Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Do you plan on making it possible for pure dps classes (i.e gunslingers, sentinels and empire counterparts) to obtain any warzone medals other than the offence related?

Other classes can with somewhat ease gain 1-3 offspec medals even while specced for dps. I cannot speak for sentinels and marauders but we gunslinging and sniping lads and lasses actually have defensive shield generators stowed away in our back pockets that reduce enemy damage in a way that, as I see it, is pretty much the same as how taunt reduces damage not directed at the taunter (speaking about Scrambling Field and Ballistic Shield of course).

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you plan to make classes and/or advanced classes more unique in the future? I have several characters, and on each of them I have abilities which I will never use, for example, cover abilities for my Operative. Were classes designed to have abilities which would never be used?

Also, with the factions having mirrored abilities, it removes some of the appeal to roll an alt on the opposite faction, as I have credits and crafting on my main. Will faction classes gain new unique abilities in the future?

A lot of people have complained about idlers in WZ's to the point that you are planning to implement a vote kick system, however it seems like the potential for abuse of this system outweighs the problems of Warzone idling. For example what is to stop people from kicking people because they are newly level 50 and don't have gear. This same kind of mentality happened in World of Warcraft with the gearscore rating. It creates an elitist system that is unfair to those who aren't geared and makes it that much more intimidating, and difficult for those trying to get better gear. In my opinion the Vote kick system is a terrible idea, how do you plan to address these concerns?

Expertise is overpowered. Are there plans to modify it in the future or make it easier to attain?

I just finished my second level 50 and enjoyed PvP from levels 14-49. I am playing a jedi Shadow in the tank spec. In the lower bracket pvp, I could tank 2-3 attackers with a good healer at my side. At lev 50, with only 187 expertise, I am almost useless. I regularly am crit for 4-5k hp out of 16k health.

My def stats are: damage reduc 35%, defense 25%, shieled 33% (48% with kinetic ward), and 40% absorb.

Expertise awards damage increase, damage reduction, increase in heals cast and recieved. If you are a new 50, you don't stand a chance.

In below 50 pvp, I was able to deal moderate to good damage, and absorb it very well. At 50, I do negligible damage, and absorb damage poorly.

I don't really mind having to earn my gear and expertise but at this point it is near impossible against teams that have a majority of their players in champion/centurion gear. I can barely contribute to my team. So I am at an impasse. I need to win games to get gear but games are very difficult to win.

Hello

i know i read the report about no High textures but still many including me are cravin for hig resolution textures outdoors indoors creatures enviorment such things people feel cheated on this for me! Excellent game anyways.

So will you inplement Hig Rez textures in the future?

Seeing as we have Space Combat, while I still quite like it as it is of now; I feel it has the potential to be something amazing. Are there any plans to expand on the whole 'Space Combat' and Ships? Such as, open space, with rare discoveries, fighting other players, and maybe just a POSSIBLE use for the Escape Pod? I've yet to have any use for that with my Bounty Hunter, and he's finished his storyline...

We have seen some previews where position and size of some UI components are being worked on. There was nothing in those previews to indicate if we can re-position Quick Slot bars or if we would be getting more of them. What kind of customization for Quick slots is on the way?

As a game very much encouraging alts and the upcoming legacy system being per-server and not per account, can we expect to see an increased number of character slots per server? Possibly to 16? One thing that gets me down about the legacy system is the fact that I can't have every class on each faction benefit from the legacy system, especially race creation options.

The Sith Corruption system is a very unique and cool feature, but currently it doesn't work so well with Red colored characters. It turns them Pink when in the world there are NPC's with red skin and sith corruption that makes them look more intimidating, and not pink. Is this intentional? or something being looked into?