SWTOR Pokemon

Sterlling

Introducing SWTOR Pokemon.

This is a game I have begun playing with some friends within swtor. The premise is very simple.

Each of us has 5 companions and therefore 5 Pokemon. Players request a duel with each other and make their Pokemon fight each other while controlling them.

At no point may the player characters in engage in combat in anyway. No healing or in combat buffs of any kind are permitted. Once the duel has begun you may only use the abilities from your Pokemon's skill set.

The duel is begun at a range of 20m.

HERE IS HOW THE LEVELS WORK.

Assuming you take SWTOR Pokemon relatively seriously, your Pokemon of choice will at the very least have full centurion gear.

A full centurion geared Pokemon is considered to be level 60.

Each piece of Champion gear you equip after this point adds two levels to your Pokemon. NOTE: implants do not count towards your Pokemon's current level.

Example: A pokemon with 7 pieces of centurion gear (two of them being implants which do not count towards level) and 5 pieces of Champion gear will reach a level of 70.

Each piece of Battlemaster gear adds 4 levels to your Pokemon's level.

NOTE: implants do not count towards your Pokemon's current level

The same system is easily applied to equivalent level of raid/PvE gear.

REWARDS

We try to keep battles between Pokemon no more than 5-10 levels apart.

Battles between Pokemon within 5 levels of each other requires the loser to pay 20000 to the victor.

Battles between Pokemon within 6-10 levels of each other have different rewards based on who is the victor. If the lower level Pokemon wins, the owner is paid 30000 by the loser. If the higher level Pokemon wins the owner is paid 10000 by the loser.

All other level differences are too one sided to have credits involved.

There you have it, the complete rules of SWTOR Pokemon. Note that this is meant to be done at level with 50 with well geared companions. Do what you will with the above rules but I do encourage you to at least use the leveling system. My friends and I have ridiculous amounts of fun battling each other and winning and losing credits. Its basically become our own mini-game within SWTOR.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas to build on this.

Me and my friend do this all the time when were bored or waiting on someone to show up for the heroics but we only use the ship droids.

Also, neither one of us has anything equipped on either one of the droids. It makes for a whole lot of nothing happening except them trading blows then occasionally healing themselves, but its good entertainment. Also draws some looks on the fleet.:D

Awesome idea. I had thought about companion only duels but this is taking it to another level.

And Evincar - you could make a droid fighting league!

I guess the lesson here is that you can create some great entertainment within the game just by being creative.

Throwing companions out to fight for your entertainment :o

Pokemon is animal abuse.

This is.... an act of HUMAN VIOLATION!

You people are sick... Sick... SICK!!

I hope the Galactic Police get ahold of this.

On topic, I think it's a good idea XD.

2 words that never should appear together are SWTOR and Pokemon.

Pokemon granted is a kid loving anime show that grew fond over a million people by this time in age.. everyone loves to collect them. Even Blizzard the makers of WoW are even incorporating it into their next expansion. However, I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to combine the game of Pokemon with SWTOR.

SWTOR is scientific where as Pokemon is fantasy. Even tho SWTOR is made up of fictional alien races, Pokemon do not belong into any conversations or the content of SWTOR.

I personally feel that if the makers of Pokemon are going bankrupt or giving rights to other companies that help the Pokemon company out, then it should be done on a company basis and not fan suggested..

The Companion Fighting is a nice suggestion but I would only think that this could lead into some issues with the game mechanics. Unable to control your companion fully or on the other hand controlling your companion but only to a certain extent.

It's like I said.. it's nice but no..the word "Pokemon" in a suggestion should be left out of SWTOR. Sorry.

Edited by TheRealPyxx

2 words that never should appear together are SWTOR and Pokemon.

Pokemon ...................... SWTOR. Sorry.

A new challenger approaches.... Ill raise you your useless post with a better one.

This idea is awesome. My brother, friend and i always duel with our companions but this idea just took it over the top. Thanks a bunch for the level guide.

SWTOP.... get it :jawa_smile: