Sidious vs Vitiate

Shokzman

It's funny I've noticed there a group of people on this forum (you know who you are) who feel that they know everything and that their word is law, FYI it's not, at all.

It's honestly at the stage where posting here is pointless, you should be left to speak to each other and agree/bask in your own awesomeness.

The Color team is keeping this forum section alive at least. Give them some credit.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They keep it alive but mostly posting mindless drivel and abuse to anyone outside of their circle as is evident in this thread.

You just get a bad impression, it tends to happen when the first time you meet people they embarrass you and make you feel inadequate.

Because that's what happens. People like you walk into a thread like this screaming "but Vitiate drained a planet yo!" Only for us to turn around and tell you that Sidious did the same, while telepathically forcing them all to believe they were living in some eutopia. People say Vitiate took on a strike team, barely moving. Sidious obliterated fleets "with a thought". You just have no clue what you're talking about, and frankly you're not ready for us when you arrive.

No need to feel bad though. There's only one person who can argue Vitiate > Sidious, and he does it by selectively taking hyperbole at face value while dismissing every single quote that is older than TOR. Aka the only way he can do it is rampant displays of bias.

So it's not like you're the only one, cheer up! :jawa_redface:

You just get a bad impression, it tends to happen when the first time you meet people they embarrass you and make you feel inadequate.

Because that's what happens. People like you walk into a thread like this screaming "but Vitiate drained a planet yo!" Only for us to turn around and tell you that Sidious did the same, while telepathically forcing them all to believe they were living in some eutopia. People say Vitiate took on a strike team, barely moving. Sidious obliterated fleets "with a thought". You just have no clue what you're talking about, and frankly you're not ready for us when you arrive.

No need to feel bad though. There's only one person who can argue Vitiate > Sidious, and he does it by selectively taking hyperbole at face value while dismissing every single quote that is older than TOR. Aka the only way he can do it is rampant displays of bias.

So it's not like you're the only one, cheer up! :jawa_redface:

Hah this is exactly the hyperbole I'm talking about, at this point the Sidious Vs. Vitiate isn't even the issue. The issue is the abrupt and terrible attitude you guys have, I mean read that back and honestly tell me it doesn't make you look/sound like an ***.

I could happily be persuaded what I can't accept is the rude/aggressive attitude you people have, it's star wars for christ sake is there really a need for you guys to be so arrogant toward everyone?

I get this is a forum but god, you guys are just another level of intense/rude about a fictions subject that people discuss for fun.

Edit: I'd like to point out I know it isn't a new thing I've been looking this forum since 2008. People have always had some arguments but you guys as a collective are just so rude/condescending/arrogant far worse than anything before you.

Edited by RTCBrad

Hah this is exactly the hyperbole I'm talking about, at this point the Sidious Vs. Vitiate isn't even the issue. The issue is the abrupt and terrible attitude you guys have, I mean read that back and honestly tell me it doesn't make you look/sound like an ***.

I could happily be persuaded what I can't accept is the rude/aggressive attitude you people have, it's star wars for christ sake is there really a need for you guys to be so arrogant toward everyone?

I get this is a forum but god, you guys are just another level of intense/rude about a fictions subject that people discuss for fun.

Edit: I'd like to point out I know it isn't a new thing I've been looking this forum since 2008. People have always had some arguments but you guys as a collective are just so rude/condescending/arrogant far worse than anything before you.

I try to be respectful to the people I debate against but I have been known to debate aggressively. I'm going to point out some facts that you may not like but it's just the way things are despite people wishing the contrary. If you watch a debate team you'll probably view most of the players as arrogant. You'll see them provoke each other with subtle remarks and even gestures.

What about people who fight competitively? Look at Boxing, the UFC, or any other similar forms of competition. What do you see? Before the fight it's relatively common for both combatants to try to get under each other's skin. They'll taunt them, insult them, and sometimes even make remarks about their family. Soccer teams, basketball teams, foot ball teams, and you name it you'll see the same displays from time to time.

That's because when people are knowledgeable, skilled, or competitive about something they usually take a lot of pride in that same thing. Someone who insinuates, even if it's not outright stated, that they are wrong is considered a challenge. Something most of those people either dislike (in which case they're not going to be nice) or consider a challenge (in which case they will argue their case and aim to beat you down with it.) and in the end you can try to make claims that those who are arrogant aren't really that good (I've seen people claim this) but that's not really the case either.

Truth is those with the most pride who take what they feel the most seriously and are the most passionate/aggressive about the things they care about are usually more knowledgeable, skilled, and professional than those who aren't. I'm the same way when it comes to certain things. Such as card games. If you tell me I'm not that good in person, that you're going to beat me, or that you know more than me and it's going to be on. I've had people tell me that I'm arrogant and arrogant people never truly win and then I walk away with hundreds/thousands in prize money.

It's not arrogance in this case. It's confidence. Sometimes I lose sure but I win far more than I lose and I usually can safely assume in most cases if I don't recognize my opponents I'm going to be cashing out that night. You can call me a jerk but in the end I just know the game and have a great understanding of probability. I've also learned my own tells and I've learned to read people. Most people think they stand a chance when they've put in only the fraction of the time I have. You know what I find those people? Funny.

Why am I talking about cards? It's the same here. Many people who claim vitiate is better than Palpatine have not read all the material that has given them the opposite opinion. They've read just about everything there is to know about star wars. Some can quote line for line and even page number. Many of the people you argue with in many cases know more about the character you're supporting than even yourself do.

Seeing people bring up the same arguments over and over gets annoying which lowers the same people's patience when it's already been done to death. It gets tiring hearing the same arguments and the same comments that you've already refuted and defeated.

Edited by Rhyltran

Many people who claim vitiate is better than Palpatine have not read all the material that has given them the opposite opinion.

You are getting ahead of yourself. I, for example have read all the EU regarding Sidious( and all other Sith for that matter) and still i think Vitiate is more powerful.

Also why you use the term ''better''? If you use that term, yes, Sidious is a better sith that Vitiate. I don't think anybody ever said Vitiate is a good sith. He is just a more powerful being, not a better Sith.

You are getting ahead of yourself. I, for example have read all the EU regarding Sidious( and all other Sith for that matter) and still i think Vitiate is more powerful.

Also why you use the term ''better''? If you use that term, yes, Sidious is a better sith that Vitiate. I don't think anybody ever said Vitiate is a good sith. He is just a more powerful being, not a better Sith.

By better I mean more powerful. I'm not getting into the debate here because it already stands. I also said "many" not all Vitiate supporters lack their knowledge of the EU but many do. Many are unaware of all the feats Sidious has. My post wasn't designed to argue or insult. I'm just stating that some people are considered arrogant merely because they are passionate in what they believe which stems from the fact that they spent a lot of time studying the material they're passionate about.

Edited by Rhyltran

It's funny I've noticed there a group of people on this forum (you know who you are) who feel that they know everything and that their word is law, FYI it's not, at all.

It's honestly at the stage where posting here is pointless, you should be left to speak to each other and agree/bask in your own awesomeness.

posting mindless drivel and abuse to anyone outside of their circle as is evident in this thread.

And we're the arrogant ones?

You're interesting, at least. I'll give you that. I mean it's not exactly often you post in threads around here, but when you come in stating someone wins a vs matchup "because she has Revan's blood", you're going to get laughed at. That's not us being arrogant, it's you being moronic.

Satele would win, she has Revan's blood.

In regards to your original post:

Nowhere have we ever tried to say we're infallible. If we thought we were, we wouldn't argue anything at all. S_W_LeGenD comes to this forum every few months with the sole purpose of heightening bias towards SWTOR era characters, and we've still engaged him. Numerous times.

We attempt to educate the masses on characters they don't have time to explore with short but in depth summaries of their abilities. Along with hosting tournaments almost round the clock.

And yet you come into threads and say we're the ones who do not belong on the boards we've forged? What contributions have you made to this section, other than some majestic Malgus hate and a bit of baseless entertainment?

It honestly seems the reason you detest us isn't the arrogance, it's that you'll come into threads expecting us to believe your favorite character wins, and not just reply with how rampantly incorrect you are. Sorry for doing our jobs on these forums and actually debating, instead of the singular line "Revan wins", which you do seem to enjoy so much.

Nowhere have we ever tried to say we're infallible. If we thought we were, we wouldn't argue anything at all. S_W_LeGenD comes to this forum every few months with the sole purpose of heightening bias towards SWTOR era characters, and we've still engaged him. Numerous times.

We attempt to educate the masses on characters they don't have time to explore with short but in depth summaries of their abilities. Along with hosting tournaments almost round the clock.

And yet you come into threads and say we're the ones who do not belong on the boards we've forged? What contributions have you made to this section, other than some majestic Malgus hate and a bit of baseless entertainment?

I find the extent of how much you take yourself seriously disturbing... and funny. :rak_grin:

Edited by Kaedusz

And we're the arrogant ones?

You're interesting, at least. I'll give you that. I mean it's not exactly often you post in threads around here, but when you come in stating someone wins a vs matchup "because she has Revan's blood", you're going to get laughed at. That's not us being arrogant, it's you being moronic.

In regards to your original post:

It honestly seems the reason you detest us isn't the arrogance, it's that you'll come into threads expecting us to believe your favorite character wins, and not just reply with how rampantly incorrect you are. Sorry for doing our jobs on these forums and actually debating, instead of the singular line "Revan wins", which you do seem to enjoy so much.

Haha you pick one post and over analyse it as a defense for the way you speak to people.

Not that it is at all relevant but I've posted a fair number of troll posts on this forum over the years. And I know how much of a reaction things like "Satele wins, she has Revans blood" will provoke from you guys as is evident in that last post haha. I'm well aware of the rampant Revan hate among you guys so it's the perfect bait you can't resist.

I remember a while back you had a Real 10 most powerful lists and your little group could overule and decide which went where regardless of what other people thought. If that isn't considering yourselves infallible I don't know what it is.

Anyway my troll posts aside, you refuse to accept that actually, most of the time you are just being straight up rude, for no real reason beyond stroking your own ego.

Edited by RTCBrad

Yeah, but you're the guy who disregards post-ROTJ for Sidious...

Darth Sidious didn't even see the betrayal of Vader coming and people want to discuss him next to Vitiate.

To strike at Vitiate you have to return him to a physical form. Darth Marr made that quite clear. He didn't even need a ritual to bust Ziost, he can be EVERYWHERE.

I feel like nobody can truly comprehend his presence and how he can really be anywhere. What's his actual weakness? Not to mention which one of the combatants is alive?

Darth Sidious didn't even see the betrayal of Vader coming and people want to discuss him next to Vitiate.

To strike at Vitiate you have to return him to a physical form. Darth Marr made that quite clear. He didn't even need a ritual to bust Ziost, he can be EVERYWHERE.

I feel like nobody can truly comprehend his presence and how he can really be anywhere. What's his actual weakness? Not to mention which one of the combatants is alive?

Sidious can channel Sith Spirits into manifesting :/

I'll get back to the rest of this when I'm not on my phone though.

Edited by Selenial

Yeah, but you're the guy who disregards post-ROTJ for Sidious...

Yes but that's because i don't like it in principle. The reason for not liking it is not cus of Sidious in particular.

Edited by Kaedusz

What I don't think many people realize is Palpatine has to win because

1. Lucas created him and wants him to be the most powerful

2. If Palpatine wasn't the most powerful it starts to diminish the original trilogy

Though I'm not Palpatine is more powerful or better and I'm not saying Vitiate is more powerful or better I am saying the argument is rigged from the start

Ive decided to post here rather then make my own thread-- so slightly off-topic-- ( im sorry if this is derailing) but, Id like to talk about who has the better written story, Vitiate or Sidious. I personally think vitiate has the better written story. To elaborate, it just seems as if Vitiate has a crisper, cleaner story that's not totally overblown. For instance, Vitiate doesn't have feats that are so absurdly powerful that it's almost laughable, such as roflstomping fleets and planets with lightning. It seems as though Vitiate has the more realistic story feat-wise because he wasn't too powerful yet pretty powerful. (yes I know Sidious is the most powerful sith to exist, but that is still some pretty overblown abilities which makes for bad writing I think.)

Not to mention, Sidious clones himself and comes back to life as them what seems like half-a-dozen times. I think the idea of Vitiate possessing bodies (The voices) is a lot better of an idea then because Vitiate himself doesn't actually die when the voice dies.

I don't know everything about Sidious, but what I know of seems like it could have been done better. Granted, Sidious doesn't have a pretty bad plot-hole such as Vitiate. We all know Vitiate isn't gonna succeed at sucking all life from the galaxy.

Feel free to correct me in all points please. (I feel as though I didn't put this forth very well so please, help me out.)

Ive decided to post here rather then make my own thread-- so slightly off-topic-- ( im sorry if this is derailing) but, Id like to talk about who has the better written story, Vitiate or Sidious. I personally think vitiate has the better written story. To elaborate, it just seems as if Vitiate has a crisper, cleaner story that's not totally overblown. For instance, Vitiate doesn't have feats that are so absurdly powerful that it's almost laughable, such as roflstomping fleets and planets with lightning. It seems as though Vitiate has the more realistic story feat-wise because he wasn't too powerful yet pretty powerful. (yes I know Sidious is the most powerful sith to exist, but that is still some pretty overblown abilities which makes for bad writing I think.)

Not to mention, Sidious clones himself and comes back to life as them what seems like half-a-dozen times. I think the idea of Vitiate possessing bodies (The voices) is a lot better of an idea then because Vitiate himself doesn't actually die when the voice dies.

I don't know everything about Sidious, but what I know of seems like it could have been done better. Granted, Sidious doesn't have a pretty bad plot-hole such as Vitiate. We all know Vitiate isn't gonna succeed at sucking all life from the galaxy.

Feel free to correct me in all points please. (I feel as though I didn't put this forth very well so please, help me out.)

1. How is Vitiate's story better? Both have interesting stories, I mean Palps single handily destroyed the Republic by not even...well destroying the Republic, he turned it upside down on its head and reformed it into the Galactic Empire. This after he had turned the galactic populace against the former Supreme Chancellor, which then upped him into being the Chancellor before then manipulating himself further through the politic chain and becoming head of the Republic.

2. Sidious doesn't really need his DE incarnation really to be the most powerful, as he was already noted as such even before that time and he already had some large scale feats even before then.

3. This doesn't really make much difference, Sidious was able to posses bodies just like Vitiate can do, as he took over one of his Inquisitors bodies, threatened to take over Luke's body and also the unborn son of Leia. Only difference, he decided to have clones of himself being younger....I don't see how this makes much difference between the two. Sidious is still alive in his essence form so....yeah.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Palps single handily destroyed the Republic

Not single handily.

as he was already noted as such even before that time and he already had some large scale feats even before then.

Apparently these feats or whatever else he was ''noted'' for is not enough to overshadow Vitiate.

This doesn't really make much difference, Sidious was able to posses bodies just like Vitiate can do, as he took over one of his Inquisitors bodies, threatened to take over Luke's body and also the unborn son of Leia. Only difference, he decided to have clones of himself being younger....I don't see how this makes much difference between the two. Sidious is still alive in his essence form so....yeah.

The Difference is Vitiate was able to effect the physical world much more directly. Also Vitiate's consciousness is more vast with all the pros and cons that come with that.

Also Vitiate's stuff is not the same as the vanilla Essence Transfer which Sidious did and was less of an ability.

Edited by Kaedusz

1. How is Vitiate's story better? Both have interesting stories, I mean Palps single handily destroyed the Republic by not even...well destroying the Republic, he turned it upside down on its head and reformed it into the Galactic Empire. This after he had turned the galactic populace against the former Supreme Chancellor, which then upped him into being the Chancellor before then manipulating himself further through the politic chain and becoming head of the Republic.

2. Sidious doesn't really need his DE incarnation really to be the most powerful, as he was already noted as such even before that time and he already had some large scale feats even before then.

3. This doesn't really make much difference, Sidious was able to posses bodies just like Vitiate can do, as he took over one of his Inquisitors bodies, threatened to take over Luke's body and also the unborn son of Leia. Only difference, he decided to have clones of himself being younger....I don't see how this makes much difference between the two. Sidious is still alive in his essence form so....yeah.

He destroyed the republic without even fighting it. That was one of the greatest achievements in the history of star wars.

Agree with everything else you said.