Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game Direction?

Epicopter

In what direction do you feel this game is going?

Is it going in the direction of WoW where everything is going to be queue based and all we are going to do is sit on the fleet and queue for things?

Or is it actually going to become an MMO?

Is this a trick question?

Because I think it's a trick question.

It'd be more of an MMO with a LFG tool than without one. Did WOW not become an MMO when it added theirs? Still looks like one to me.

So you're saying standing in Fleet all day spamming /1 LFG etc etc etc is better? Then never getting to do the OP/FP because you couldn't find a group through such archaic methods?

The only wrong direction I see is the nerfing for the sake of PVP. Fatal mistake.

Edited by Darkhosis

This game is doing 3x the speed limit on a one way street in the wrong direction.

Is it going in the direction of WoW where everything is going to be queue based and all we are going to do is sit on the fleet and queue for things?

Yes? The reason for the question mark is because its basically there already.

Never was an MMO and never will be

The green guy must think its a trick question because he knows if he answers it correctly then we can ask him why he wants to play this when he thinks WoW sucks.

Edited by Emeda

It'd be more of an MMO with a LFG tool than without one. Did WOW not become an MMO when it added theirs? Still looks like one to me.

A LFG doesnt make it an MMO, interacting with people make it an MMO. LFG just allows 4 strangers, that will most likely never see each other again, do group content. Having a group of 4 people that dont say a word to each other the entire time they are together is not interacting with each other.

To the people saying that people are already just sitting on the fleet all day: I know, I'm wondering if they are going to try and steer away from that. I think the fleet is a terrible hub in general either way, maybe make the hub on a contested planet or something?

So you're saying standing in Fleet all day spamming /1 LFG etc etc etc is better? Then never getting to do the OP/FP because you couldn't find a group through such archaic methods?

The only wrong direction I see is the nerfing for the sake of PVP. Fatal mistake.

How does the LFG tool make it more of an MMO? You don't even need to be in a game world to use the LFG tool, they should just turn WoWs hub into the Starcraft 2 queue screen with chat rooms and an auction house. What is the point of the game world in WoW at this point? other than to fly to raids sometimes? and maybe do some dailies that hardly anyone does anymore?

Besides the LFG tool doesn't even build a server community, you group with 4 random people that you will never see again all in the name of what? a faster queue? half the time they just get what they need and leave.

I just want to know if they are going to encourage a server community and encourage people to leave the fleet and go out into the world, instead of just sit in the fleet all day like everyone currently does...or go to Ilum which is extremely bland and not fun at all.

As much as you might hate WoW, it is still an MMO.

And, after the leveling process is done, TOR is basically WoW from the vanilla or early TBC days. They are using the exact same, tried and true end game formula.

And, after the leveling process is done, TOR is basically WoW from the vanilla or early TBC days. They are using the exact same, tried and true end game formula.

I loved WoW but I hate how they turned it into a game where all you do is sit in the main city and queue, why do you even need an MMO game world to do that? It also kills server communities because you never play with the same people and if you do you just stick to your guild.

To me that isn't what an MMO should be, you should be immersed in a gameworld of Star Wars with other players.

HAHAHA. Riiiiight. Vanilla was actually challenging. You spent a lot of time grinding your gear and improving your character. In SWTOR you're decked in gear in a week, and there's nothing to do after that.

In TBC, at least you'd wipe on one boss per raid night -- you wouldn't clear the hardest stuff in one night like you do in SWTOR.

Very funny.

HAHAHA. Riiiiight. Vanilla was actually challenging. You spent a lot of time grinding your gear and improving your character. In SWTOR you're decked in gear in a week, and there's nothing to do after that.

In TBC, at least you'd wipe on one boss per raid night -- you wouldn't clear the hardest stuff in one night like you do in SWTOR.

Very funny.

REGULAR instances where 10x more challenging and took longer then HM raids in this game.

REGULAR instances where 10x more challenging and took longer then HM raids in this game.

Yeah I remember regular 5 man instances keeping people entertained right up until the end of vanilla WoW.

It also helped that money actually meant something and you had stuff to buy. I remember having to grind money for my 100% speed mount, while it seems tedious by today's standards I always remember getting it and it had such a great sense of accomplishment.

Game direction:

Down the toilet, so I'd imagine the direction is south.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.