Rudimentary dps testing of companions

Kantoro

I took a specific mob, with 125kish health and tested out each of my viable dps companions. I tried to get their mods as close to each other as I could.

Dps pets:

Ashara 577 dps Exsan mode

Ashara 522 dps Perf mode

Revel 505 dps Sniper mode

Khem 400 dps in Offense mode

Khem 356 dps Def stance

Xalek 372 dps Off Mode

Xalek 356 dps Def stance

Just rough numbers and I am sure they won't mean anything to anyone, but if anyone was curious to see the anecdotal evidence of other people, there ya go.

ran some tests too and the results where kinda similar in differences between various chars (ofc numbers where different due to diff gears)

only difference is that i got khem a bit higher than Xal in defensive stance (with comparable gear)

I took a specific mob, with 125kish health and tested out each of my viable dps companions. I tried to get their mods as close to each other as I could.

Dps pets:

Ashara 577 dps Exsan mode

Ashara 522 dps Perf mode

Revel 505 dps Sniper mode

Khem 400 dps in Offense mode

Khem 356 dps Def stance

Xalek 372 dps Off Mode

Xalek 356 dps Def stance

Just rough numbers and I am sure they won't mean anything to anyone, but if anyone was curious to see the anecdotal evidence of other people, there ya go.

I tested comps against 4-packs of the trash mobs near heroic daily on Ilum as well.

My results (testing dps + survivability) were somewhat similar to yours.

Tanks fared worst, with both Xalek and Khem only managing to kill 1 of the 4 trash mobs prior to dying.

Ashara fared 2nd worst, killing 2 (sometimes 3) prior to dying.

Revel fared best, killing 3 (sometimes 4) prior to dying.

That was all with companions on fire-n-forget mode (no manual control from me) and comps having similar gear. Ashara did best in the mode with extra dot damage on her attacks, Revel did best in the mode where his single target shot is hasted.

Ashara fared 2nd worst, killing 2 (sometimes 3) prior to dying.

Revel fared best, killing 3 (sometimes 4) prior to dying.

Ashara did best in the mode with extra dot damage on her attacks, Revel did best in the mode where his single target shot is hasted.

That is interesting, but it doesn't necessity change the OP's findings. I assume Revel killed more because he is ranged, so the bad guys have to use weaker ranged attacks or walk over to melee.

Even if the DoT stance did more damage, I think the armor pen is better to get the burst dps for her to hold aggro a little longer.

One of the things I'd like to see tested is Xalek in full purple 50-51 gear in the same type of comparison.

My Xalek is in 50-51 purples sucks compared to Revel and Ashara in 49 blues. I'll try to remember to run the test with stats and post back tonight.

In case people were curious, all my companions are decked out in Orange: head, chest, legs, boots, weapon. Blue belt, bracers (level 50). I am Bioch, so they have VERY good implants, and lvl 50 blue ears. All their mods are the daily reward types, and their hilts are purples bought with daily comms.

So their gear is fairly decent.