THANK YOU for fixing the PVP greifing

chrisftw

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because not playing 5 minutes is such a huge amount of time. Go get a glass of water instead meanwhile?

It's a PvE server...they didn't flag themselves for PvP, so why should they be inconvenienced by someone intentionally harassing them by abusing a game mechanic to get around being on a PvE server? Yes, this type of action on a PvE server is considered harassment, and it's actionable. Further it's not just about the 5 minutes, either. This type of griefing can affect the player's playstyle and ability to use certain types of attacks. For example, on my bounty hunter I use both targeted and untargeted AoE attacks a lot on mobs as part of my playstyle, and someone who wished to force flag me so they could kill me could simply walk into one. I shouldn't have to ignore or even consider ignoring part of my arsenal just to avoid being force flagged, and with the number of mobs that all pull at the same time it would be borderline stupid to not use them and in some cases it's almost required to use them.

So, now, in addition to not playing at all for 5 minutes you want them to also, basically, remove 1/3 of their abilities from their hotbar so they cannot be force flagged again on a PvE server?

Edited by terminova

stupid design IMO. WT-F aren't there 50 Champion guards near the med services to give you a few min to get ready and keep the enemy away? This is common sense to me.

Because then you'll have people crying about "guard-hugging."

And they Will Cry!

Although, i don't really have an alternate solution to suggest, or see any way around the "guard hugging issue." You either protect people from griefers, or you don't. I don't think there's any grey-area here.

This is happening on a PvE server...

Most greifing-based QQ tends to come from PvE servers because if you get ganked on a PvP server it's just an accepted part of playing there while PvE bears expect to be totally immune to dickish behavior. Also, griefers seemed to be attracted more to PvE servers because said bears will let themselves get flagged and repeatedly die in the same spot without so much as a corpse run or even healing up while invisible.

"I had to wait five minutes to quest then I couldn't mindlessly spam AOEs, it's like Nazi Germany here! Humanity is doomed! Change or I unsub!"

Edited by Abanoth

Anyone who plays on a PvE server and ganks or "flags up" is a poser and everyone knows it. Real PvPers play on PvP servers period. Posers make me laugh, they level in the comfort and safety of the server everyone enjoys then they "flag up" and try and create a PvP environment when they are ensured an easy victory.

Or just revive at a place filled with level 50 champions, like the outposts.

You only have the option to res at your corpse or at the nearest med center and not the med center of your choice because the game decides which one is closest.

Anyone who plays on a PvE server and ganks or "flags up" is a poser and everyone knows it. Real PvPers play on PvP servers period. Posers make me laugh, they level in the comfort and safety of the server everyone enjoys then they "flag up" and try and create a PvP environment when they are ensured an easy victory.

PvP servers have more posers running around ganking lowbies. That's the only kind of PvP that PvP servers offer that PvE servers don't unless the lowbie either flagged themselves or, until this is fixed, a poser forced flagged them. Leveling on a PvP server isn't that hard, either, and it isn't some kind of rite of passage.

Edited by terminova

You only have the option to res at your corpse or at the nearest med center and not the med center of your choice because the game decides which one is closest.

This does need to be addressed, being the reason people had to que for wzs and then AFK-boot themselves to get off Ilum right after 1.1.

Most greifing-based QQ tends to come from PvE servers because if you get ganked on a PvP server it's just an accepted part of playing there while PvE bears expect to be totally immune to dickish behavior. Also, griefers seemed to be attracted more to PvE servers because said bears will let themselves get flagged and repeatedly die in the same spot without so much as a corpse run or even healing up while invisible.

*removed useless part of post*

Are you serious? You cannot heal up while invisible. Once you do anything...you are visible.

Griefers exist in the same quantity on PvP servers as well....except they can get away with it until the victim of their antics can manage to either get some help or they simply log off for a few hours or the day. The only difference is instead of being laughed at and mocked by the other players on the PvP servers....oh wait, the players on PvP servers still mock them as well, they just pretend they don't exist when someone from a PvE server gets force flagged and complains.

PvP servers have more posers running around ganking lowbies. That's the only kind of PvP that PvP servers offer that PvE servers don't unless the lowbie either flagged themselves or, until this is fixed, a poser forced flagged them. Leveling on a PvP server isn't that hard, either, and it isn't some kind of rite of passage.

The fact that one creates a character on a PvP server means that they are willing to get killed by others while leveling. They endure that process. A poser is one who POSES as a big time PvP stud but never went through the right of passage that is leveling on a PvP server. A player on a PvE server flagged up is a poser.

I enjoy PvE servers and I see posers all the time. They are silly.

Edited by Derfmiolleh

Until this is fixed you just have to report them.

Hopefully they get banned but at least the devs should refer the poor soul to a local psychologist or therapist who can council them on their low self esteem issues and their own self hatred.

I pity people who get their jollies by doing this more than anything else. Shows a much deeper problem with them than simply cowardly video game antics.

Never seen it happen.

And if it did, I would just kill them all:-)

Atleast you had a chance for a 1vs1 with hopefully not too hard adds.

But overall, its childish behaviour to do this and shows disrespect to the community.

Other then that need to use your fleet pass and take a break, or just use your 30 min cd port to another place.

Real pvp players plays on RP or PVE servers.

We do PVP in warzones or Ilium where its supposed to happen.

Kids join pvp server to grief other players and enjoy it.

personally I rather enjoy a mature community of an RP server then joining the crash mentality of a pvp server.

Are you serious? You cannot heal up while invisible. Once you do anything...you are visible.

Griefers exist in the same quantity on PvP servers as well....except they can get away with it until the victim of their antics can manage to either get some help or they simply log off for a few hours or the day. The only difference is instead of being laughed at and mocked by the other players on the PvP servers....oh wait, the players on PvP servers still mock them as well, they just pretend they don't exist when someone from a PvE server gets force flagged and complains.

you sir are wrong

recuperate/seethe/reload/whatever your class rest button is called does NOT take you out of stealth

buffing yourself, using a medpack , or any other abilty that is not recuperate (or whatever) will take you out of the rez stealth , also after 8 seconds you are thrown out of stealth regardless

To many times on a PVE server this is how it would go.

You're questing

You AOE something.

Some level 50 player jumps in gets hit with your AOE

Commencing slaughtering you

*Revive yourself*

Slaughtered again by the same player who's corpse camping you.

*revive at med bay*

Friends of the guy who slaughtered you are already waiting because they know you don't want to wait 10 min for the rez timer.

and you get slaughtered again. only in this case each one takes a turn on you. so after one guy gets a kill the other two will have a go at you until you just log off.

THANK YOU for fixing this.

You must have played on some of my serverst then. I love doing that to people.

its not rocket science OP

rez back at base, wait five minutes to unflag , continue questing....again its not rocket science

You don't get the choice of where to rez, its either in spot or at the nearest rez point. Didn't you read OP's orginal posts? The 1st one kills him, the 2nd/3rd one wait at the closest rez point, which is usually just the lonely droid. They are not giving him enough time to get away. This is pure greifing. Maybe you should read the whole thing before coming in here and being a smart alek.

You don't get the choice of where to rez, its either in spot or at the nearest rez point. Didn't you read OP's orginal posts? The 1st one kills him, the 2nd/3rd one wait at the closest rez point, which is usually just the lonely droid. They are not giving him enough time to get away. This is pure greifing. Maybe you should read the whole thing before coming in here and being a smart alek.

again, wait ten minutes and rez , im sorry you are so bitter than you cant fathom waiting 10 minutes rather than get ganked again...

srsly , alt tab it out, watch 10 mins of tv, keep playing

let them stand around idiot like for 20 mins looking around for you

its ...not ....rocket science...

Lol PVE server!

Should come over to the PVP server where folks can't hide behind

abusive flagging mechanics.

I levelled my first character on a pvp server. I saw enemy forces about 4 times total while levelling from 1-50. I guess that makes me a lot better than someone who levelled on a pve server and engaged with enemy forces 4 times less than me while levelling. Those 4 pvp encounters made me the man I am today.