The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Trauma needs to go.

ToRkaz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes please do this. its so hard for me (tank) and my healer friend to survive, it's to hard to compete with me taking 50 percent of his damage, then being able to reduce damage by 20% for 6 seconds, then by 30% for the next 6 seconds, then i have a 3 second cd before i can apply the 20 % again.

the only way i see it happening ever, would be if you removed trauma and gave that ability to some classes (emphasis on the plural) only at a higher reduction rate since its not constantly applied. Giving it to only one ac per side makes you to dependent on that ac so it has to be available to more then one, just dont let it stack. Even if you did this i doubt it would be equally sufficient as the system in place now, as its far more dependent on applying it to specific targets, which gets counteracted by the number of healers per side.

Well at least i know my friends who are healers support me on this, I should have known better than to go to the forums for opinions.

I am a sawbones 31 spec and I don't support this. Even in tier 1 with a few pieces of tier 2 pvp gear I can put out very strong heals. In fact against a similar or less geared player dps I can out heal them and even kill them given enough time. Granted the key point is enough time, but yeah. I have held off a BH merc and an Inquisitor sorc in a 2v1 and still killed one before their friends showed up.

I don't know how it will be at battlemaster, but healing is pretty powerful even with the trauma debuff.

Edited by Tetrablade

As a Merc healer I must say heals are way OP in the current state of PvP. I can heal through 4 people beating on me for a decent amount of time with proper CD usage. The trauma debuff is the only thing that makes healers some-what capable of being killed. Until interrupts work on all the spells of the same type (Like WoW) then the trauma debuff needs to stay. Because like someone stated above, interrupts are pretty useless in this game.

As a merc you have a 25% damage reduc shield that makes you immune to interrupts. Even if Rapid scan gets interrupted you have 2 other insta-cast heals (Emergency Scan and Kolto Missle) and Healing Scan. That equals 3 heals that are not sharing the interrupt cool-down. If you can't stay alive between Healing Scan, Emergency Scan, and Kolto Missle then you are doing it wrong.

Trauma needs to go but at the same time the healing buff on expertise also needs to go.

As a Merc healer I must say heals are way OP in the current state of PvP. I can heal through 4 people beating on me for a decent amount of time with proper CD usage. The trauma debuff is the only thing that makes healers some-what capable of being killed. Until interrupts work on all the spells of the same type (Like WoW) then the trauma debuff needs to stay. Because like someone stated above, interrupts are pretty useless in this game.

As a merc you have a 25% damage reduc shield that makes you immune to interrupts. Even if Rapid scan gets interrupted you have 2 other insta-cast heals (Emergency Scan and Kolto Missle) and Healing Scan. That equals 3 heals that are not sharing the interrupt cool-down. If you can't stay alive between Healing Scan, Emergency Scan, and Kolto Missle then you are doing it wrong.

You have on cooldown to protect you from interrupts. If that's down and you can still cast heals the people you are fighting are bad. None of your other heals have anywhere near the power to keep someone alive against even 1 DPS(outside SGG + healing scan).

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

Trauma - 30% less healing taken whenever in pvp combat, or for a minute after exiting pvp combat.

This is a completely ridiculous debuff when trying to save your allies in pvp. I play a mercenary healer and considering about 90% of my casts get interrupted, or i get stunned, the ones that do get off NEED to hit hard, and they heal for 3k. Not anywhere near a large enough heal to save a dying ally who has 17k health.

Reasons Trauma needs to go.

-It's easy enough to stun or interrupt a healer, which is why their heals need to hit harder when they can successfully cast.

-Healers can not keep up a team-mate being attacked by 2+ dps with a 3-4k heal every 1.9 seconds (mercenary perspective), considering how hard some dps hit.

-the amount of interrupts melee dps have, especially marauders/sentinels is completely ridiculous.

I'm completely serious about this it's not a troll post, I remember in WoW you would absolutely NEED to stun/cc/interrupt the healer while you kill the dps or the dps' health would skyrocket back to 50% with one casted heal.

In SWTOR however, you can completely forget about the healer if you want and demolish whoever you want to kill. It's impossible to heal through damage from a couple dps because of this debuff. Why do pvp healers get screwed, while pve healers can heal as much as they want?

if anything traume needs to be increased to 40-50%.

try going up against a team with 2 heals sages...*********** impossible to kill.

either that or give every tank class a 50% Mortal strike.

either way, healing is too strong, especially after the surge nerf.

You have on cooldown to protect you from interrupts. If that's down and you can still cast heals the people you are fighting are bad. None of your other heals have anywhere near the power to keep someone alive against even 1 DPS(outside SGG + healing scan).

If you are going to use Supercharged and have healing scans going out with no CD you should also be using Kolto Missle to give the 10% damage reduction shield. You have the capabilities, it's just how you use them.

In a 2v1 or even 3v1 no a healer shouldn't live. No one should. It's called advantage of numbers. Even in a 1v1 as a merc healer the most you can be is annoying. Can I survive forever? Heck no. But I can drag out the fight for a good amount of time, or long enough for someone to come to aid.

Only and ONLY when I have full CD's can I heal through 2,3 or sometimes (rarely) 4 people. When they are gone, I am of course roasted instantly. If you can't heal a teammate through 1 person beating on them then that is sad to be honest. Use your knockback, stun...or God forbid use your CC on the guy beating on you. This will at least buy you some time. No you won't be able to do this ever second of the WZ but your not supposed to be able to.

try going up against a team with 2 heals sages...*********** impossible to kill.

People also keep in mind that while the healer is busy healing themselves...who is healing their teammates? Yes I have out healed the dps from two less geared players and yes I killed one. However keep in mind that I mentioned it took a long time, and most of it was keeping heals up on myself rather then doing any damage. Yes a healer might be able to out heal up to 3 people, but watch how much they attack in return, my guess is not much.

Besides as a part-time dps I can tell you that most healers stop healing teammates with even one person attacking. Even if you can't kill them they no longer are healing teammates which means things are in your team's favor.

Actually, interrupt is kinda if not completely useless in this game. People don't even bother fake casting. If I interrupt your heal you'll just cast another one (well, you should).

Except some classes require the first heal to finish casting to get a proc so they can cast a second one...scoundrals require a buff to be able to cast 2/3 of their direct heals and if you interrupt their primary heal...no buff...so no second heal.

People also keep in mind that while the healer is busy healing themselves...who is healing their teammates? Yes I have out healed the dps from two less geared players and yes I killed one. However keep in mind that I mentioned it took a long time, and most of it was keeping heals up on myself rather then doing any damage. Yes a healer might be able to out heal up to 3 people, but watch how much they attack in return, my guess is not much.

Besides as a part-time dps I can tell you that most healers stop healing teammates with even one person attacking. Even if you can't kill them they no longer are healing teammates which means things are in your team's favor.

So you outhealed 2 dps and kill one, so effectively.

You eliminated 2 dps from the equasion because they were now attacking you thus placing you into a tank-like role (taking damage for other teammates) thus that was 2 dps not attacking your teammates giving you an extra man advantage in terms of your teammates (since two are attacking you they are down to 6 players, you are out of the equasion leaving your team with 7)

The increased problem here, you are winning 2 v 1 situations and not the occassional 2 v 1 or by luck nor skill.

You are winning 2 v 1's simply because healing is imbalanced because there is only one counter to it (Mara/Sent healing debuff) and even that isn't enough to counter expertise increased healing.

Did you know that a Merc/Commando and Sorc/Sage can hold a point against a constant attack of four players if they are heal specced and it would take at least 6 to be able to shove them off the point?

The healing in this game is absolutely ludicrous im afraid and it reminds me of AO Doctors.

Edited by Zarthorn

lol, surge nerf affects healers as well...

lol, surge nerf affects healers as well...

It affected dps classes far heavier than it did healing.

Tried both Sawbones and Scrapper pre and post patch, the difference on my Scrapper burst was immediatley noticable, the drop on my Sawbones healing was barely noticable....why?

Because healers don't burst they heal consistently.

The only true counter/debuff that ONE class has (that's not even THAT powerful factoring in expertise...) to definitely powerful healing should be taken away... that's balance!

Come on... get two healers in BM gear or full Champ and see them never die if they're smart. The trauma barely helps on them... as for on allies they heal, yeah it's better for that. If you're one lone healer then I can see it making things very difficult, but I've hardly ever faced a group, even PUGs that's just one healer. (being rep going against Imps).

Interrupts, only go so far when a healer can easily just spam heals till they get through and crit.

Besides that I know ppl don't use trauma properly anyways. Definitely doesn't need to go...

yes please do this. its so hard for me (tank) and my healer friend to survive, it's to hard to compete with me taking 50 percent of his damage, then being able to reduce damage by 20% for 6 seconds, then by 30% for the next 6 seconds, then i have a 3 second cd before i can apply the 20 % again.
Eh? As a Guardian tank who runs with a Sage healer, Guard + taunt makes us nearly immortal in 2 vs 2. Because I have a lot more than just those two abilities. Guardian Leap, Force Push, Force Leap, Stasis. If they try and focus the healer down, both of the OpFor are going to die.

If they are smart and keep the healer CCed and try to burst me down, then they stand a chance. But I've got enough Champ gear (combined with CDs) now to make that difficult even for BMs.

From complaints I've heard, Trauma is really only screwing over non-sage healers and is also the only thing keeping Sages/Sorcs in check in PvP. As bad as things are now with all the people who rerolled Sage/Sorc, I would bet money if trauma got removed, there would literally be no reason to queue as anything else.

Most of the guard/taunt demands are sarcastic replies to removing trauma pretty much.

That's good to know, some of the commentary on balance in SWTOR lately has been friggin mindblowing. The PvP in this game is more balanced than any MMO I've played in years. I understand people don't necessarily like it, I fully recognize that there are problems and flaws with it, but some of the calls for buffs and nerfs just blow my mind.

Note to OP: Commando Healer (commando heals are nothing to write home about) we are more than fine, your friends are wrong. This is not WoW and the fact that Healers were godmode in WoW was crappy game design.

This is not WoW and the fact that Healers were godmode in WoW was crappy game design.
This was supposedly going to be fixed in Cata and it was.... for the 352 blue set that was available on release. Healers could easily be forced to run out of mana by 1-2 players and die. But once they got above that gear, forget about it. The core stat increases combined with resilience made their jobs a joke.

But the one thing they got right was that healers shouldn't be cranking out loads of damage, which is still an issue in SWTOR.

This was supposedly going to be fixed in Cata and it was.... for the 352 blue set that was available on release. Healers could easily be forced to run out of mana by 1-2 players and die. But once they got above that gear, forget about it. The core stat increases combined with resilience made their jobs a joke.

But the one thing they got right was that healers shouldn't be cranking out loads of damage, which is still an issue in SWTOR.

I just figure there will always be something to complain about. At least this is back in my comfortable domain of DPS players complaining about everything, the SWTOR QQing about Healer medals was really starting to get me down. Everyone should be able to to damage, DPS should be the best at it, DPS is the best at it, there is 0 problem. Play on a team, not by yourself... I'm sorry, this is not a Jet Li movie, you are not teh wun.

Edited by SWImara