LOL in pvp compared to the other classes. Overall mobility is also bad, like a commando but with worse defenses.

I bought a Razer Naga while leveling up my marauder. How anyone can play one efficiently with all the hotkeys bound to the keyboard is beyond me, but I salute them. :D

I had one before I even started playing, best mouse around for pretty much every game, even in most FPS you can bind macros to all the buttons. Want a dedicated sniper sens button? Just bind it to 8 or mouse 3.