Oh Boy! Q&A Today!

Jaenette

So, is anyone as excited as I am to hear the answers to our most burning questions today? Any takers on what questions will get answered?

I would like to guess "none of the questions that I care about will be answered".

Bonus: it applies to basically everyone!

Things I do not expect to see talked about: targeting UI, tab-target, awkward ability animations, macros, /stuck exploiters in Ilum

One of the most frequently asked questions that I saw was whether they would be implementing the same-sex relationships with companions...I highly doubt this will be done any time soon if at all. Interested to see though...

I was suprised that they didn't answer this (well not really) as this was the most asked question. I was suprised by their Q&A I thought it was quite good.

Edited by Tuscad

If previous Q&A's are any indication of future responses... they will resemble this:

"Yes, we definitely want to do that. We are looking in to it"

"Something we are considering"

"Although we like the idea, not on our top priorities list yet"

"We think players will appreciate our focus on... (not top 10 player concern)"

"We understand player's concerns in this area, we will be addressing it soon"

"That will be added soon"

"We don't feel that will benefit the community as a whole, be it hasn't been ruled out"

"We don't have a date for that yet, but we definitely want to include it"

(i.e., lots of words, very little said)

See if those aren't close...

:D

If previous Q&A's are any indication of future responses... they will resemble this:

"We don't feel that will benefit the community as a whole, be it hasn't been ruled out"

Haha, this is brilliant.

To sum it up for every question answered "Were thinking about it, but we've not actually done anything".

And these are the questions they answered.

I'd bet 500k credits youre right.

If you're expecting answers like "Same gender romances will be implemented in patch 1.2.4.6.1.1.1 at approximately 12:45 CST Tuesday June 12, 2012." I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Of course it's going to be a ton of "We're working on that." and "We plan to."

Even if they knew precisely when something was going to be implemented, unless the answer is "as we speak" they're better of staying vague.

If you're expecting answers like "Same gender romances will be implemented in patch 1.2.4.6.1.1.1 at approximately 12:45 CST Tuesday June 12, 2012." I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Even if they knew precisely when something was going to be implemented, unless the answer is "as we speak" they're better of staying vague.

There are ways to answer questions that don't leave everyone with a question mark above their head...

i.e., "Yes, our UI team is actually working on that very issue as a top priority right now. We are shooting for our April patch to have that fully tested and implemented for our players."

That's meat... what they typically provide is watered down water...

Lol suming it up pretty well

You could work for BioWare!

There are ways to answer questions that don't leave everyone with a question mark above their head...

i.e., "Yes, our UI team is actually working on that very issue as a top priority right now. We are shooting for our April patch to have that fully tested and implemented for our players."

That's meat... what they typically provide is watered down water...

And then when internal testing shows they've somehow managed to force every UI to render in one pixel by one pixel in late March and have to go back to square one, the face the "you promised this in April!!!11!¡¡one!!" rage. It's safer to stay vague.

And then when internal testing shows they've somehow managed to force every UI to render in one pixel by one pixel in late March and have to go back to square one, the face the "you promised this in April!!!11!¡¡one!!" rage. It's safer to stay vague.

As I posted initially, they definitely choose to stay in the "safe zone" when it comes to communication! Not sure that approach endears their paying customers to them though.

We've had vague since September 13. And "How" is at least as important regarding SGR as "When", e.g. "Will we be able to unlock same-gender content with the companions we already know?" That was a "we'll think about it" in September.

Approximatelt 5% of this week's respondents asked about Same-Gender Content - roughly one in twenty. I would hope that sort of interest merits a reply. But it's been five months - I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Uluain

I've not seen very many games actually implement the same-sex romance option, with the exception of perhaps Dragon Age.

I'm more looking for in-depth answers regarding 1.2, UI fixes, PvP in Ilum, etc.

These are game-breaking concerns for me. Also, combat logs?!?! NEED THIS NOW! lol

I've not seen very many games actually implement the same-sex romance option, with the exception of perhaps Dragon Age.

I'm more looking for in-depth answers regarding 1.2, UI fixes, PvP in Ilum, etc.

These are game-breaking concerns for me. Also, combat logs?!?! NEED THIS NOW! lol

Yeah.. Bioware is the only company I count on to have same-sex relationships. People are really obsessed over it, though. That and high res texture. You are not gonna get Skyrim graphics in an MMO right now, people.

I didn't even add a question this time. /shrug

I appreciate that other players have other concerns. Combat logs do nothing for me, and I giggled at a post that said that end game raids were a.) way too easy but b.) impossible without combat logs. But I grok that this is a big deal to you.

Might you show similiar consideration to others, especially sing SGRs or their absence are in fact deal-breakers for others?

Yeah.. Bioware is the only company I count on to have same-sex relationships. People are really obsessed over it, though.

No - just focussed. This is a big part of the story element which BioWare has touted as one of the pillars of SWTOR.

And if you don't care enough to ask questions, why care what gets answered?

Edited by Uluain

You know, I really don't want to keep getting options for my male smuggler to be able to flirt with Corso Riggs just so some of you guys can be lesbians within the game. If you want to flirt with females, roll a male character. Otherwise, be a girl in game and flirt with all the guys you want. Edited by Galbatorrix