People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

What about people that "quit" because of disconnection? How bad are the penalties going to be?

These questions need to be answered because if the penalties are really bad it will discourage people from doing warzones cause they will fear being disconnected and being set back lord knows how much.

Most likely just a short timeout period. But in all honesty, by the time you get internet connectivity restored, patcher loaded back up, logged into the game, and loaded into fleet, you may just be facing no more than a 10 minute wait. A good time to get up, grab a soda, make a sammich, have a smoke break, use the bathroom, order a pizza, or a thousand different things we've all done in previous MMO's that had similar penalties and we suddenly got disconnected.

It really is much ado about nothing, in those circumstances.

Edited by Nangasaur

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that people are still not geting the fact that leaving Warzones is rude.

I do like this quote though,

Gabe Amatangelo: Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

So afkers will be kicked by the group, least people will be punished for it. Few minutes I reckon is good enough, would like to see 10 minutes or more.

I also like,

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior.

Gabe says "behavior" two times, which means I assume they never intended people able to leave for stupid reasons. The "behavior" is all the excuses people are making, and that "behavior" needs put in check asap.

Aka why they are puting a kick a person option, and I assume more rules on way.

This makes me happy, can't wait for that patch 1.2.

It can't come sooner. :)

Edited by Caeliux

Oh, so then by removing that penalty, you mean they are now going to reward people for pushing the "Leave Warzone" button?

Since the opposite of penalty is reward, that's gotta be what they mean, right?

I replied in the last thread, only somewhat mockingly, that what they posted could refer too resolving the extended loading times. Though the crux of the counter was to aid people in seeing that "penalties for quitters" was added like an afterthought to the bulk of the post. It wasn't the focus of the post at all but some chose to leap at it like it was a lifeline to credibility.

Considering how often plans change, we could get a "penalty for quitters" tomorrow... or never. Now we get a response posted today which actually had a "players who leave warzones" part in the question but was not part of the answer. Instead of looking at that and wondering, you start claiming you are two for two?

You don't get it, whether it is because you won't or just can't I don't know, and I find that a bit saddening.

Though only a bit...

Edited by SirRobin

SO let me get this straight. People will be able to vote kick people from WZ's. So now premades are going to be able to kick known people they think suck or are under geared and those people are going to get penalized for sucking or not being geared? Sounds like a fair deal to me?

RIP SWTOR.

Considering how often plans change, we could get a "penalty for quitters" tomorrow... or never.

It's coming in 1.2, it has been posted. More rules are coming, Bioware knows it's BS that people are quitting and going afk, they are working on it and it will be here soon.

Never is a wrong statement, soon is the correct one.

SO let me get this straight. People will be able to vote kick people from WZ's. So now premades are going to be able to kick known people they think suck or are under geared and those people are going to get penalized for sucking or not being geared? Sounds like a fair deal to me?

RIP SWTOR.

It is for people going afk, what don't you understand? I assume you understand that people won't be able to abuse a afk vote correct?

Or are you assuming that people are going to exploit the afk kick for kicking people they don't want in party?

Your assumptions are hilarious, seriously.

Please stop typing forever.

Edited by Caeliux

RIP SWTOR.

Now now, we don't have much in the way of details about it. It might take the whole team to vote and the majority carries the day. Its more of a "wait and see" in my opinion as far as the particulars of how it works.

It's coming in 1.2, it has been posted. More rules are coming, Bioware knows it's BS that people are quitting and going afk, they are working on it and it will be here soon.

Never is a wrong statement, soon is the correct one.

Oh please, if you have spent any significant length of time in MMORPG's you would know how often plans change. I recall WoW even had the Honor system printed in the box's manual but we didn't see it for months. Not to mention that what we got was very different from what was printed.

Edited by SirRobin

It is for people going afk, what don't you understand? I assume you understand that people won't be able to abuse a afk vote correct?

Or are you assuming that people are going to exploit the afk kick for kicking people they don't want in party?

Your assumptions are hilarious, seriously.

Please stop typing forever.

I dont think my post was very hard to understand. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Oh please, if you have spent any significant length of time in MMORPG's you would know how often plans change. I recall WoW even had the Honor system printed in the box's manual but we didn't see it for months. Not to mention that what we got was very different from what was printed.

Change maybe, but rules are coming.

"Gladoss, titdiscus, Leoran: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?"

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

That does read 1.2, that also reads they don't like the behavior people are using in Warzones with leaving and going afk.

I assume they are on it, and it is coming asap. It has to for ranked matches.

We don't want a QQ time rank matches without rules and guide lines.

Edited by Caeliux

I dont think my post was very hard to understand. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Oh I understood you, and you are making me laugh. I reckon the worst kind of gamers would kick the weakest link, and exploit the afk kick option.

Believe me Bioware would nip that in the bud asap. I also assume that it has to be the whole Warzone to kick, and the person being kicked would have to be idle, aka standing still or in a afk posture.

The option is for afker's, not lets make a deal or lets vote Ginger off Gilligan's Island.

Geeze. :rolleyes:

Edited by Caeliux

I replied in the last thread, only somewhat mockingly, that what they posted could refer too resolving the extended loading times. Though the crux of the counter was to aid people in seeing that "penalties for quitters" was added like an afterthought to the bulk of the post. It wasn't the focus of the post at all but some chose to leap at it like it was a lifeline to credibility.

Considering how often plans change, we could get a "penalty for quitters" tomorrow... or never. Now we get a response posted today which actually had a "players who leave warzones" part in the question but was not part of the answer. Instead of looking at that and wondering, you start claiming you are two for two?

You don't get it, whether it is because you won't or just can't I don't know, and I find that a bit saddening.

Though only a bit...

Just because the Q&A session didn't word it exactly as you wanted, that makes the Lead Combat Designer's credibility as being diminished?

Both parts have been answered, very firmly in fact. The Lead Combat Designer said there will be penalties for quitters.

The Q&A session addressed this antisocial behavior even further, by stating there will be a votekick system to get rid of folks who deliberately engage in unwanted behavior such as AFK'ing.

Just because they weren't put into the exact same post, doesn't make them both valid. It's like going back to the first few pages of this thread and Paradigamer still insisting, even now after the Q&A, that I'm wrong about the votekick system because the Lead Combat Designer didn't mention it.

They don't have to keep saying the same thing over and over again. All that matters is if they come back and say, "We changed our mind about penalizing quitters, and now are just going to put in a votekick system." Then it would be a totally different story. You're putting words in their mouths at this point, however.

Again I ask, post a thread requesting clarification. If you are unwilling to seek clarification, then you're just trolling and baiting people into an argument. If you genuinely want clarification, you will seek it.

This, "we'll wait and see" approach you are taking, and then at the same time telling us we're wrong, are completely contradictory to someone who wants clarification, and really just wants to get a rise out of everyone.

Edited by Nangasaur

Oh, and for anyone who still wants me to post my sources about the votekick system I stated many times in the previous thread and this thread that we will be getting, HERE YOU GO, from today's Q&A. I am now 2 for 2 on my "predictions." Or do I have an inside source? Conspiracy theorists want to know!

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

looks to me like you were wrong about the group dropping debuff as you so adamantly presented it. Sweeping generalized guesses don't count. That makes you a lucky 1 for 2. You try to present yourself as an all-knowing omnipotent source of insider info when you are just another e-warrior making guesses. Knock it off, nobody buys it.

The "understand" wasn't the problem, or rather it was to a degree. However, empathy seemed to be the greater point of apparent difficulty for him.

Change maybe, but is rules are coming coming.

That does read 1.2, that also reads they don't like the behavior people are using in Warzones with leaving and going afk.

I assume they are on it, and it is coming asap. It has to for ranked matches.

We don't want a QQ time of rank matches without rules and guide lines.

Well of course rules are coming. They sure as hell better be. The exploiting, hacking, and even botting, has to be reined in... Doesn't it? Can't very well do that without there being rules for them to break. Well there are rules already of course but its not like having more rules, maybe actually sort of enforced this time, won't make things worse now will they?

Edited by SirRobin

Did they happen to mention they are going to add a "choice" option for what WZ's you want to play? Because if I HAVE to play Voidstars I think I will just stop doing WZ's period.

On a brighter note GW2 went to public Beta today!! Shouldnt be too long till we have a real PVP option and can leave this behind.

They need to fix the que system first, if they add a lock out now, would be a bad idea.. people crashing can't get back into the WF as it is.. Then to punish them for crashing. yeah bad idea for now.

If you dont like who your fighting or the team your on. You should be able to quit and reque,

Also if they want to slove this problem. Put a system in "Don't add me to Groups with so and so. or add me into groups with so and so more." that way, We get qued with the teams we want. and face the pvper we want to.

looks to me like you were wrong about the group dropping debuff as you so adamantly presented it. Sweeping generalized guesses don't count. That makes you a lucky 1 for 2. You try to present yourself as an all-knowing omnipotent source of insider info when you are just another e-warrior making guesses. Knock it off, nobody buys it.

This was posted by the Lead Combat Designer, midway down in this thread on page 61 http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=295190&page=61

Patch 1.2, among many other PvP changes, will remove the reliance on daily quests for your gear progression (and therefore increasing the value of the commendations you get for playing a match to the end) and penalties for quitters.

It goes hand-in-hand with virtually everything covered in the Q&A. The Q&A stated that quitters are unwanted behavior. The Q&A went on, even further, to state that there will be a votekick system to get rid of afk players.

So, I'm not sure why you or robin are confused about this.

Edited by Nangasaur

Did they happen to mention they are going to add a "choice" option for what WZ's you want to play? Because if I HAVE to play Voidstars I think I will just stop doing WZ's period.

On a brighter note GW2 went to public Beta today!! Shouldnt be too long till we have a real PVP option and can leave this behind.

I've never liked GW's art style. I may try GW2, but its not on my "definite buy" list by any means.

As far as picking your WZ? Gabe said something less than brilliant about that already. We'll get it at some point, maybe with 1.2 maybe not.

I think most ppl simply dont´t stand losing in PvP because they´re not there to have fun (they should be) they´re there to grind for gear. Stupid PvP gear that has ruined so many MMOs in the past. (resilience anyone?).

Ugh, I think it was the second or third time I subscribed to WoW that the resilience stat was new. Losing his burst almost brought a tear to my orc warrior's eye. :(

Hold on to your hats folks! Them posts! They are a deleting!

Edited by SirRobin

Well since a whole chain was apparently too offensive... I guess I'll just have to reiterate my reiteration.

As long as the causes of players wanting to leave warzones is not aggressively addressed, then players will continue to do so. Attempting to force paying customers to do something they don't want to do, like being valor farmed as an example, is not the brightest thing to do when the market is full of competitors and some of them are free.

Edited by SirRobin