A way to fix snipers

Labradoraki

Being a Marauder is a LOT more difficult than being a Sniper, we have to fight at close range, have no cover, can't force charge cover, have to juggle 17 different attacks plus other abilities, AND use medium armor. All you have to do is snipe. I don't understand why you think we need a nerf, because we have no survivability against anyone.

I don't think this is true

Having to plop down into cover for access to real abilities is a limitation that can't really be compared to others...

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha i have a 50 marauder as well, it is way more suited for huttball. You are complaining about alot of attacks ROFL. Snipers have just as many attacks and each with different outcomes.

Plus on marauder you can easily build rage in a matter of seconds, where as power starved snipers need at least a minute to build enough power for one attack.

here's a novel idea...

how bout not running out of power?

have ya tried that?

i have! and let me tell you, the results are amazing!!

let me be the first to introduce a new strategy...and it's called POWER MANAGEMENT!!! (/backgroundwhisper "power")

don't just hunker down anymore and spam energy reducing abilities!! try my new strategy and you'll be saving power and able to use any ability you want, in no time!!

all you do is....

not sit there like a sitting duck, spamming abilities!!!

NO! this new strategy involves movement, situational awareness, and using your FREE energy cost ability while you move!! (/backgroundwhisper "power")

if you act now, i will tell you all my tricks to POWER MANAGEMENT and get you on your way to successful gameplay as a Sniper.

simply send me $129.99 and you'll receive all the information you need to be playing your class correctly and efficiently in no time!!!

or, L2P...for free.

Edited by T-Assassin

ha i have a 50 marauder as well, it is way more suited for huttball. You are complaining about alot of attacks ROFL. Snipers have just as many attacks and each with different outcomes.

Plus on marauder you can easily build rage in a matter of seconds, where as power starved snipers need at least a minute to build enough power for one attack.

Yeah, but there are so many attacks and abilities that it is impossible to really use any of them, and some should probably just be combined. Snipers really just have to shoot, and they can kill a Marauder easily. Marauders can't attack unless they are close enough to hit, and it is easy to move out of range of our attacks, because you can just stun us and run, because resolve is broken so we can be stunned twice. :mad: We also have no knockbacks and our only real stun is force choke, during which we have to be standing still and can be interrupted. I think that Marauder armor at least should have more strength than Juggernaut armor, because it is not fair that a DPS only class should have the same strength as a class that wears heavy armor and can Tank also.

I play a 50 Gunslinger SS spec. All Champion gear except, 1 PvE epic earpiece which I do not plan on replacing. I have no issues in WZ or in Ilum. No issues beating or going toe to toe with players equally geared. Same with BM geared opponents.

I'm usually top 3, if not #1 in kills and dmg, all while doing WZ's objective unless I'm defending. In which, I can defend a node long enough by myself against 1-2 attackers until back up arrives.

Been wanting to spec DF but I'm not a fan of DoTs. I've tried Sab and Sab/DF combo and did not like them. Good intial burst but I found myself waiting for the c/ds more than anything.

No issues with LoS, that's a given when you rolled a range character. You do the same when go up against casters. Either chase them or change target. Everyone has LoS issues, healers, casters, and us. Adapt to it.

I've gone 1v2 and come out victorious numerous times.

Can't complain about my DPS PvP or PvE wise.

As far as survivalibilty, I guess it's the same as any other class without heals. I live long if I'm not targeted or if I have a healer. I can live longer by using all my defensive c/ds if needed. Like any other player, if I'm focused on I'll die quickly. That goes to any player that's not a tank or being guarded, so I can't complain.

The only complaint I have is the buggy Cover system that everyone has.

What I want:

-Better 31 point talent tree for SS. Finish c/d is kind of lame, good for PvE but kind of sucks for PvP. And the c/d on it makes it almost not worth it.

-Replace the 3 point Alracity talent spec in the SS tree. I'm not sure about you guys, but I rarely spend any time casting spell except on Aim Shot when it procs to 1.5 seconds and XS for randomness. An extra .3 seconds save is not worth 3 talent points. I don't ever use Charge Shot unless it's instant.

-I wouldn't mind a slow/maim as well. We're a range dps, hard to kite when there's a lot of classes that can get to us by using 1 cc or ability.

-I suppose I'm biased and requesting these would be like having my cake and ice cream.

I play well, I'm not going to say L2P because everyone plays at different levels. From my experience, I've had success and my Gunslinger will remain my main even though I'm leveling a Trooper Healer and Scoundrel Scrapper =D. Do we need a buff? I'd say not really. Do we need a nerf? Definitely not. Just fix our bugs.

Couldnt agree more, the 31 point talent, and our bugs fixed.. thou i enjoy the alacrity :)

Yeah, but there are so many attacks and abilities that it is impossible to really use any of them, and some should probably just be combined. Snipers really just have to shoot, and they can kill a Marauder easily. Marauders can't attack unless they are close enough to hit, and it is easy to move out of range of our attacks, because you can just stun us and run, because resolve is broken so we can be stunned twice. :mad: We also have no knockbacks and our only real stun is force choke, during which we have to be standing still and can be interrupted. I think that Marauder armor at least should have more strength than Juggernaut armor, because it is not fair that a DPS only class should have the same strength as a class that wears heavy armor and can Tank also.

2 simple questions:

1)Why your "so hard 2 play class" is played like 5-6 times more than sniper?

2)Why there were screens from marauders with 750+k dmg per warzone while no such number from snipers?

2 simple questions:

2)Why there were screens from marauders with 750+k dmg per warzone while no such number from snipers?

Marauder looks awesome, but that doesn't mean it is, and when you look at that damage, how many times did the Marauder die? Our damage is actually good, but we can't do much without dying.

Edited by orangefishboy

Marauder looks awesome, but that doesn't mean it is, and when you look at that damage, how many times did the Marauder die?

Yep. A lot of girls are choosing shiny-looking class. As well as some glamorous guys. But most of the players are actually choosing best class that suits their play style. If they like rdps, they tend to choose best rdps. Seen all those mercs/sorcs around?

Our damage is actually good, but we can't do much without dying

Uh-uh. And I'm nearly immortal due to 6 sec 99% dmg reduction and battle stealth. Oh, wait...

Why does everyone always talk about sniper and gunslinger like there's only one tree?

IMHO, Sharpshooter/MM is fine. It's not good against tanks, working as intended. There are however some playability issues with saboteur and DF because of having to drop into cover for sabo charge and vital shot being too expensive...

I just think its funny that people play one spec, never even try the other ones, then post like 30 times on a forum discussion about balance for the entire AC.

Also, I think a lot of GS take 'going into cover while rooted' as a bug that will get fixed. AFAIK BW has never said that's a bug...would you feel the same way if it never got fixed?

Yep. A lot of girls are choosing shiny-looking class. As well as some glamorous guys. But most of the players are actually choosing best class that suits their play style. If they like rdps, they tend to choose best rdps. Seen all those mercs/sorcs around?

Uh-uh. And I'm nearly immortal due to 6 sec 99% dmg reduction and battle stealth. Oh, wait...

Yes, 6 second dmg reduction that takes 50% of your health and only lasts 6 seconds, and battle stealth that lasts 4 seconds, which people can make useless simply by LOOKING AROUND.

I think that another way they could fix medium armor would be to add some benefit, like increased speed, or decreased speed with heavy armor, because I don't see the attack speed difference between holding one lightsaber, and holding two. Edited by orangefishboy

regardless if the players crap or not, the simple logistics of the class will make a crap player crap yet when you play a bh/sorc a crap player can still do very well

class equality is just broken

Whats your point? plenty of snipers who wreck faces. If the "logistics" of the class require a talanted player to get the best of it then thats the allure of that class, crap players need not apply and can go off and spam tracer or grav round.

A bad player is a bad player and a good player on a sniper is beyond devastating, I just dont get how people have the arrogance to assume they should be able to play something well, people are different and have different playstyles.

Whats your point? plenty of snipers who wreck faces. If the "logistics" of the class require a talanted player to get the best of it then thats the allure of that class, crap players need not apply and can go off and spam tracer or grav round.

A bad player is a bad player and a good player on a sniper is beyond devastating, I just dont get how people have the arrogance to assume they should be able to play something well, people are different and have different playstyles.

let's compare a sniper ability and a sage/sorc ability:

Telekinetic Throw

Instant

Force: 30

Cooldown: 6s

Range: 10 m

Hurls a volley of debris at the target, dealing 4011 kinetic damage and slowing movement speed by 50%. Standard and weak targets are immobilized for the duration.

and

Series of Shots

Instant

Energy: 20

Cooldown: 15s

Range: 30 m

Unleashes a series of shots that deals 3353 - 3736 weapon damage over the duration. Must be in cover to use.

TT has a build in snare, a lower cool down, and since sorcs/sage have nearly unlimited energy, you can say its pretty much free. OH, did i mention TT does more dmg because being tech, it ignores defence while SoS has to pass every single defensive roll... AND best of all, YOU CANT EVEN USE IT OUTSIDE OF COVER!!! :(

The only advantage SoS has is its 20 m range advantage, which is fckin laughable considering the 31 pt talent of the MM tree revolves around this ability, which does less dmg and offers less utility than a lvl 6 sorc/sage spell, how pathetic.

How the hell did the developers overlook such glaring imbalance is beyond me, but something need to be done.

Edited by painsponge

Yes, 6 second dmg reduction that takes 50% of your health and only lasts 6 seconds, and battle stealth that lasts 4 seconds.

That's a lot better then nothing, isn't it?

which people can make useless simply by LOOKING AROUND

That's why marauders with at least half a brain run to the nearest corner.

You have a way to live through multiple people focus. I don't. So who's supposed to survive better?

2 simple questions:

http://i.imgur.com/w0grq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/11Dsg.jpg

750k+ dmg happens all the time from my gunslinger. I like when no one plays the gunslinger/sniper class because not many players know how to react to even a half decent gunslinger in a 1v1+ situation.

Plz Buff Gunslinger we desperately need it.

Edited by Vyndeta

You have resilience, force speed and stealth - plus your combat stealth clears dots. IMHO, pretty decent.

I think that most sharpshooter GS will agree that sharpshooter GS is great for PVE, lackluster for PVP - which IMHO is *FINE* - BUT - the other two talent trees could use a smidgeon of work. Sabo charge and speed shot should not require cover, which would make the saboteur tree a lot more viable/playable (since it's supposed to be a kiting build, considering the 30% snare on shock charge, yet you have to keep dropping into cover to sabo charge since its the main burst in this build) and dirty fighting has energy issues.

I don't think that you need to revamp the entire class or redesign from scratch or give them a ton of epic stuff - just some minor tweaks to remove some of the pains of the class like getting root stunned would be nice.

Also, I think diversion should be part of the class and talented to pull people out of cover, as opposed to being a purely sharpshooter talent tree skill. It's 45% accuracy debuff for 6 seconds, not exactly gamebreaking without the 'prevents cover' component.

It seems like the people who claim the class is fine is looking at it like "I can wipe scrubs with it" rather than a "how was the class meant to perform in the game". Frankly, DF should not have as bad energy issues as it has - I've played almost every AC in the game up to 30 and I've never seen another build with those types of energy issues (Let me know if there is one, I haven't seen one yet so I'm assuming DF is just broken). I've also never seen a kiting build that has to stop all the time - its not like tracer gives a move debuff then requires you to stand still and cast it - it makes up for it with raw damage. If you want me to kite let me move around...

It seems more like these sort of things are oversight just due to lack of play testing.

combat stealth doesn't clear dots fyi. Also, that is a 2 min CD (talented). We are by far the squishiest class in the game when it actually comes to taking hits. I'm not saying we're a weak class, or we need buffs or any of that. I'm just saying we go down fast when focused.

http://i.imgur.com/w0grq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/11Dsg.jpg

750k+ dmg happens all the time from my gunslinger. I like when no one plays the gunslinger/sniper class because not many players know how to react to even a half decent gunslinger in a 1v1+ situation.

Plz Buff Gunslinger we desperately need it.

Interesting. Never saw both team stuck at 2nd door.

Have any good screens from huttball?

Edited by Alkei

WE ARE *********** TALKING ABOUT 50 HERE, ALL CLASSES ANIHILATE BEFORE 501QWBDUBADYSAOUDBSAYUDVASUDBSAUGD

IS IT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND!???!?!?!?!??!? the 50 are completely differnet from non-50....

STOP TALKING IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED FULLY GEARED 50 TO SEE HOW CRAPPY THE DAMAGE IS DUE TO MIGATION....

ALSO ALL 45-49 CLASSES IN WARZONES COMPLETELY OBLITERATE BECAUSE THEY HAVE HIGHEST RANK SKILLS=BIGGER DAMAGE AND FULL TALENTS=EVEN MROE DAMAGE PLSU THEY GET BETTER GEAR

I have a lvl 50. Don't change your accuracy mods and will never get your crap mitigated!

I have a lvl 50. Don't change your accuracy mods and will never get your crap mitigated!

Lol what a buddie.

Mitigation = lowering damage with armor etc.

Avoidance = dodging damage completele with defense.

Accuracy helps only vs avoidance but does not give a thing to mitigation.

let's compare a sniper ability and a sage/sorc ability:

Telekinetic Throw

Instant

Force: 30

Cooldown: 6s

Range: 10 m

Hurls a volley of debris at the target, dealing 4011 kinetic damage and slowing movement speed by 50%. Standard and weak targets are immobilized for the duration.

and

Series of Shots

Instant

Energy: 20

Cooldown: 15s

Range: 30 m

Unleashes a series of shots that deals 3353 - 3736 weapon damage over the duration. Must be in cover to use.

TT has a build in snare, a lower cool down, and since sorcs/sage have nearly unlimited energy, you can say its pretty much free. OH, did i mention TT does more dmg because being tech, it ignores defence while SoS has to pass every single defensive roll... AND best of all, YOU CANT EVEN USE IT OUTSIDE OF COVER!!! :(

The only advantage SoS has is its 20 m range advantage, which is fckin laughable considering the 31 pt talent of the MM tree revolves around this ability, which does less dmg and offers less utility than a lvl 6 sorc/sage spell, how pathetic.

How the hell did the developers overlook such glaring imbalance is beyond me, but something need to be done.

Your ignorance is monumental, you are not comparing mirror classes and lack the ability to figure out why things are why they are. Read the name of the class for the first clue.

I just hit 50 earlier today, and have to say at 49, snipers could beat me into the ground if I didn't catch them off-guard or halfway dead. But at 50, after getting about 5 pieces of pvp gear, I'm not really worried about them 1v1 anymore. I do run as a tank jugg, so I just pop saber ward and pretty much stomp them, and if they get the jump on me then it's a close fight.

I would say they are weak when it comes to taking down the heavily armored classes/specs, probably slightly more than they need to be, especially when you look at sorcs/sages. I don't play a sniper, so I don't have a whole lot to say about that side of it, but they could probably use an ability or 2 being tech so they can at least hit me once or twice before I get in their face.

Interesting. Never saw both team stuck at 2nd door.

Have any good screens from huttball?

Yea Sure ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/680aC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/od9yc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fOAfU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gHCDc.jpg

P.S. Idk why but whenever its a good premade vs premade, getting to the 2nd door and then not moving forward after that happens a lot for some reason.

Edited by Vyndeta

Since snipers are pretty much the squishiest class ingame and their damage is quite weak

HAHAHA are you serious?! Allow me to present you with a screenshot of a round of Voidstar with some guildies. You will notice the sniper at the top. He rerolled from powertech to sniper in january, and he dinged 50 about 1 week prior to this screenshot being taken. His HP of roughly 15k gives you an idea of his gear-level.

http://i.imgur.com/GVHfO.jpg

Funny sith, brah. Weak damage. Funny sith.

(for the ones skeptical of clicking links: he did 659k damage. 728.41 DPS. The #2 damage, me, did 391k. As a cool bonus, some consular did 620k healing)

Edited by Mrs_Murder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.