The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Carolina parakeet and MT HM FP's

KadyeNova

sooo, like the title says, would a 21-2-18 build be viable for main tanking hard mode flashpoints?

I have a ridiculously large amount of cent and champ comms, im thinking of buying a tank set and running HM FP's as a tank instead of dps, easier to find spots, etc. does the extra talents in shield hurt a lot when missing?

Edited by KadyeNova

I used Columi gear. It gives a bit more protection then the PvP stuff does. Not to mention a nice 4 pc damage reduction bonus.

this is the key. you can't spec parakeet and jump in the fp's with green stuff. Once you're columi you already outgear most of the hard modes so you can just gear that place and spec practically whatever you want

I am reasonably well geared (Rakata Head, Belt & Main Hand, Columi Chest, Boots, Shield & Bracers, Nightmare Mode shield Relic - the proc one, Hard mode shield relic - the "use" one) and I'm at a bit of a loss what spec to go.

I'm pretty well geared I think, with the exception of my Ear and Implants (Champion). All of my gear is the Supercommando tank, but with the normal mods as I think i'm pretty tanky with normal mods, and Aim is useful for helping DPS meet tighter Nightmare Model enrage timers, but...

I ran the standard 31/8/2 spec so I was pretty survivable through Normal and Hard Ops, and had very little issues. I ran Nightmare mode with the same spec and again had very little issues. Last night I decided to swap to a more threat/DPS set-up (31/5/5) and I was significantly less survivable. Now, we had a new healer along, so I don't know if it was me noticing less heals or more damage being taken.

Given my gear, should I have any worries using the Parakeet build to tank Nightmare ops? Will healers hate me? :) Moving to Parakeet will increase my DPS, meaning less pressure on the DPS specs, and should give the raid more of a chance to meet enrage timers if we have a "whoops" moment.

oh my god flashpoints are one thing but never go parakeet for ops your DPS isn't high enough to warrant it

Sometimes on fights that are all unshieldable (soa etc) I go a modified iron fist spec; giving up 10% shield in favor of 2% damage reduction is awesome. Last I heard 31 ST does more DPS than the hybrids as long as you flamethrower on cooldown but I haven't seen any math behind it.