BW ignored the wants and needs of Combat

Obi-Rev

The problem isn't with the spec itself, the spec is bugged HORRIBLY right now. I dont know the name off the top of my head, but there is an ability that says "When you're ataru form procs, you get a 100% chance of having your next focus spender deal 10% more damage." THIS ABILITY DOES NOT WORK. The armor pen for the class is amazing, the damage is amazing. HOWEVER, A MAJOR DAMaGE INCREASE DOES NOT WORK. Watch your buffs sometime, you'll be lucky if you get the buff 20% of the time.

The combat spec shines late-game 50 because of accuracy. I was sc****** 109% accuracy, which reduces armor even more. Give them time to fix it and combat will be vicious.

It's 30%, that's what the Marauder Tooltip states and what it acts like, it should NOT show as 100% for sentinels, the tooltip, not the talent, is bugged.

Also, accuracy has zero interaction with armor. It bypasses DEFENSE (Dodge/Parry/Resist), not mitigation.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 30%, that's what the Marauder Tooltip states and what it acts like, it should NOT show as 100% for sentinels, the tooltip, not the talent, is bugged.

Also, accuracy has zero interaction with armor. It bypasses DEFENSE (Dodge/Parry/Resist), not mitigation.

This clearly shows how much you know about what works or does not work for combats. Opportune Attack does NOT add 10% damage to your focus attacks even if it does proc.

Edited by JediMasterKent

This clearly shows how much you know about what works or does not work for combats. Opportune Attack does NOT add 10% damage to your focus attacks even if it does proc.

Aw, how cute. Still trying to debate combat with me. Live Watchman and Prosper.

Yes, the damage portion of it is not working. However, that's not what the quoted was complaining about. The proc portion of it is not bugged, it is bugged on the tooltip. The damage half was irrelevant to my answer, though I suppose I could/should have worded it better.

make the crippling throw root talent also add another 10% heal debuff

increase blade rush damage by a small amount, like 100 more base damage

make precision slash make the next 5 attacks have 100% amor pen instead of 6 seconds. Though increase the cooldown of it to maybe 30 seconds? This will make it more effective for PvP so your damage buff can be used on your terms, while increasing the CD will not overpower the PvE side of things.

Fix master strike. It still sometimes goes into the animation without actually activating which just causes a 3 sec self stun.

Fix opportune attack to give the damage bonus it says it gives

and ta da more people would be willing to be combat spec including myself.

Edited by KilllerRock

As buggy as combat is, I'm able do more damage than any watchmen. Combat does not need any sort of buff but rather, it needs it's buggy talents + animation stutters fixed.

Though, I do say this pre-surge nerf :p because of this, watchmen pulls slightly ahead. This is incredibly sad for me to say but, until they fix talents + animation stutters Combat won't do as much damage as watchmen.

you are 100% full of crap. As it stands its not possible for Combat to produce the number watchmen can. You can beat a poorly played watchmen, but a tank can also out DPS a poorly played watchmen. NOTHING in game is capable out of DPSing a properly played Watchmen Sentinel.

the thing is good players know Combat in its current form is trash, bad players thing its great but do not realize its got tons of worthless talents more midigated damage and broken abilities.

Combat is for the simple people, Watchmen is for skilled players. Bad players also think combat is better because its far easier to play and fail at playing watchmen thus think watchmen does less damage.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude - quote

Combat is indeed eaiser to play. However, your ego is blocking you here.

Just because something is easier/harder to control doesn't mean it's better. Watchman is a lot better spec if you aren't fully supported. Combat is a more damaging spec line, but is hard to use unless you are assured of outside healing support.

Combat is indeed eaiser to play. However, your ego is blocking you here.

Just because something is easier/harder to control doesn't mean it's better. Watchman is a lot better spec if you aren't fully supported. Combat is a more damaging spec line, but is hard to use unless you are assured of outside healing support.

it also has at least 6 talents that are 100% worthless that you must take. It is fewer but bigger numbers Watchmen is far more consistant and more damage once you have been in a fight past 40 seconds.

the thing is good players know Combat in its current form is trash, bad players thing its great but do not realize its got tons of worthless talents more midigated damage and broken abilities.

Combat is for the simple people, Watchmen is for skilled players. Bad players also think combat is better because its far easier to play and fail at playing watchmen thus think watchmen does less damage.

LOL, please. I agree on watchman having a greater damage output, but combat is for who?

If we're talking about PVE, well, even a five years old can learn a rotation, but try combat in PVP.

We are forced to follow a rotation to deal decent damage.

We don't have self-healings.

Building centering is a lot slower.

We have to root our targets all the time to make sure we'll get to use a decent Blade Storm.

One stun and our rotation is gone, as precision slash only works for 6 seconds.

If we don't pay attention we run out of focus in no time, because our important skills take a LOT of focus.

Played watchman and it is not that harder, so don't come here and tell me my spec is simple, because it is not.

Not trolling on this one but I want to know.

What are these 6 worthless talents in the Combat tree you are talking about?

steadfast - accuracy you do not need - 3 points

debilitation - worthless in PvE and if you are smart worthless in PvP - 2 points

Displacement/fleet footed - both worthless in PvE - 2 points (you pick one)

thats 7 points that you must take to move up the tree that are worthless for raiding thats 7 points that can be spent upping damage that you have to waste for an inferior spect in every way for a raid.

In PvP the spec is even more fail because your damage is based in a 4.5 second window (Presision lasts 6 seconds but 1.5 of that is gone because of the GCD) no matter how you argue as is stands combat is a terrible spec.

Oh now that's just bad. You totally don't have to spec though. Good points, but like the counter arguement to this one is saying "Watchman is bad because you have to spec the snare to Cauterize, and that's worthless in PvE"

Or the speed boost to our speed boost, etc.

See what I mean yo?

I will agree to the Precision Slash though. I'm not a fan of it in it's current form. The buff is just a little short in duration.

Oh now that's just bad. You totally don't have to spec though. Good points, but like the counter arguement to this one is saying "Watchman is bad because you have to spec the snare to Cauterize, and that's worthless in PvE"

Or the speed boost to our speed boost, etc.

See what I mean yo?

I will agree to the Precision Slash though. I'm not a fan of it in it's current form. The buff is just a little short in duration.

there are 0 wasted talents in a watchmen spec. ZERO.

Talking to you is like arguing with a pre-schooler. I'll play also.

there are 0 wasted talents in a combat spec. ZERO.

well you are far too ignorant to continue to discuss things with, if you think that points that doing nothing are useful then play the inferior spec.

For PVE?

Recompense, inflammation, and even force fade to an extent are pretty useless in raids.

Force Fade is debatable, as it is quite useful for ignoring spike damage, but you don't waste any points getting to Merciless if you don't want to:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/sentinel/#::f21e5fe3fe4fe3f20:

However, in Combat, you've got one point wasted in either Temperance or Steadfast before you even get 11 points into the tree. Then you've got Oppertune Attack, which is bugged and therefore just 2 points to get to where you can have Combat Trance. Then in order to get to the 6th tier, you need to waste 2 more points in either steadfast, Temperence, Fleet-Footed, or Displacement, then, since Debilitation is worthless, you've got 2 more points that you have to spend on wasted talents to get Blade Rush.

For PvP, Combat doesn't waste points, but for PvE? it absolutely does.

Some people just can't accept that another spec might actually be viable or that they play anything but the coolest/hardest/"leet"/pro/awesome spec. If/when the day comes that Combat does more than Watchmen, you will a HUGE shift of people claiming Watchmen sucks *** and that Combat is the best. I'm calling it now. :rolleyes:

But as it stands, Watchmen DOES do better than Combat on many levels. I've seen plenty of fixes that'll work, but until it's fixed, I can't bring myself to work that hard for so little reward. :(

Some people just can't accept that another spec might actually be viable or that they play anything but the coolest/hardest/"leet"/pro/awesome spec. If/when the day comes that Combat does more than Watchmen, you will a HUGE shift of people claiming Watchmen sucks *** and that Combat is the best. I'm calling it now. :rolleyes:

But as it stands, Watchmen DOES do better than Combat on many levels. I've seen plenty of fixes that'll work, but until it's fixed, I can't bring myself to work that hard for so little reward. :(

i agree if combat gets to where you do not have many wasted points and lower utility and damge i would love for it to be as good. I am a big fan of playing what you like to play, but as it stands right now combat is inferior to watchmen in every way right now. I hope they fix it i would love to see both specs equal again like they were back in beta before they messed up combat.

Some people just can't accept that another spec might actually be viable or that they play anything but the coolest/hardest/"leet"/pro/awesome spec. If/when the day comes that Combat does more than Watchmen, you will a HUGE shift of people claiming Watchmen sucks *** and that Combat is the best. I'm calling it now. :rolleyes:(

Pretty dumb mate. "you called it"? No kidding? Currently watchman does more than combat, so its better. If combat becomes better than watchman, of course watchman is now going to be claimed as the inferior spec, BECAUSE IT IS.

In 5 years when sedans get 10mpg better than they do today, people are going to say what they get today is inferior. IM CALLING IT NOW. ALL HAIL MY ABILITY TO PREDICT TRENDS!

Pretty dumb mate. "you called it"? No kidding? Currently watchman does more than combat, so its better. If combat becomes better than watchman, of course watchman is now going to be claimed as the inferior spec, BECAUSE IT IS.

In 5 years when sedans get 10mpg better than they do today, people are going to say what they get today is inferior. IM CALLING IT NOW. ALL HAIL MY ABILITY TO PREDICT TRENDS!

yeah we all see your point, but whats being said is that Watchman outshines combat in every way because of its stacked

no min range on leap

reduced CD on leap

self heals

zen= more heals ( can get an extra medal in wzs for it) and 100% crit on DoTs

faster centering built

faster focus built

less focus spending ( cart and blades 2 focus each and those are your main abilities)

Merc slash diminished CD on use of it

reduced CD on kick and pacify

Combat is so gimped compared to watchman its not even funny, and the only argument against your statement is look at focus spec, alot of sents claim focus is the best spec because of high number, and don't get me wrong focus spec is a great tree as well...watchman and focus are waaaaaay different from each other yet still offer big numbers and a completely different play style that a skilled player can in most cases kill anyone 1v1. Combat on the other hand, even a skilled player struggles to kill an average player with equal gear.

I just still find it funny how BW STILL has yet to even acknowledged the issues with combat tree considering how many sents want to play the spec but are pretty much forced into the other 2 if they want to be able to compete in pvp.

I will say as it stands now the only thing combat is good for is huttball, since you have all those roots.

I would like to see combat have a couple more burst options.

In general, we are weak, weak, weak, BURST, weak, weak weak.

Its not enough considering we are usually the first to die in almost any combat situation.

The combination of medium survivability and damage ramp up makes for a very difficult class/skill tree to use effectively.

It fun but it needs some serious work.