BW ignored the wants and needs of Combat

Obi-Rev

I think people are beginning to cop combat on my server. They tend to save their knockback / stun / 'get the hell off me' move for when precision goes up. The damage difference between a player i flat out cant hit during precision slash and someone that lets me is pretty drastic. Its a bit too easy to counter.

I really wish they'd seperate the talent that restores 1 focus and makes blade storm auto crit too.

Getting an ataru proc at a bad time can really screw up your rotation.

Just make ataru procs restore 1 focus but no more often that once every six seconds. And the auto crit on blade storm get refreshed every ataru proc.

I prefer combat and really dont want to go back to watchman but i cant deny its a flat out better spec, hell even focus is probably better.

It just gets the short end of the stick on so many aspects of the class (centering, survivability, utility). There isn't really anything to recommend it over the other specs.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Whether you like his posting style or not, Hizoka was right that a huge problem with combat is that it's based around a few second window, and you're taking 5 or 6 talents to equal the damage output that one or two talents can manage for other classes.

I don't think the issues with Combat are PVE based, but I think it would still come out lower in terms of DPS/utility in PVE as well.

Perhaps if Ataru procs granted health instead of burn effects there wouldn't be such a massive disparity between the two trees, but the way things are now, there's very little draw toward speccing combat, especially for PVP, unless you like a challenge.

For me, I'm going to sell out and spec Watchman, even though I rarely do that in these games. The challenge was fun, but I'd rather be a bigger asset to my team. When Combat is brought more in line with the other specs I'll be the first one to go back though, that's for sure.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is anyone else having troubles with blade storm?

i was combat when i hit 50 and my gear was meh. i went watchman all my mods are now 56+ and my bs still does the same amount when i had the low lvl mods.

i cant seem to get over 3.2k

str is over 1500. surge is 70% ish.

why is my bs so low? did i not stack up the right stat?

Combat sentinels can root people with crippling throw. Sentinels have enough tools to avoid getting kited for an extended period of time, regardless of the spec.

Yeah. The 15% speed increase is a huge boon to being able to stay on people. It makes an enormous difference.

I went back to Watchman last night to see how I would feel about it now, that I'm much more experienced and I seriously miss the Combat mechanics.

is anyone else having troubles with blade storm?

i was combat when i hit 50 and my gear was meh. i went watchman all my mods are now 56+ and my bs still does the same amount when i had the low lvl mods.

i cant seem to get over 3.2k

str is over 1500. surge is 70% ish.

why is my bs so low? did i not stack up the right stat?

Well, if you're specced watchman now, sounds like you're breaking even- that's because you lost all the talents that make blade storm so potent for Combat by respeccing, unless I'm misreading your post.

Well, if you're specced watchman now, sounds like you're breaking even- that's because you lost all the talents that make blade storm so potent for Combat by respeccing, unless I'm misreading your post.

got to 50(combat) had low lvl gear was doing 2.9k or 3k bs

switched to watchman got good armor/mods all 56+ with 5 rakata implants and ear piece, bracer and belt with augs

switched back to comabt thinking my bs would be stronger but its not that much stronger only does like 300 morre damage and my

my str went up like 200-300 since i was combat spec

got to 50(combat) had low lvl gear was doing 2.9k or 3k bs

switched to watchman got good armor/mods all 56+ with 5 rakata implants and ear piece, bracer and belt with augs

switched back to comabt thinking my bs would be stronger but its not that much stronger only does like 300 morre damage and my

my str went up like 200-300 since i was combat spec

Yeah, Blade Rush is the skill that scales with gear in that tree, not Blade Storm. Blade Storm is just the icing on the cake. Blade Rush will literally melt faces with good gear (as will Overload Saber and Cauterize in Watchman).

Yeah, Blade Rush is the skill that scales with gear in that tree, not Blade Storm. Blade Storm is just the icing on the cake. Blade Rush will literally melt faces with good gear (as will Overload Saber and Cauterize in Watchman).

my blade rush does around 1.4k max is that usually good?

im kinda disappointing in bs because i raised my stats and it didnt increase that much at all

im kinda disappointing in bs because i raised my stats and it didnt increase that much at all

There is a soft cap with DR on how much your base stat will affect bonus damage and crit. Try stacking power and see if BS scales a bit better.

There is a soft cap with DR on how much your base stat will affect bonus damage and crit. Try stacking power and see if BS scales a bit better.

There is no DR on damage from main stat. It's a flat 0.20 damage per point. Power on the other hand is a flat 0.23 damage per point. Both Crit and Crit from Strength have DR though.

That's not bad. That would crit for around 2.3k with decent surge and you get an Ataru proc on top of that so you're looking at anything from 1.9k to 3.4k per second at a low focus cost that's spamable. Cap it off with a Blade Storm for insane burst.

That's not bad. That would crit for around 2.3k with decent surge and you get an Ataru proc on top of that so you're looking at anything from 1.9k to 3.4k per second at a low focus cost that's spamable. Cap it off with a Blade Storm for insane burst.

oh that damage is with ataru proc. just tested it does 1.2k with ataru proc

There is no DR on damage from main stat. It's a flat 0.20 damage per point. Power on the other hand is a flat 0.23 damage per point. Both Crit and Crit from Strength have DR though.

DR for surge is like 225. my surge is a little lower than that.

power is hitting on 200

Edited by slowantics