People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

This situation is getting way out of control. Today, I'm getting into warzones with only 5 people left in them which then fill up and gradually empty again. More and more people are just leaving a warzone at the first sight of a loss. I don't usually leave. Today after getting into that 5 man warzone and watching repeat people joining afterwards and leaving I finally thought wth should I be the one to stay in this if noone can be arsed to take their turn when a loss comes, so I bailed. It's got to the point where the system is now just broken.

We need a fix. I don't see any other way besides applying a penalty. A 15 minute debuff preventing queueing for more warzone seems like the most reasonable suggestion so far.

Whatever happens, it can't stay as it is.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Since the previous incarnation of this thread passed the 1k mark, we've recreated the thread for you to continue your discussion in.

The previous thread can be found here for your reference.

A couple of reminders for you to keep in mind:

• Rude comments and Insults are not allowed. There are many different opinions and we expect our community members to be respectful of one another and their opinions.
  • Trolling is not allowed either. This includes posts that are meant for the sole purpose of causing disruptions in the threads, flames or overly negative reactions.
  • Ignore list - If you find that you absolutely cannot get along with someone, please place them on your ignore list.
  • Flag - If you think a post is breaking the forum rules, please flag it so the Community Team can investigate.

We thank you for your efforts in keeping the thread on topic, constructive and respectful.

This is being fixed in 1.1.4. Read the patch notes.
We know it is. This is the second thread about the issue because the one that got the ball rolling finally maxed out on post count. And actually, it's being fixed in 1.2, per the Lead Combat Designer.

What's being fixed in 1.1.4 is the exploit to get more than 8 people in a warzone.

Edited by Nangasaur

This game has NO competition, and no way of counting it.

All rated warzones will do is make things WORSE. The exploiters will try more than ever because they will still get wins. solos will join and leave just so their friends can get easy wins, rated warzones are a BAD idea.

Sure, balanced competition is hard to create in an MMORPG, but that's really not the issue as warzones now are being pillaged as a gear grind, not as a form of competition for most players.

I keep hearing the same thing over and over again from the same few people on this thread...

"If I can't win, I quit. And I just can't lose. I can tell when I'm going to lose because everyone here but me is a loser. Trust me I just know it. I'm special and I deserve to be surrounded by winners who will win and everyone else can suck it. The game even lets me quit so I can win, therefore BioWare thinks I am a winner for being a quitter and thusly so I am not a loser like all of you naive idiots that think good sportsmanship will help you win. I have never ever lost a warzone, well, except for the times I only stayed because I was 100% sure we would win but we didn't. That's because the other team probably had more quitters than we did. LOL whoever came up with the phrase quitters never win really has no idea what they're talking about. He was probably a baddie anyways lololol."

Of course not anyone has really said any of that. But that's generally what it translates to in my opinion. The quitters are lucky that it has been like this for as long as it has. I seriously wonder where we are headed as a society when there are people literally whining that they will no longer be rewarded for taking their ball and going home.

Man up for God's sake.

And you blame the people who quit to make up for your lack of skill.
Ok, so let's say those of us in support of quitter penalties just face the music and say we are all not very good at PVP, to get this out of the quitter club's hands as argument leverage.

Now that that's over with, we'll also say: No, we blame the quitters for fostering an unsportsmanlike PVP environment, and griefing their own team who just want to play the game as it's intended.

hello and welcome...

if you just joined us we're talking about warzone leavers and quitters that don't think the next patch should be added cause life isn't fair!

here come their stories!

Well, not really.

It's a discussion about the pros and cons of a penalty for quitting a war zone.

I find it hilarious that many of you think people quitting now will suddenly try harder.

They'll either AFK, or not queue. If they AFK they'll be hurting your team even worse than now. If they don't queue, you'll have longer queues, or your team will not even fill out and there will be more 8vs5 and 8vs6 matches.

If people are struggling to finish a raid because of bugs, and then Bioware suddenly makes all of the bosses have 20% more HP and do 20% more damage. Do you really think they'd suddenly try harder? A few would, but most would just stop raiding.

Edited by savionen

I keep hearing the same thing over and over again from the same few people on this thread...

"If I can't win, I quit. And I just can't lose. I can tell when I'm going to lose because everyone here but me is a loser. Trust me I just know it. I'm special and I deserve to be surrounded by winners who will win and everyone else can suck it. The game even lets me quit so I can win, therefore BioWare thinks I am a winner for being a quitter and thusly so I am not a loser like all of you naive idiots that think good sportsmanship will help you win. I have never ever lost a warzone, well, except for the times I only stayed because I was 100% sure we would win but we didn't. That's because the other team probably had more quitters than we did. LOL whoever came up with the phrase quitters never win really has no idea what they're talking about. He was probably a baddie anyways lololol."

Of course not anyone has really said any of that. But that's generally what it translates to in my opinion. The quitters are lucky that it has been like this for as long as it has. I seriously wonder where we are headed as a society when there are people literally whining that they will no longer be rewarded for taking their ball and going home.

Man up for God's sake.

I'm glad you posted this again so i can Quote it and say "WIN"

I find it hilarious that many of you think people quitting now will suddenly try harder.

They'll either AFK, or not queue. If they AFK they'll be hurting your team even worse than now. If they don't queue, you'll have longer queues, or your team will not even fill out and there will be more 8vs5 and 8vs6 matches.

If people are struggling to finish a raid, and then Bioware suddenly makes all of the bosses have 20% more HP and do 20% more damage. Do you really think they'd suddenly try harder? A few would, but most would just stop raiding.

They will continue to queue for sure, it's the best means of accomplishing a major part of character development in the game. Most likely the will be doing more in premades though.

hello and welcome...

if you just joined us we're talking about warzone leavers and quitters that don't think the next patch should be added cause life isn't fair!

here come their stories!

I'd like to personally thank DasWasup, the OP, my family, my manager, and of course all the inspiring members of the Academy - all of whom without which wouldn't have made it possible for me to accept the award for most posts in the previous thread.

And to make sure this post stays on topic: I still, and always will, remain in full support of any measure taken to discourage people from abandoning a warzone for illegitimate reasons and causing grief to the majority of the player base.

Edited by Nangasaur

They will continue to queue for sure, it's the best means of accomplishing a major part of character development in the game. Most likely the will be doing more in premades though.

Or, not. You can only make a premade of 4 people, so it's not going to suddenly solve anything. And if everyone in the game made premades you'll still be forced into the same situations. Except you'd have 4 people quit at once, or 4 people AFKing.

If people are struggling to finish a raid because of bugs, and then Bioware suddenly makes all of the bosses have 20% more HP and do 20% more damage. Do you really think they'd suddenly try harder? A few would, but most would just stop raiding.

If you're going to sit in a warzone like a turd by all means, do it. It will only give BioWare more reason add measures to penalize afkers and griefers. We will be much better without you.

Oh look, it's another round of, Bioware, thank you for making it so all those squishy undergeared, disorganized people I was ruthlessly farming until they left the match have to stay now!

If this game has auction house players, I recommend stocking up on gear stealthies need, because we're going to be seeing a lot of them in the future as a counter to feeding the meat grinder.

I know I'll be playing my sin or my op and giggling as I deny farmers their kills.

And you blame the people who quit to make up for your lack of skill.

I assume you are one of the delusional who think if you are losing it is someone's fault. Now you have surpassed the ability to determine that everyone but you on your team is bad and quit, now you have the ability to look on forums and determine who is bad. Will you be quitting this thread now?

Well, not really.

It's a discussion about the pros and cons of a penalty for quitting a war zone.

I'm fairly certain that all the pros and cons have been hashed out and argued to death, and newcomers to the discussion can benefit by either adding their opinions, or giving the same excuses for leaving warzones early.

Some reasons are legitimate, most are just very unsportsmanlike and unhealthy to the PVP environment.

totally agree!

so a few things need to happen here!

-give rewards/medals/valor w/e only to those who participate! go ahead and afk! you get nothing in the end.

-kick option need 4-5 votes to remove someone from a warzone!

-deserter buff - u cant enter for leaving for another 20-30 minutes

-add the option to select the warzone you enter.

- open cross server warzones!

Or, not. You can only make a premade of 4 people, so it's not going to suddenly solve anything. And if everyone in the game made premades you'll still be forced into the same situations. Except you'd have 4 people quit at once, or 4 people AFKing.

My point was, those that were soloing before and quitting will now probably hedge the bets against having to quit by forming more premades, whereas before they would tend to go it alone. Obviously having a premade does not guarantee a win, but it does increase the odds.

Oh look, it's another round of, Bioware, thank you for making it so all those squishy undergeared, disorganized people I was ruthlessly farming until they left the match have to stay now!

If this game has auction house players, I recommend stocking up on gear stealthies need, because we're going to be seeing a lot of them in the future as a counter to feeding the meat grinder.

I know I'll be playing my sin or my op and giggling as I deny farmers their kills.

Sweet! Sounds like you'll be having fun doing...?