Shinarika II - Shadow PvP

Xinika

I too served Infiltration and eventually my eyes were opened too.

I'm using DPS gear with a tank off hand during this spec.

The tank offhand is even pretty useless and you'd be better off with a dps focus. You can only shield white attacks and most are not using saber strike 90% of the time unfortunately.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lvl 36 Shadow I've been leveling through just class quests and PvP, using the defense tree right now. I'm about to get the Telekinetic Throw ability so that will be nice, but I'm curious about your abilities.

How do you get what seems to be 2 Projects in a row? It's looks like you're hurling two pieces of debris at your enemies. Is that just a lucky proc from the Particle Acceleration talent?

Are you using Telekinetic Throw a lot when you're specced Kinetic, even without the Harnessed Shadows buff? In between Projects I tend to just Double Strike my opponents and it doesn't do much damage.

Is there a point to using Force Breach with Combat Technique in PvP?

The tank offhand is even pretty useless and you'd be better off with a dps focus. You can only shield white attacks and most are not using saber strike 90% of the time unfortunately.

Actually, your shield works for yellow attacks as well. In addition, without the shield, Kinetic Ward wouldn't serve a purpose.

Edited by Xinika

How do you get what seems to be 2 Projects in a row? It's looks like you're hurling two pieces of debris at your enemies.
It's Upheaval from balance. It's in most kinetic specs and highly recommended for anyone who has any procs to boost project. I find it funny though that full balance is the spec that needs this least.

It's cool for preventing enemies to reach objectives like accessing doors or turrets. I also use this in my rotation when I fight groups. Edited by shagatha

I have a lvl 36 Shadow I've been leveling through just class quests and PvP, using the defense tree right now. I'm about to get the Telekinetic Throw ability so that will be nice, but I'm curious about your abilities.

How do you get what seems to be 2 Projects in a row? It's looks like you're hurling two pieces of debris at your enemies. Is that just a lucky proc from the Particle Acceleration talent?

Are you using Telekinetic Throw a lot when you're specced Kinetic, even without the Harnessed Shadows buff? In between Projects I tend to just Double Strike my opponents and it doesn't do much damage.

-5% accuracy, it is definitely worth it to use Breach with Combat Technique. I use TK sometimes to juke. The 2 projects are from upheaval (check your balance tree). Double Strike shouldn't be apart of your regular rotation. As a matter of fact, it should be used less frequently due to the force cost, considering how one of KC's weaknesses is the fact that it CAN run low on force at times.

-5% accuracy, it is definitely worth it to use Breach with Combat Technique. I use TK sometimes to juke. The 2 projects are from upheaval (check your balance tree). Double Strike shouldn't be apart of your regular rotation. As a matter of fact, it should be used less frequently due to the force cost, considering how one of KC's weaknesses is the fact that it CAN run low on force at times.

Just curious, should we not try to use double strike somewhere in the rotation to proc particle acceleration for the crit project? Are you saying we should just use project whenever it is available and not worry about the proc?

I played around with his build a little, I was avoiding double strike and ended up just using my normal attack as filler. It was a little weird for me but I never had force problems. It does feel weird though, not really have anything to do in between projects and TK. I guess just use the time to spam force breach, mind control if needed, that kind of stuff I guess.

Just curious, should we not try to use double strike somewhere in the rotation to proc particle acceleration for the crit project? Are you saying we should just use project whenever it is available and not worry about the proc?

I worded my post the way I did purposely. I said not apart of your regular rotation due to force cost. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be used at all, the proc is quite excellent.

I played around with his build a little, I was avoiding double strike and ended up just using my normal attack as filler. It was a little weird for me but I never had force problems. It does feel weird though, not really have anything to do in between projects and TK. I guess just use the time to spam force breach, mind control if needed, that kind of stuff I guess.

With her*. You should be using Breach. The debuff it provides to the enemy team is nothing to scoff at. Think about an incoming 3, 4 or even 5k crit that can be avoided all together.

Except every other post about shield generators claims otherwise. shielding white attacks only in pvp

You are right about that, the shield offhand is far from useless though. There are classes/specs that rely heavily on white attacks, and even the force/tech heavy specs don't use yellow attacks exclusively.

In general as kc a shield generator's defense is very much worth the relative small amount of offense you sacrifice for it.

You REALLY have to split these videos into two since you're using 2 vastly different specs. Makes the video unwatchable for me, I can't learn a thing.

you can easily tell just form the skills used and the type of playing style that slightly changes. SS versus TkT

With her*. You should be...

sorry!

Thanks for the responses, those and your videos have helped me out a lot with this class. I'm having more fun with it now.

How much bursting do you try to get while in a kinetic build? Are you popping adrenals and relics right before you open on someone?

Like the quality of the video etc...

But you dont face any BM with there weps, most ppl are Under geared with i think i saw 1 with a champ wep, ontop of Hardly anyone using Biochem when your always almost fully buffed...

Post a video where you fight ppl on par with gear, some buffs and non bads i think you would get more of a turn out instead of a undergeared slaughter eh?

Good video, did my own recently only had windows movie maker to work with, hoping to make something more high scale quality with sony vegas soon, your videos are good models to work off of. I'm a fan of kinetic combat, sustained damage with high survivability is always my preference to a bursty infiltration played the spec well Edited by Bheezhem

The main question - why all your targets mostly stand still and not counterattack you?

Never seen such clumsy behavior on our server (Lord Calypho).

I have to confess that Im total noob in MMO (yet).. But even I can see that almost every Imperial player at our server played a way more skilled than your near innocent victims..

I've currently leveled my Shadow to level 40 with Kinetic. The survivability is great and I can take out most Champions my level or lower, but playing Kinetic has been mind numblingly BORING! It's such a small attack rotation that you can fight in your sleep. I haven't tried Infilitration but it looks 200x more entertaining.

Does Kinetic ever get much more interesting at 50 or is about the same? I understand Infiltration has low survivability but is it more interesting to play as? Is there a big dps increase vs Kinetic or just a subtle difference? I would imagine you have to choose your targets more carefully with Infiltration as well?

I've currently leveled my Shadow to level 40 with Kinetic. The survivability is great and I can take out most Champions my level or lower, but playing Kinetic has been mind numblingly BORING! It's such a small attack rotation that you can fight in your sleep. I haven't tried Infilitration but it looks 200x more entertaining.

Does Kinetic ever get much more interesting at 50 or is about the same? I understand Infiltration has low survivability but is it more interesting to play as? Is there a big dps increase vs Kinetic or just a subtle difference? I would imagine you have to choose your targets more carefully with Infiltration as well?

Ha!

Try to go Balance.. And all your play will consist of watching thoroughly your skillbars..

Or.. (bad idea) You can try semi-hybrid Kinetic build, smthng like: 30/0/11, and have fun been semi-ranged tank..

Hehe. Yeah, I'll have to mess around with some different builds and see what fits me best.

Like I said Kinetic is a great build, but utterly boring to play. I've played all but 1 or 2 classes in the game. I thought Gunnery spec for Commando was boring, but nothing beats Kinetic. You can take a bite of dinner, click an attack, take a drink, click an attack....that's what it feels like lol.

i dont understand how you would find kinetic boring in comparison to infiltration. Both have situational moments but an infiltration shadow pretty much does x2 c-strikes->adrenal/relic powered project for max damage. then when they get enough stacks they'll use force breach thats about it

Like the quality of the video etc...

But you dont face any BM with there weps, most ppl are Under geared with i think i saw 1 with a champ wep, ontop of Hardly anyone using Biochem when your always almost fully buffed...

Post a video where you fight ppl on par with gear, some buffs and non bads i think you would get more of a turn out instead of a undergeared slaughter eh?

I think you're missing the point of this video. Entertainment is primary. It's not a valid epeen boast. I have to take what I am given. I can't give the imperials skill, I can't give them gear and I cannot force them to compete at every moment I want. I also think you're exaggerating a bit on the gear issue, given the fact that my first vid: I was in primarily blues fighting decked champions and still coming out on top. My new video has more BM opponents which will be uploaded either today or sometime this week! Stay tuned!:D

Edited by Xinika

sorry!

How much bursting do you try to get while in a kinetic build? Are you popping adrenals and relics right before you open on someone?

Really depends on the situation but I generally save it for when I have 3 stacks of harnessed shadows.